Home Forums Chat Forum Does anyone use the Beeline navigation system.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Does anyone use the Beeline navigation system.
  • Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

I’m considering it for my motorbike as I am drawn to its simplicity and understated looks. But I am wondering what it is like as an alternative to a genuine SatNav?

I know they can be used on cycles as well, does anyone have one? And if so what do you think of it.

And finally I understand it needs a BT connection with a phone. The battery on my iPhone is not great, will this drain it even more quickly?

Thank you

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I had something similar for a while, a cheap chinese gps that would point at your destination.

It works nine times out of ten, but you do end up spending some time getting stuck at things like big roads or you end up at industrial estates you cant get into or out of.

Aidy
    Free Member

I ordered one when they went on general sale September-ish last year (i.e. not a pre-order).

A couple of weeks went past with no comms, and then they were sort of thinking about maybe starting to send them out. Possibly.

I queried, and their excuse was basically that they were a small company, so we shouldn’t expect too much from them.

I cancelled my order.

To be fair, they were reasonably efficient at giving me my money back.

Dark-Side

I’ve got one for my motorbike. I’ve only used it once to ride down an watch the National CX Champs, there were a couple of roundabouts where the exit wasn’t clear until I was right upon it (actually after it on one occasion, I had to do a uturn) but in general it seems to do the trick.

It’s not a satnav in the traditional sense, but as a navigational guide that stops you having to pull over and check your phone/ a map regularly it does what it is supposed to.

BadlyWiredDog

Initially the thing just worked like a glorified compass and pointed at your destination, but you can now – I think – create a route in advance, import the GPX and use the pointer to follow it, which seems a lot more sensible.

It’s quite hard to work out from the website whether the unit needs to be permanently paired with your smartphone to work in routing mode though, ie: your phone is doing the navigation and the Beeline is effectively just a display like a paired smartwatch?

Edit: basically afaiks your phone needs to be on and paired, it’s doing the heavy navigational lifting.

Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

Thanks everyone. Having read the replies and done some more research I don’t think the Beeline is quite what I am after.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Does anyone use the Beeline navigation system.’ is closed to new replies.