Home Forums Bike Forum Endura MT500 Jacket

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Endura MT500 Jacket
  • coconut
    Free Member

Anyone bought a new Endura MT500 Jacket ? How do the sizes come up (on the large side ?). Looks a great jacket for mountain biking but also general fell walking etc ?

https://www.endurasport.com/product/mt500-waterproof-jacket/

ravingdave

I got 1 for christmas. So far kept me completely dry and warm. Great ventilation which actually makes a difference.

Im in a large. 5’10” with broad shoulders. Wouldnt want anything smaller as would be tight across shoulders. And for normal wear (if you wanted for walking) i can get a thickish jumper underneath

Cut is v short at front which feels odd initially but that might just be the long tail giving odd proportions. Is useful for getting off back of saddle though.

Fell if 1st time i wore it quiet heavily. It took it fine.

Overall a great bit if kit that i love and will wash carefully. Orange also keeps you visible when riding on road

russl
    Free Member

I got one for crimbo too, I’m a fat lad so XXL for me and it’s a lovely fit.
    Not worn it in the rain yet but I’ve worn it on one road ride and one MTB ride and can confirm it’s seriously breathable, first coat I’ve ever had that’s not drenched inside when I take it off, really impressed so far.
    Looks really nice too.

SuperScale20
    Free Member

Great Jacket if you mean the MT500 II I am normally medium but purchased in store and small was more suitable for me – I can honestly say the jacket is one of my best purchases and have worn this winter with just a baselayer and jersey at somtimes minus temp.

wind-bag
    Free Member

They are great jackets, the hood is a real faff though, still haven’t figured out how to roll it up and secure it. When you’re riding on the road the hood billows out and obscures your vision when looking behind.

mccraque

I’ve got the previous model and gave it a massive test today through 30 miles of heavy rain.

First few rides it was great. Now it wets out a little particularly around the chest area, which seems more permeable than the rest.

Overall a good winter jacket. Good cut, great vents- but not quite as waterproof as I’d have hoped*

*but still better than my gore goretex active*

guandax
    Free Member

Just bought one myself. Shop around and you can pick one up for £130.

It’s not as warm as other jackets I’ve owned, but it breaths so well – russl nailed it with “first coat I’ve ever had that’s not drenched inside when I take it off”.

Vents are great, and are cleverly place not to interfere with camelbak straps.

I’m usually on the medium/large cusp, and medium is good for me.

Love mine. Thoroughly recommended.

rickon
    Free Member

I’ve got the smock version. 5’11, medium build. I’m in a small. Always found Endura sizing a bit weird.

It’s a great jacket, pretty breathable, feels tough, and still waterproof.

As above, the hood is odd. The storage device is very weird. I just leave the hood open.

iainc

Very good when it’s proper wet and horrible out. Also vents well when it dries up a bit. Reassuringly bulky, in a good way.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Endura MT500 Jacket’ is closed to new replies.