Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 964 total)
  • Corpulent Collective 2018
  • FB-ATB

How is everyone setting their target?

I’m 5’8″ in Jonv’s old money and last year I set my target to be a kg or two under a BMI of fat starting off the year close to obese.

It was a bit disappointing to see someone in the old thread who was a similar height and their starting weight was around my target, hence they weren’t “fat” according to BMI.

yiman
    Free Member

I’m in. Should really have done it last year. Hopefully it will inspire me to ride more and consume less!

threerock44
    Free Member

I’d like to give this a go. Gone from fell running triathlon type to 13st 5lb for 5ft 8. E-mail on the way.

dirkpitt74

Email sent – need some additional motivation.

perditus
    Free Member

email sent (James)

jonnyboi

Weighed myself this morning …. hope it’s muscle I’ve put on over Christmas

harrytoo
    Free Member

A years worth of hard work undone in a month……

E-mail sent!

RobHilton
    Free Member

We’ve got about 70 entrants so far.

This is everyone I have an email address for, for the few who didn’t provide their STW username then please email me with it and I’ll update:

Aazlad
    Atlaz
    barkm
    Brainflex
    Breninbeener
    Burko73
    Burnbob
    Chris Osborne
    craig_w
    Dannybgoode
    dirkpitt74
    Docgeoffyjones
    Doomanic
    fatoldgit
    FB-ATB
    Garry_Lager
    Gerti
    grenosteve
    grum
    Harry Too
    headfirst
    Hockropper
    hot_fiat
    Howsyourdad1
    Ian Wilson
    IHN
    James Anderson
    Jamie
    Johnikgriff
    Jonnyboi
    kato
    konanige
    L45key
    Laurence Doddy
    lucasshmucas
    Luke Diamand
    Mandog
    Marc Gear
    Matt_Bl
    midlife crashes
    Monde
    Morph
    mulacs
    Ogden
    qtip
    Richwales
    Riofer
    Rocco
    Roger_mellie
    Sandwich
    Sanername
    SaxonRider
    Schrickvr6
    Sharkbait
    Shooterman
    simon_g
    simono5
    theotherjonv
    thv3
    Tiger6791
    Ton
    Torminalis
    Twonks
    Vic Walsh
    Wally
    Wookster
    Yiman

Anyone else who wants in send me an email. And provide your username :).

RobHilton
    Free Member

These 2 miscreants need to send me an email address:

tagnut69
    Explosif83

fatoldgit

FB-ATB – Member
    How is everyone setting their target

I’ve qualified for ‘Clydesdale ‘ class racing for years ( not that I actually compete ) so my target will initially to escape that class … if I recall correctly you needed to be over 14st so that’s my starting target

Now you can see where my name comes from

tops5
    Free Member

Email sent – managed to shift a fair bit this year but it’s been creeping back

tagnut69
    Free Member

Im in email sent

firestarter
    Free Member

Just sent another email as I don’t appear to be on the list

RobHilton
    Free Member

firestarter – Member – Block User – Quote
    Just sent another email as I don’t appear to be on the list

You should have been – wonder why you weren’t?? I’ve obviously got things confused somewhere.

firestarter
    Free Member

You were scared of my utter dominance of weight 🙂 haha

wiggles
    Free Member

I’m in, started last year but my life sort of fell apart so lost track and ended up waaaay to heavy.

5’8″ and tipped the scales at 18st not long ago, think I have dropped a few pounds but need to put a big effort to get it down to something reasonable got to be around as long as possible now my kids are totally reliant on me

SamB
    Free Member

I’m in! Got down to 77kg in the summer pre-IM but it all went wrong and I’m back up to 82kg. Need to get back down again!

dirkpitt74

So are we doing weigh-in’s in metric or imperial?

How is everyone setting there goals?

I find doing it by BMI can be a bit misleading – according to BMI I’m normal, but at 5’10, slim build and pushing 13st I’m over weight…..

yiman
    Free Member

I’m doing my goal based on the weight I last remember feeling/looking in shape. I somehow dropped a few pounds on a skiing holiday a few years ago despite apres-ski beer every night.

This is approximately 1.5 stones below where I am now.

fluxhutchinson
    Free Member

Email sent want to go from 14st to 12st hopefully 😀

whatgoesup

I’m in – email sent.

6’1 and 15 stone so a good couple to lose at a first guess

duncancallum

I’m in 5 ft 8

Just under 15 stone

Was 12 12 this time last year.

Surprisingly not much slower but currently sleeping in the spare room cos I snore like a hippo

dirkpitt74

I want to get back to around 10.5 stone if I can.
    Need to get some decent scales now!!

alpin
    Free Member

I’m in..

Was doing OK until mum went into hospital in April. Hours sitting beside her bed, lots of quick and easy meals, comfort/self-medication beers in the evenings and a massive lack of riding.

My job is physical, but I’ve hardly worked this year.

I seem to have traded upper body muscle for a podgy belly. 😥

5’7″ and 77kg. Would like to get back down to where I was at the end of 2015 at around 73kg.

atlaz
    Free Member

I’m just over 6 foot and weigh, today, 80.5kg. Ideally I’ll get down to 75kg. I’d be happy enough with that. Last Fat Club I dropped 6kg

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I am like you atlas. I am 185cm , started losing weight in november last year and got it down to 75kg from 80kg. Gone up a kilo over christmas but I want to get down to around 72 kg I think.

To quote Alan Partridge

“I’ve got a fat back… It’s fairly well concealed in casual clothing but you don’t want to see me in my underpants”

IHN

I’m just over 6 foot and weigh, today, 80.5kg. Ideally I’ll get down to 75kg. I’d be happy enough with that. Last Fat Club I dropped 6kg

I am like you atlas. I am 185cm , started losing weight in november last year and got it down to 75kg from 80kg. Gone up a kilo over christmas but I want to get down to around 72 kg I think.

75kg? 72kg? I’m 185cm and will happily get down to 82kg from about 85. At 82 I’m happy I’m pretty slim, you two must be some lanky streaks of pi$$ 🙂

momo

Emailed,

4 years ago I managed to shift 4 stone to get down to 15 2, buying a house which needed a lot of work limited my time to get out riding so that crept back up to 16. My daughters arrival in January last year completely took out my time to ride and with it my motivation to eat well – we were living in survival mode for a good few months and just snacking or eating junky meals late at night. Stepping on the scales this morning showed 17 2 so my target is to get back to 15 2 (at least as a start, mentally I know it’s a target that I can achieve!)

gribble
    Free Member

Hi,

Emailed again as my name is not on the list. Might have got into your junk mail.

Gribble

prawny

I’m in, even my buffet trousers are snug this morning.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

75kg? 72kg? I’m 185cm and will happily get down to 82kg from about 85. At 82 I’m happy I’m pretty slim, you two must be some lanky streaks of pi$$

ha well when I was 81kg I thought it was cause of all the gym work/ weights. Really it was cause I liked beer and peanuts at the weekends and rhubarb crumble with ice cream for pudding.

No pudding ! Especially if I want to be optimum cycle fit for the spring

dannybgoode

As for my target. 188cm and currently around 101kg (need to dig the scales out to be sure).

Initial target is to get to and stay below 94kg, end of year if I can get till 90kg I’ll be get happy, stretch target is 85kg.

jonnyboi

176cm and 80kg here, target is 75kg

atlaz
    Free Member

No pudding ! Especially if I want to be optimum cycle fit for the spring

I’ve got a fairly hard January with no (well, minimal) booze and a mostly veggie diet (to break bad habits more than anything). But I’m off to the Alps in June to ride some big passes and the idea of lugging more over the Galibier and Bonette than I need to is a bad one so I would like to get fitter and lighter to get over them in a good state.

grenosteve
    Free Member

After a pretty poor show over the last few months, I’m up for the challenge now, so I’ll be in if you’ll have me Rob. Need to repeat my success from last January and hit 90kg!

Will email you in a bit.

Cheers.

welshfarmer

Email sent, hopefully still time to be added to the list. Motivation is definitely needed here to shift 5 kgs.

Bring it on

jonnyboi

how do you lot track calories?

I downloaded the nutracheck app but you have to sign up to a paid service if you add more than 5 ‘things’ a day.

scaled
    Free Member

jonnyboi – myfitnesspal is pretty much the default answer, it’s got a load of stuff pre programmed into it. Only issue i’ve found with it is that it massive over estimates how many calories i’ve ‘earned’ from exercise.

atlaz
    Free Member

I tend to use Garmin feeding into MFP for exercise. I’d guess it’s still not accurate but it’s better than MFP

brassneck

174cm 90Kg and no idea where it’s come from.

Barely drink, veggie, and don’t even like cheese ffs.

Time to done the sackcloth and ashes, but I’ll probably eat them.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 964 total)

The topic ‘Corpulent Collective 2018’ is closed to new replies.