Viewing 24 posts - 241 through 264 (of 264 total)
  • Chubbly Clubbly 2019
  • joshvegas
    Free Member

I shall weight myself in the morning.

Then shame myself on here.

Think i dropped from an A to an AA though.

toby1

I shall weight myself in the morning.

Then shame myself on here.

There’ll be none of that shame park here mate! People weigh what they weigh, some people eat what they like and don’t get heavier others do.

Have to admit I’ve got bored with tracking what I eat every day, but I am way more conscious of how much crap I used to eat, and more able to avoid at least some of that. My beer consumption has ramped back up a bit in the last couple of weeks and my weight loss has stalled though, weird that!

roger_mellie

Poached eggs at the mid ride cafe stop yesterday instead of a sausage sandwich, felt very smug with myself. Till I realised eggs aren’t as low fat as I thought 😀

Sun is shining where I am today, so going to get another cheeky ride in.

handybar
    Free Member

First entry on this thread… I am the heaviest I’ve ever been. Probably three stone overweight now.
    Awaiting knee surgery, but in the interim I’m in too much pain to do anything physical. Now walking around with a stick and getting the bus with the old grannies. I’ve gone from a fit mountain biker to an old man in the space of five years.
    To compound things I’ve been using beer to self-medicate the pain when I have to walk somewhere, as well as just to get a break from the nagging aches.
    Anyway, enough feeling sorry for myself!
    Any diets that have worked for you guys – please let me know.
    I have to give up beer, that much I know.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Well, this died a death…

The Worng Troosers got in touch yesterday to plead with me to re-start this charade as he woke up and suddenly realised he’s become a portly-pumpkin.

I think this isn’t a bad idea – mostly cos I too have fallen pretty hard from the chubbly wagon and am now doing a pretty good impression of a fat bastard.

I’ll send an email to anyone who was in this year inviting you to join in the misery of self-reflection and celery-munching; any one who doesn’t get one and wants in – send me an email and I’ll send you a link to where the thingy lives and, if you’re really lucky, some instructions.

HERE’S TO OUR FUTURE SELVES!!

Tiger6791

Back on it like Barry White on a dented car bonnet

RobHilton
    Free Member

The Tiger of luuurve!

andybrad

ahhh bollocks. since it dies a death ive got fat (+5kg now) and slower on the bike.

Im in.

roger_mellie

[puts down biscuit tin and gets an apple instead]

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve missed skimming past Robs e-mails and thinking “I’ll try harder next week”.

pondo

I’m in*! 🙂

* ish. Silverstone this weekend, Sardinia for a fortnight the week after, Wales the weekend after that… Need to shift some pounds – committed to riding up Ventoux in September, I think it’ll be more push than pedal. 🙁

Dickyboy

Really got to fit in my new suit for sons wedding in 4wks time, so I’m in 😃

RobHilton
    Free Member

I need email addresses for:
    Jamesy01
    Snotrag
    Toby 1
    Brainflex
    cubist

Which I do have, but I can’t link them to their usernames 🙂

Otherwise, a good start – only these miscreants haven’t filed out their starting weights:
    The Wrong Trousers
    Muggomagic

They shall be hearing from me…

rhinofive

my and all my chins are in

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I’m going on me hols on Friday so not great timing but I’m in.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Hello team

Things are going good for me.
    Ended up getting a trainer at the gym, do sessions 3 times a month. He helped me do various free weights and things I didn’t know about and also to work round injuries (rotator cuff tear in shoulder and severe chronic ligament damage in my knee)

Have lost weight and am lifting more weights than before, so I guess I’m getting more muscly. I didn’t do before pics or anything and kind of hard to tell. I feel like I look more trim and my clothes are definitely looser!

Interestingly, I have not had to take my painkillers for my knee for the last 6 weeks or so. I guess the weight loss and the strengthening exercises have helped.
    So that is excellent – had been on them for > 10 years!

Was feeling a bit shitty – sick and depressed…. couldn’t work it out until I released I had stopped taking opiates after 10 solid years. Yeah, that’ll mess with your chemistry!

Only issue now is that as I’ve focused on gym work my endurance and cardio is down. Need to get back to doing classes and more bike rides!

toby1

Email sent now Rob 🙂

For motivation not bragging …
    I’m 16kg down this year, I’m shopping in large and medium sized clothes as opposed to XL. I’ve been setting better and better Parkrun times all year, I’m flying on my bike commute. I still love cake and beer but I try to eat a bit less of it these days. I’ve dropped a bit on my deadlift but improved my form, so while I may be a bit weaker I’m still lifting plenty.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Nice work YGH & toby1

Email sent – get yo updates in.
    The scores on doors aint scores on the doors when there aint no scores.

tommyhine

i need to get back involved in this. only down strength stuff recently and got big but a power belly has appeared (did get to 145kg on the bench and 240kg on the squat though)
    email send and looking forward to getting back on it, if only so my road bike wheels don’t cry when i ride it!

toby1

did get to 145kg on the bench and 240kg on the squat though

Wow, that’s pretty heavy, what was your bodyweight (should really just check on spreadsheet)?

RobHilton
    Free Member

Wow, that’s pretty heavy, what was your bodyweight (should really just check on spreadsheet)?

You could, if only he’d input it 🙂

Tiger6791

Caught up…. holds head in fatty shame 🙁

andybrad

caught up, apologies

no weight lost 🙁

RobHilton
    Free Member

Uuuuuuuuuupppppppddddddaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaattteeessssssssss….

I lost 0.4lb this week – go me!!

Curry tonight to celebrate 🤗🤗

Viewing 24 posts - 241 through 264 (of 264 total)

The topic ‘Chubbly Clubbly 2019’ is closed to new replies.