Viewing 40 posts - 681 through 720 (of 822 total)
  • COVID vaccination side effects. What were yours?
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

From here:
    Health authorities in the UK and Europe have confirmed a possible link between the AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine and a small number of blood clot cases, but are yet to establish a definite causal relation…

[other stuff]

…What’s more, around 10,000 people usually develop blood clots in the EU in any given month, while an estimated 3,000 blood clot cases occur monthly in the UK. The general population’s risk of cerebral venous sinus thrombosis (CVST) – one of the blood clot types observed in Vaxzevria recipients – is around five in a million; slightly higher than the risk associated with the vaccine.

i.e. Yes people are getting clots, but they can’t prove a link – and more people get clots anyway even without the vaccine.

Also this:
    It’s also worth noting that Covid-19 itself carries a significant risk of blood clots; according to a study in the journal Thorax, the prevalence of pulmonary embolism and deep vein thrombosis in people with the virus was 7.8% and 11.2%, respectively.

midlifecrashes

2nd AZ yesterday, no ill effects on day. Today, heavy dull pain in chest, aching joints, tenderness in the jab site and a real fatigue. Quite similar to jab one. Jab one I could feel I wasn’t quite right for about a week, but was only actually feeling ill for a day and a half.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Moderna this morning. No queue and 6 minutes from walking up to the door to the needle!

Then the 15 minute rest, but no tea and KitKat. Dam boomers taking all the good stuff and leaving us nothing 😉

So far, feels like any other jab in the arm, a bit sore but fine apart from that.

johnw1984
    Free Member

Currently sat in St Helens rugby ground doing my 15 mins. No kit kats or dinks here, but it was a nice smooth process!

I had the Pfizer same as my wife. She was a bit tired and got a sore arm. No idea if they were symptoms as she’s a ground worker 😂

onewheelgood

Had my second AZ yesterday morning. Having had quite a rough time with the first I was a bit apprehensive. I was asked how the first had gone, so I told them it has been horrible but fairly short lived, they said that seemed quite common. Appointment for jab 2 was at 09:25 and I was jabbed and out by 09:30. The waiting area was full so they asked me to wait 15 minutes in my car – which I did.
    This time the effects were much milder. I didn’t sleep particularly well, but no obvious reason why not – no shivering or fever this time. This morning I felt a bit achy and lethargic first thing, so I had a pretty relaxed morning. By midday the aches had gone and I went for a road ride – absolutely normal, heart rate normal, speed normal. So on a sample of one, 2nd AZ jab is much more comfortable than the first.

Murray

I had my 2nd AZ on Wednesday. First one, I had vivid dreams, sweats etc. This time – nothing at all, not even pain at the injection site.

Edukator
    Free Member

I haven’t raised the issues until now because they’re not serious issues and I wanted to see how things panned out. Initially after AZ jab I felt fine, then my symptoms of long Covid (possibly, no test in March last year) declined – excellent ! Then I started to get neck ache which rose to a head ache which was enough to stop me riding the bike after a week or so. It dragged on and at nearly two months it’s getting better. I’ve now got x-rays to show my neck is fine. Clinical examination and the images provide no explanation. I don’t normaly get neck pain unless I crash skiing, mountain biking or even swimming (it happens). Anyhow, the doc says Moderna for my second dose.

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

Two and a half weeks on from first AZ and I’m still massively fatigued with muscle ache. Did a 50k offroad ride 2 days before my jab. Would struggle to do 5k now. Really hoping this fades sooner rather than later as its wearing thin now.

sharkbait
    Free Member

The waiting area was full so they asked me to wait 15 minutes in my car – which I did.

I’m quite surprised anyone is still asking you to wait 15 mins after an AZ jab.

Flaperon

You can walk out straight away after AZ, but you shouldn’t drive for 15 minutes after.

thelawman

Had my 2nd AZ on Tuesday (lunchtime) and it’s now Saturday. I’d been brewing a cold when I went to bed the night before, although nothing more than a sore throat. The cold has been running its course as the week’s progressed, into snottiness and sneezing and a croaky voice at various points, but no discernible side effects from the vaccine at all; I can’t even honestly say that my arm is sore. They did ask me to wait 15 mins in the car afterwards, which I cut down to 5 before heading off to do some errands.

gruffj
    Free Member

Extreme vertigo/dizziness and headaches, 10 days and counting after my Moderna jab. Very unpleasant indeed.

rsl1
    Free Member

In my late 20’s, Pfizer on Wednesday. Strange night’s sleep, woke up a lot with a properly racing heart that I had to mentally calm down from, but I can’t be sure I wasn’t dreaming it all. Woke up fine and climbed striding edge, although low level headache for 2 days now. Girlfriend was the week before and was a bit tired the day after but that’s it.

I was easily the oldest in the centre, either my area is doing extremely well or the generation above me needs to pull their finger out and stop refusing the jab!

amodicumofgnar

Jab two today, taken two hours for the flu like aches to kick in Took over 12 hrs last time. Dr asked a few how was the first jab / any side effects. Surprised to be advised I might get a repeat of the same experiences this time. Not the worse reaction to the first dose compared to the second advertised by the rumour mill.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

First AZ on Thursday, nothing to report. 👍🏻

mrsheen
    Free Member

First AZ jab on Tuesday at Man City ground. Queued around 40 minutes that was divided up by several checkpoint desks – presumably to manage the large numbers?

Only side effects were slight pins and needles in left wrist and occasional sore arm and a vague feeling of being spaced out that evening.

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Had my 2nd AZ jab on Monday,side effects were similar to a light headcold. Pretty much the same effects that I had after the first jab in March.
    When I did some cycling I could tell that I was worse than usual.
    It’s left me feeling under the weather all week,which was a bit of a blow as I’m on holiday this week & was planning on climbing Scafell Pike..
    Not sure if it’s related but today I had my HGV medical & for the first time ever I was told that my blood pressure was high. I’m 59,10st 7 & 5’6”. Obviously I’ll start monitoring my blood pressure,has anyone else had their blood pressure go up after having the jab?

windyg
    Free Member

Had my 2nd AZ jab yesterday, arm aches today and I feel a little bit more tired than normal but generally all ok.

Russell96

2nd AZ for me yesterday too, had some splitting headaches yesterday, and a mild arm ache today.

labsey
    Free Member

First Pfizer one today, walked straight in but no tea or biscuits. Slightly sore arm. No noticeable increase in phone signal strength. Will see what tomorrow brings.

willard

Had first Pfizer on Thursday. Slight soreness in my rm after a few hours and that feeling of getting a cold after about five. Ended up going to bed feeling a bit poo, but woke up friday feeling ok. Arm is no longer sore (+3 days) and, like labsey, I’m not seeing advantages from the Bill Gates chip.

BadlyWiredDog

Late 50s, long hauler, second AZ jab on Sunday morning. Felt a bit off for the remainder of Sunday but nowt horrendous. Woke up in the small hours of Monday morning feeling a bit hot and shaky, popper a couple of paracetamol and went back to sleep. Monday I felt tired and my RHR was up 7bpm. Today, Tuesday I seem pretty much back to long haul normal bar a slightly sore left deltoid. Overall pretty moderate reaction and milder than my initial response to the first instalment.

I’m hoping this is it. The first AZ jab brought back a bunch of long covid symptoms I thought I’d seen the back of. I don’t expect a miracle cure, but it would be nice not to feel worse. Fingers crossed.

baldiebenty
    Free Member

2nd AZ jab on Friday, felt a bit off and headachey after the 1st.
    Couldn’t really say I noticed anything in particular, not even a sore shoulder but my shoulder was sore anyway from giving a tree a hefty wallop a week before.
    On Sunday I was out for a ride at Staunton and after my first run I thought “ok, today is just for a cruise about then” as I felt a bit disconnected and my timing felt all weird.
    Went out again to some local stuff yesterday and felt fine with none of those same weird feelings.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Had my second AZ on Friday at very short notice. Symptoms almost identical to the first – 8hrs in start feeling achey, 10hrs in proper shaking like a leaf shivers, then body temp up through the roof baking hot (but no sweating). Like a proper bad cold coming on but without the brain fog.

All cleared up by the next day, just feeling a bit washed out. Bruised feeling shoulder, fully sorted today.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

50. 2nd AZ yesterday 13.00. Bit of a thick head & fatigue – bit like a hangover!? 🤣

nickname
    Free Member

40, 1st AZ Jab Sunday midday. About 30 mins after started to get a mild tension headache that persisted until early afternoon today (Tues). Hopefully it doesn’t come back in the morning!

The day after I felt a bit tired, I had about 1hr in the afternoon of feeling pretty cold and aches, then feeling hot…but it didn’t last long and I didn’t sweat anything out.

Generally felt a bit spaced out. I actually stabbed my toe over night whilst going to the loo and barely noticed…in the morning there was quite a bit of blood…so maybe the jab makes us super strong and resilient to pain? 🙂

I think I’m at the stage now where I feel like going out for a run, so back to normal.

Hopefully job done!

ahsat

6 months of long covid here, including a persistent headache. First Pfizer dose last night and 24 hours on nothing to report other than my normal headache and a sore arm (which is starting to wear off). Feel a bit dozy, but also didn’t sleep that well last night (I think due to the sore arm and being warm) so probably more that than anything. Fingers crossed it lasts like this – I really really don’t want to go back to feel rough again as I am starting to feel better from long covid (the vaccinator give 9/10 odds I would feel rough having had COVID in the past and told me to take paracetamol as soon as I got home – glad to have seemingly have beaten the odds).

dyna-ti

while an estimated 3,000 blood clot cases occur monthly in the UK.

So where are they then ?.
    Vaccine has been rolled out several months now and there have only been a few cases of blood clots, which is at complete odds to this data you have supplied claiming normally there are shed loads of blood clot cases.

Sounds like false data to me.

And as to 10,000 per month in the EU, that also sounds like a load of sh**e.

Plus there are some 550 million of a population in the whole of the EU, thats about ten times that of the UK, so claiming the uk gets 3000 and the EU 10,000 does not add up. Average for one or the other has to be completely different, and as there has only been a small number of blood clotting cases reported over the last X amount of time, thats a truer figure.
    so all in al it suggests the figures are nonsense.

sc-xc

2nd AZ yesterday at 15:50.was apprehensive as I felt a bit bad 12h after jab 1 (for 24 hours). No effects this time, gym this morning at 4:45 and a productive day at work.

MrOvershoot

Should I be worried that Jab 1 of the AZ on March 1st and Jab 2 May 3rd I felt better after them than I had earlier in the day and would not be able to tell where the injection even was despite watching it?
    I did jokingly say to the practice nurse who did both, “are you sure you didn’t give me a vitamin injection?”

bigblackshed

I had my 1st AZ on 20th March. Jittery arm for a couple of hours. Next day had what I describe as a head full of cotton wool, just like a head cold starting. This had disappeared by the following day.

Was due my 2nd jab on 20th May. My Wife phoned me at work that morning saying she’d tested positive for Covid on a lateral flow test, well 2 just to make sure. Follow PCR test also positive. So into isolation we all went. I tested positive on the 22nd.

I felt rough overnight on 24th / 25th. Fever and shivering that lasted about 6 hours, then a very slight tickling cough. Full head cold within 24 hours. 7 days later the cough has gone, I’ve just got a bunged up nose and blocked sinuses.

I checked on the NHS website and it confirmed I should wait 4 weeks until my 2nd dose of vaccine. GP surgery phoned today to rebook The Wife and I for 2nd jabs, they are happy to do it next week.

I’m slightly apprehensive, I don’t fancy another round of mild Covid like symptoms.

Sandwich

Second Astra Zeneca jab yesterday evening. Some injection pain and an odd feeling in my neck on the side the injection was. Also I’m totally knackered after my commute today (2 x 20km rides) following on from a rest day, drove to work to avoid the need for a time-trial home.

zippykona

Me and Mrs Zip had absolutely no reaction to both our jabs. We did absolutely nothing after our jabs.
    It must have helped as I can’t believe that both of us got off scot free.

Sandwich

So where are they then ?.
    Vaccine has been rolled out several months now and there have only been a few cases of blood clots, which is at complete odds to this data you have supplied claiming normally there are shed loads of blood clot cases.

You might want to re-read the statement. Normally there are 3000 cases of blood clots was stated, these are clots not due to the vaccine. The vaccine risk appears to be less than 5 in a million.

dyna-ti

these are clots not due to the vaccine

Yes, but what Im saying is how do they know that ?.

Blood clots dont have a label on them saying Covid or something else, they are simply blood clots
    ” Between 9 December 2020 and 5 May 2021, there have been over 260 cases of VITT ”
    So explain how you correlate that data 😕

Plus the figures quoted say the whole of the EU is 10,000, the EU having ten times the population of the UK. So the UK having a third less says blood clots in the UK are significantly higher than for all of the EU.

jimmy748

I had my 2nd AZ jab on Tuesday, 8 hours after the first jab, I was in bed, shivering and sweating and had an awful night, absolutely no side effects after the 2nd one, and did a 20 mile ride that night, legs felt a bit tired, but that was probably down to the 4,500 ft of climbing in Wales the day before. Age 43 & 1/4.

MoreCashThanDash

Yes, but what Im saying is how do they know that ?.

Well, presumably we know how many clots are found normally pre vaccine, and we know how many we are finding now post vaccine, so they go from that?

footflaps

My 2nd AZ was much better than the 1st one. 1st one gave me a bruised arm for several days, 2nd one was just bruised for a day.

footflaps

Well, presumably we know how many clots are found normally pre vaccine, and we know how many we are finding now post vaccine, so they go from that?

Pesky epidemiologists using hard data and stastics to analyse deseases….

Sandwich

Well, presumably we know how many clots are found normally pre vaccine,

Coming here with your data and facts.

Sometimes we’re all bit wrapped up in the pandemic data and forget that data from before “the plague time” still applies.

Viewing 40 posts - 681 through 720 (of 822 total)

The topic ‘COVID vaccination side effects. What were yours?’ is closed to new replies.