Viewing 40 posts - 641 through 680 (of 964 total)
  • Corpulent Collective 2018
  • munrobiker
    Free Member

Only 1lb here but this is the first week I’ve been defaulting to the 4th hole on my belt- I was on the 2nd when I started in October. Really pleased with it, my face is starting to look thinner too.

welshfarmer

I’m not sure if my wife is taking the piss 🙂 She is finding increasingly bizarre ways to replace the bread in my diet. This morning’s breakfast offering was scrabbled eggs with lardons and beans…. on cabbage!!! Was actually very nice.

I was a bit apprehensive today as I had been on a road trip yesterday and lunch consisted mainly of a large Melto Mowbray pork pie (1000 calories on its’ own!). Seems the beasting I gave myself on Zwift last night did the trick though.

Still going the right way. Keep at it everyone.

wiggles
    Free Member

1.2kg lost for this week, 46% of my target achieved is still heading in the right direction

dirkpitt74

Dropped enough to get back into my 32″ waist trousers!

Almost 3kg’s gone so far.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I’ve contacted Myfitness pal to add an exercise called ” fitting bastard tight tubeless tyres” to their options for training and exercises.

1000 calories per minute by my estimate. Should see me right for tomorrow

Jamie
    Free Member

….aaaand we’ve hit the first plateaux.

No change this week. Although, the last 5-10lbs are supposed to be the hardest.

Tiger6791

After a plateau last week another 1kg off this week

Stone and a half gone so far this year 🙂

scaled
    Free Member

I’ve come off the wagon a bit this week, what with the 6 nations kicking off and reigniting my love for beer and a few working lunches in ‘meeting room 3*’

I am completely astounded how immediately and directly the input/output is applied to my weight though. if i go crazy with the food then beast myself on the turbo i’m breaking even every time. Whilst it’s good for rewards it has me realising that I probably need to make some long term lifestyle changes (tweaks?), rather than just shock myself down to my target weight and then start creeping back up again, albeit slowly.

*the pub

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I’ve reached my target  of 72kg and I’m well pleased.  I’ve lost 8.2kg from when I started with you lot before Christmas. I’m going to keep going until Valentines day when I’m going to have white rice and a glass of beer for the first time in a long long time. lucky girl my wife is… 🙂

Then I’m going to the football on Thursday, so will have a pie and a pint (well the Swedish equivalent, some sort of oily fish and hard liquor)

Learnt a lot but thing i’ll take most is portion size, and basically I’m never going to eat sausages again.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Down 1kg this morning…. not sure how real todays (or last weeks) measurements are but they’re on the same scales at the same time of day so I’m taking it!!

Won’t quite make it to my target but I’ll continue on the next edition and I may even do some exercise!!

marcgear
    Free Member

900g this week, that’s 2lb.  Loss is slower now that I’ve started weight training, but adding some HIIT next week should help keep up the momentum.  Still not been out on the bike… that would probably help. Had steak for breakfast this morning.  Long may this continue 😋🥩

grenosteve
    Free Member

First week that I feel like I’ve really tried this year, and dropped a kg.  Happy with that!    Last week was a bit of a cheeky dehydrated weigh in, so it’s been better than the spread sheet shows.

Hopefully can get near or past my goal if I continue what I’ve done this week.

theotherjonv

1lb off this week. Happy enough.

lucasshmucas

I’ve gained a bit of weight this week but I put that down to the fact that I’ve started adding salt to my food again after a long time off – I understand that excess salt increases water retention.  Although it’s never great seeing the scales go up other signs are good – I went to do up my belt today and found that I’d run out of holes.  Will moderate my salt consumption this week and see if that makes a difference next week.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

yes chips and pork pies do indeed have a lot of salt  🙂

hockropper

It’s been a disaster for me this week, I’ve been taking antibiotics for a chest infection and this has given me a voracious appetite and I’ve put on 2kg.

Will have to try harder to stop the slide, but feeling more energetic as the chest infection seems to have been cleared.

RobHilton
    Free Member

<div class=”bbp-reply-author” style=”margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border-width: 0px 0px 1px; border-image: initial; outline: 0px; font-size: 12px; vertical-align: baseline; background: #eeeeee; display: flex; justify-content: flex-start; float: none; text-align: center; width: unset; color: #444444; font-family: ‘Helvetica Neue’, Helvetica, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; border-color: initial initial #cccccc initial; border-style: initial initial dotted initial;”>howsyourdad1
    <div class=”bbp-author-role” style=”margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 11px; vertical-align: baseline; background: transparent; display: flex; justify-content: flex-start; font-style: italic; float: none; width: unset; flex: 0 1 auto;”>
    <div class=”” style=”margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; background: transparent;”>Subscriber</div>
    </div>
    </div>
    <div class=”bbp-reply-content” style=”margin: 0px; padding: 4px 12px 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 12px; vertical-align: baseline; background: #eeeeee; color: #444444; font-family: ‘Helvetica Neue’, Helvetica, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;”>
    <p style=”margin: 1rem 0px !important; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: unset; vertical-align: baseline; background: transparent; line-height: 1.2em;”>I’ve reached my target  of 72kg and I’m well pleased</p>

</div>

Nice one! Less impressed that you used a comma instead of a full stop in one of your measurements & partially nobbled the dashboard 😛

I, myself, in order to be as Jamie as possible have also lost no weight this week – indeed in order to be more Jamie than the plateauing Jamie I’ve gone and put weight on!!! ****! I let the diet slip a bit and see what happens??!?! Back to starvation for me…

Starting tomorrow :).

RobHilton
    Free Member

Worst forum ever :/

Jamie
    Free Member

I think the forum is great.

The aim is to put people of posting right?

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Apologies Rob, standard Swedish keyboard uses , instead of .  for decimal      !

docgeoffyjones

I am at target, do i get a sticker?

wiggles
    Free Member

I gained slightly this week 🙁

Had tonsillitis and hardly been able to eat so not sure how but oh well

PhilO
    Free Member

Slight increase here, too. But having said that, I usually check before breakfast, and the increase was about the weight of the breakfast that I’d just eaten, so I’m sanguine about it – especially as I’ve had a week of poor self-control. :-/

dannybgoode

1kg up but given I’ve been really battling the depression the last couple of weeks coupled with the stress of a dying Mil and the anniversaries of both my mum’s and my dad’s deaths and given that I’ve coped by eating and drinking I’m pretty pleased with that to be honest.

Now I’m getting into Zwift I’m hoping to get back on track.

RobHilton
    Free Member

<div class=”bbp-reply-author” style=”margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border-width: 0px 0px 1px; border-image: initial; outline: 0px; font-size: 12px; vertical-align: baseline; background: #eeeeee; display: flex; justify-content: flex-start; float: none; text-align: center; width: unset; color: #444444; font-family: ‘Helvetica Neue’, Helvetica, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; border-color: initial initial #cccccc initial; border-style: initial initial dotted initial;”>docgeoffyjones
    <div class=”bbp-author-role” style=”margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 11px; vertical-align: baseline; background: transparent; display: flex; justify-content: flex-start; font-style: italic; float: none; width: unset; flex: 0 1 auto;”>
    <div class=”” style=”margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; background: transparent;”>Member</div>
    </div>
    </div>
    <div class=”bbp-reply-content” style=”margin: 0px; padding: 4px 12px 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 12px; vertical-align: baseline; background: #eeeeee; color: #444444; font-family: ‘Helvetica Neue’, Helvetica, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;”>
    <p style=”margin: 1rem 0px !important; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: unset; vertical-align: baseline; background: transparent; line-height: 1.2em;”>I am at target, do i get a sticker?</p>

</div>
    Even better than that – you get a cat meme

RobHilton
    Free Member

This **** forum! AAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It’s good to vent :).Anyway…

docgeoffyjones not only hit target, but is also the top of the top 10 losers this week. Previously that chart was fed from the most recent data input, so wasn’t actually “this weeks” figures if people hadn’t updated this week. It’s a bit of a roundabout calculation, but I think it’s accurate – time will tell…
    <div class=”bbp-author-role” style=”margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 11px; vertical-align: baseline; background: #eeeeee; display: flex; justify-content: flex-start; font-style: italic; float: none; width: unset; flex: 0 1 auto; color: #444444; font-family: ‘Helvetica Neue’, Helvetica, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; text-align: center;”></div>

RobHilton
    Free Member

Am now thinking of hiving off anyone >100% into a skinny-winners enclosure so they can have their own little club and be all self-congratulatory with each other. I think this might give others a bit of encouragement as they can now get on the leaderboard, until they too achieve immortality and go to carousel.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Don’t the people who finish early have to go back to the beginning and start again?

Tiger6791

Surely the answer is Lipo-giving 😳

gerti
    Free Member

Back to where I started. Ho hum. Tbf, I hadn’t lost very much, so it wasn’t that hard, but still.

I’m using the following excuses:

1. 60 hour week at work.

2. Morbid fear of cycling on ice after faling off 3 years ago.

3. Recent lack of cycle commuting (see above)

rocco

So I’ve been avoiding this thread, and thus updating the spreadsheet, as I have had a couple of bad weeks with work stress, home stress, a 2 year old and generally feeling like crap. This has resulted in eating more and eating the wrong stuff.

However, I have made a conscious effort this past week and now feel better. I’ve started running again which is helping ease the stress and I’m starting to see the results on the scales.

So I’m officially starting again and determined to lose the excess, did well last year as was marathon training, so maybe that’s the answer…

firestarter
    Free Member

I found my old figures from last year in my locker,  my goal was 14.7 to an unthinkable at the time 12.7 but now I’m at 11.6 and very pleased 🙂

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I find working longer hours makes it easier tbh. no food at work, takes my mind off things. its Saturday at home with the kids where the danger is!

Jamie
    Free Member

I agree with the Swedish Meatball. If I am busy I don’t think about food. Slow Saturday, and…well….it’s been carnage.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Jamie I think that’s the nicest thing you’ve ever called me 🌈🤗🌈

RobHilton
    Free Member

Well, don’t have a slow Saturday, then :). I’ve been in the gym for 3.5 hours and now I’ll be building up a bike in preparation for riding tomorrow.

Over exercising & starvation FTW!!

Jamie
    Free Member

I’ve been in the gym for 3.5 hours

They got a cafe? 🤔

…but seriously, what on earth would one do in a gym for 3.5hrs?

RobHilton
    Free Member

They ain’t even got running water 😁

Or heating!!

It’s actually a martial arts school and there’s *plenty* to work on and keep one entertained. I would have done more, but I’ve got a touch of the man-flu, so didn’t want to push myself too hard.

docgeoffyjones

<span style=”color: #444444; font-size: 12px; background-color: #eeeeee;”>…but seriously, what on earth would one do in a gym for 3.5hrs?</span>

oggle?

RobHilton
    Free Member

oggle?

Not in this place – it’s a total sausage-fest :/

Viewing 40 posts - 641 through 680 (of 964 total)

The topic ‘Corpulent Collective 2018’ is closed to new replies.