Viewing 40 posts - 681 through 720 (of 964 total)
  • Corpulent Collective 2018
  • docgeoffyjones

seems like discrimination – be an equal opportunity oggler

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Saturday is rest day, hence slow.   Gym three times this week including breaking both my squat and ogling record (Wednesday was a real highlight 😲), xc skiing three times (and another tomorrow) plus cycle commuting 4 days a week. I had a protein bar instead of a a cinnamon bun with my afternoon coffee (with no milk) . . Christ did I want an extra piece of toast though.

Jamie
    Free Member

RobHilton
    Free Member

Not that kind!!

But I do – I *really* do!! When Vebruray is done with I’m gonna nom some snossages like I haven’t eaten mammal-flesh for 2 months.

Jamie
    Free Member

This is a safe space for husky gents, Rob.

No judgement here.

Jamie
    Free Member

It’s that time again 🐖

sharkbait
    Free Member

I’ve managed a drop of .6kg this week which is amazing considering that last Friday night i was out on a big one and then at Twickenham on Saturday with associated big meal and wine/beer.
    Hopefully next week will be easier but I suspect I’ll not drop much at all.
    Still no exercise due to work though so hopefully when I start running again the drop will resume.
    I’m hoping I can hit my end of march target (85kg, so another 1.6kg to go) and am thinking ahead to maybe a figure of 82 by June. I’ve not been that weight in 30 years!
    Still doing this by just cutting out bread, pasta, rice and potatoes.

Jamie
    Free Member

I lost a lb, so back heading in the right direction. I mentioned it before but despite being the lightest I’ve ever been, still got a gut. Assume it’s because I have no leg muscles (quads/flutes) anymore.

*shakes fist at catalogue of left leg injuries*

rhinofive

in case anyone needed it confirming; a birthday, only a short ride before mech-snap brought it to an end as exercise for the week and half term spent in Belgium (fries, mayo, beer, waffles etc) does not make for weight loss

grenosteve
    Free Member

Another pants week!  Down 0.3 kg, which considering I’ve worked hard to not have a sweet binge at all, and hit or exceeded my calorie targets all week, is disappointing.

Hopefully If I keep it up through the weekend and next week, I’ll start seeing some proper weight loss again.

IHN

I think it’s fair to say that my efforts have been inconsistent, not helped by illness and awful weather preventing much exercise. Must do better.

theotherjonv

1lb off here, happy enough, especially as the tale of the tape is telling a different story; another hole in on the belt, my 34″ trousers are now comfortably loose, and I can actually see a bit of definition on my quads, as opposed to them just being big.  If only the belly and moobs weren’t last to go……

Was also at bootcamp last night, been doing that for around 6mo now and the progression is amazing. I still compare myself to the 20-somethings and wonder why I can’t do what they do but from my Wiggins/Biggins hybrid physique of last year, I’m very pleased.  Genuinely I couldn’t do a burpee when i started – strength and flexibility so bad…. last night I did 100 (not in one go, I add) and I’m still walking this morning.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Genuinely I couldn’t do a burpee when i started – strength and flexibility so bad…. last night I did 100 (not in one go, I add) and I’m still walking this morning.

Excellent stuff JV!

Somehow I put on a pound last week and lost 3 this week – I reckon my scales are having a laugh with me… Who put them up to it?? I bet it was that no-good Jamie character – apparently he selects his left-leg injuries from a catalogue??? Muy bizarro!

dirkpitt74

I’ve plateaued for the first time this week.

Not had a huge amount of exercise this week and have also been pretty close to my calorie intake most days so not entirely unexpected (not sure the valentines curry & beers helped lol).

Still ahead of where I want to be for this stretch though so hopefully be  bit more disciplined next week and shift a bit more.

Tiger6791

🙁

However, more than 50% to target so tracking well and feeling better…..c’,mon!

docgeoffyjones

@rob hilton welcome into the special area. Please try not to oggle

RobHilton
    Free Member

I’ll try to maintain eye-contact at all times.

<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>And keep my hands where you can see them :).</span>

welshfarmer

Red letter day today. I was below my initial target weight for the first time in 4 years. (however, I had already revised my target to another 3 kilos lower so not really there yet). Plus, and this is the biggy…… I did up my belt after a ride today and could have done with a new notch. If I keep going like this I think I am going to need a new set of clothes!

munrobiker
    Free Member

Two belt notches down from where I started in October, three in my chinos. Really pleased with myself but there’s still some belly fat to go.

I’ve decided to have a week off the diet this week and just go for moderate consumption as I’m working away, living with my mum and dad half the week and at a stag do at the weekend. Provided I stay the same weight that I came in at last Friday I’ll be happy. And it’ll show I can maintain the weight loss.

Sandwich

My knee is currently knackered (from Yoga no less) and I’m unable to walk, run or ride comfortably. Oh well weight gain this and next week then!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Right, I’ve come out of retirement.  I had 6 days off for valentines, big football match , birthday weekend etc. I felt rough last night from all the eating and drinking so I am returning to the fatty/ non fatty brotherhood.

I’m interested in what peoples  plans are when they finish?  I have really noticed the tiredness and general sluggishness from eating too much this past week, and I have had a slight hangover for the first time since January, which I hated.    However it was nice to not be snappy and irritable from being hungry….!

grenosteve
    Free Member

Probably best to look at it as never finishing…

We went out on Friday for our anniversary, we drank and ate way too much, and there was a noisy wedding on at the hotel so we didn’t get much sleep at all.  Altogether it made me feel crap and tired all weekend – spent it all sat playing video games or sleeping instead of riding!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

ok, perhaps to rephrase it, what changes will you make? For me:

I for one will limit drinking to special occasions. Christmas, birthdays etc. Having a couple of beers on a Friday night at home doesn’t do anything for me anymore.

Eat smaller portions. It has amazed me what constitutes a  decent portion of say brown rice, that doesn’t contain loads of calories and actually does fill you up. I used to eat twice as much, for no reason other than that what I thought was ‘required’

sugar makes me feel rough

ditto red meat.

its ok to be hungry, you don’t need to be ‘not hungry’ all the time. in fact it makes eating meals more satisfying.

perhaps a little early for a summary but it’s good to motivate myself again!

Tiger6791

Full on 3 week plateau at moment

4 weeks of rapid loss

3 weeks of nothing

RobHilton
    Free Member

Change your diet, change your exercise routine; shock your body a bit to re-kickstart things.

This works for me

scaled
    Free Member

Horrible plateau here as well, i’m going in the wrong direction every weekend then clawing it back just in time for a 200-300g difference on a Friday morning.

It’s really frustrating but i know at the end of the day it’s all my fault, couple of takeaways and my first hangover of 2018 in one weekend alone 😐

On the positive side I saw my first FTP increase this year on Zwift. Part of the problem is trying to balance zwift racing with calorie deficit, I’d like to ‘diet’ today but there’s a 10pm CVR race that i’m planning on winning so need to fuel up 😉

tootallpaul

Is it too late to join the corpulent clan?

RobHilton
    Free Member

Never! Just pop me an email

matt_outandabout

I don’t do scales – muscle weighs more than fat etc, and I prefer just to go on my tone/trim, how I feel etc.

What I can say is that for first time in about 7 years my jeans are loose on me this week. 8)

RobHilton
    Free Member

Maybe you bought the worng size? 😁 😁

Jamie
    Free Member

I bought a nutribullet last week, and honestly it’s fantastic. Drinking most my veg now 🤓

RobHilton
    Free Member

Chewing burns calories!

Been tempted to make a meatshake yet?

matt_outandabout

Maybe you bought the wrong size?

Damn right – they were 34″ when I bought them last year, I am heading back to 32″. 8)

Jamie
    Free Member

Been tempted to make a meatshake yet?

Not yet….I was experimenting last night. I wouldn’t recommend the brown one.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Now who’s discriminating!!??

Did you drink them all? You could give some sound advice on the squiffy-bum vegan thread :).

matt_outandabout

Were you the guy thrown off the plane for the putrid farts…? If not, I do not suggest a flight any time soon… *parp*

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

one of those is just a jar of Branston pickle , admit it

Jamie
    Free Member

one of those is just a jar of Branston pickle , admit it

No, but one may have cheese in.

dirkpitt74

Anyone find they’re loosing weight in odd places?

Definitely lost from my waist as dropped a trouser size, but more noticeable from my face, wrists/arms & legs.

Would be nice if it all came off the belly!!

Jamie
    Free Member

Belly last place to go it seems. I’m in this odd position of looking slim-ish when standing up, but flabby when sitting down.

View post on imgur.com

Viewing 40 posts - 681 through 720 (of 964 total)

The topic ‘Corpulent Collective 2018’ is closed to new replies.