Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 264 total)
  • Chubbly Clubbly 2019
  • toby1

but I blame it on having young children.

I’d imagine that makes the planning and having time to prepare healthy food harder. Unless the kids have driven you to drink, which I totally understand!

RobHilton
    Free Member

There are charts coming people, you all know what charts need … Data, get your stats in folks!

Good man! I like your enthusiasm 🙂

jonnyrobertson

84.0 on today’s weigh in. It’s creeping back on, slowly. No exercise since the flu for various reasons. Eating crap, stressed at home, knackered at work. Not a good combination.

roger_mellie

Low or no exercise is the killer for me. Thankfully I got a good ride in last weekend which has helped I think with a small loss this week.

I’m planning to take advantage of the mild weather here in the south west and knock off early today for an afternoon ride. Hopefully the mild conditions will continue for us all to take advantage. Roll on Spring!

ton

2lb loss this week. over a stone since the start. good.

roger_mellie

There are charts coming people,

Cheers Rob! Can’t believe how excited I get by a chart 🙂

jonnyrobertson

There ya go, Ton, some good news for you 🙂

toby1

Good work Ton!

Anyone else got entries, I know it’s half term, but you can’t all be off skiing with the kids, can you?

I’m getting to the point where I’m loving the progress (near enough a stone since Christmas), but hating not eating all the stuff I used to think nothing of ramming down. I’m also having to spend more on clothes as a lot of my trousers and shirts are just too big now! Still, the progress is real, weight watchers seems to work well for me as I can eat cake, I just have to point it and be conscious of not doing every day of the week. I’ve also had a cold this week so missed 3 days of bike commute and a gym session and I’m still down!

theotherjonv

stalled somewhat…. back at 200lbs so not really gaining but what with my work situation right now and my tendency to comfort eat when stressed I’ll live with that.

Being unemployed at the start of spring, I might be getting some serious rides in in the near future, so hopefully that’ll get things moving.

RobHilton
    Free Member

AAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!! I’ve been poorly bad and put on a few ounces
    End. Of. The. World.

Probly do some more charts this weekend
    and starve myself 🙂

toby1

So when you say tyres …..

Mine are getting smaller thanks to the motivation of watching numbers reduce in a spreadsheet, whod’a think it’d be that simple.

Thanks for the reminder Rob, weigh in is early evening for me, initial signs (i.e, the WW weigh in is Wednesday) are positive, but this weekend I have a belated birthday meal and drinks with the Sister-in-law and her bloke which will be a bit of a session, so it could all go downhill over the weekend!

toby1

Weekly bump for this thread, anyone have numbers they need to put in, even if they are crap like mine?

My weight that came off over the week for my Wednesday weigh in seems to have come back for the Friday one. Most odd, although similar to last week. The obvious pattern is I’ve not cycled to work on the last 2 Friday’s, but could that really affect my weight by almost a kilo?

jonnyrobertson

85.0 so put a kilo on in the last week. Stupid shifts, a non sleeping toddler, low mood, no exercise and eating like a sugar crazed pig means it’s coming back on. I’m not sure how I’ll break this cycle as eating is just about the most fun I have these days (Oh look, a tiny violin 🎻).

toby1

IT’S FRIDAY!!!!

By the time I get to scales today I’ll have been out to lunch with work, out to dinner with friends and planning to make some baked goods to take to more friends houses for eating and drinking tomorrow, so I am not hopeful of a successful decline.

Mid-week weigh in already displayed a marginal 100g (yep I’m counting in small measures at the moment) drop over the last week, I have been averaging 800g a week before that!

Dilemma is; when leading a normal social life I struggle to lose, when I go back to being an anti-social hermit I plateau/gain. Apparently less of my social life needs to revolve around good food and drink!

toby1

There’s a 15 measures in the spreadsheet for the current week.

Come on people, if you can get to the end of March you can keep it going till Easter then rest of the year will be a breeze!

I have faith in you all.

toby1

Anyone out there still with me? I know it’s tedious, but I’ve broken into the 14 stone domain for the first time in about 12 years this month, only just mind, but given I started close to 17 late last year I’m happy with that, very happy indeed. I do need to buy some new clothes though as lots of stuff no longer fits very well!

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Thought I’d sign in on this.

After a stressful year at uni etc my fitness was down and had put on some weight – about 14 stone at 5′ 11″ and had torn the rotator cuff muscles in one shoulder in an over vigorous bedroom session with the missus… don’t ask. I also have torn ligaments and arthritis in one knee from a motorcycle accident about 10 years ago.

At new year I landed a 2.5 day a week, work from home job. Got a mountain biking weekend away with the guys in the Lakes at the end of April so wanted to get fit/in shape as I wasn’t for last years trip!

So, since week 2 of January I have been averaging around 4 gym classes a week (Circuits, bodypump, intervals etc) and 2 weight lifting sessions. While my weight hasn’t gone down massively (half a stone) I have definitely changed shape – can see a change across shoulders/chest and waist is narrower. Have been taking protein shakes.
    Have a Garmin fitness watch which is good – doing lots of steps most days (up to 25,000 one day!) and doing way more “intensity minutes” compared to what it asks for (~800 a week instead of the 150 it asks for). Generally doing about 1000 kcals “extra” per day (i.e. consuming 3500)

Haven’t done much cycling as just not enjoying the winter this year, though I did do the whole climb at Innerleithen without stopping which I’d never done before. Shame my rear mech died at the top and I had to freewheel home.

Hoping that the gym sessions will help with flexibility and core/explosive strength for mountain biking – generally just done long road rides for exercise for last few years.

Got a month to go to the big trip away so am upping the cycling now – been out on the CX bike a few times and have some trail centre/Pentlands trips penciled in.

toby1

Nice one YGH! Weight isn’t as important as strength/shape, I just had a lot to lose before that became relevant 🙂

theotherjonv

Still going, I seem to hover around the 200lb mark, so 7-8lbs lower than start of the year. Likewise, doing a lot more bootcamp circuit type stuff, so feel a lot stronger, belt is in a notch, shoulders and arms are looking half decent. I do need to do bit more dieting though, everything still has a covering that spoils the effect quite a bit!!

cheers_drive

I’ve had a terrible month if indiscipline not helped by work or family. Now back to my 100kg Christmas weight, eating badly and no exercise

Wally

I have also sinned. Work hours and depression. But on the waggon now. This thread makes me humble.

loum
    Free Member

Still in but not been concentrating on weight recently. Had a half marathon last weekend and I tend to just eat what I want if I’m hungry in the last month out training before, not wanting to lack energy. Weight back to similar to start of year, but fitness better.
    Have another one in six months and it would be nice to go lighter- must be easier and faster- so I’ve got a target now to get a stone lost for four months time.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Word up y’all!

I’ve been incommunicado for a while – nothing to do with Jimmy Sommerville, it turns out, but, possibly, something to do with Fish??

Anyhoo – Fat Fighters 2019 edition 2 is go.

Get on it (:

scotroutes

I’ve been in a similar thread on the Bearbones forum. Weekly weigh-in is a Friday (1st thing am for me). Stats generally heading in the right direction.

01/01 172.2 / 78.11

04/01 170.2 / 77.20

11/01 168.1 / 76.25

18/01 167.0 / 75.75

25/01 166.2 / 75.39

01/02 165.2 / 74.93

08/02 165.2 / 74.93

15/02 165.8 / 75.20

22/02 162.6 / 73.75

28/02 162.0 / 73.48

08/03 162.2 / 73.57

15/03 162.0 / 73.48

22/03 162.6 / 73.75

29/03 161.8 / 73.39

05/04 160.4 / 72.76

Unexpected drop given I’ve done little exercise this week.

My original target of 72kg is almost in sight!

chilled76
    Free Member

Scotroutes… has FTP suffered for it?

scotroutes

File Transfer Protocol? Nope, uploads are as good as ever (though I fail to see the relevance – unless you thought my chair was on the network cable?)

Sorry, I’ve no idea what my FTP is or how I’d know. Am I riding faster, yeah. Less weight to carry up hills I reckon and I’ve been riding more than usual too – partially in an effort to help the weight loss – so generally feeling fitter than I have for a couple of years.

toby1

Don’t worry Rob, I’m sure anyone interested in this is looking for long term benefits, not short term anyway.

I seem to have managed to just about make target over the 3 months, I’m fairly active but always ate and drank what I wanted. I’ve really tried to cut back on beer and cake recently and seen the benefits this year, starting out at near 17 stone and now just being in the high 14s.

I’m not going to lie it’s been hard work, but my face and body look really different and that has kept me going with the healthier food choices. I do have a beer as I’m typing this, but no one’s perfect and it’s free from work, so what’s a guy to do?

Good luck for the next 3 months guys, stay strong in the face of the enemy (cake in my case!)

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Well I started off really well but plateaued over the last couple of months. Lost 6kg since Christmas but only 2kg of that over the past 2 months. Now at 76kg. I must say my resolve for avoiding beer and biscuits has not as strong lately albeit, I’m keeping the exercise up. I guess this time of year is when most struggle after the initial enthusiasm. Anyone got any tips for motivation to keep going?

jonnyrobertson

Finally done my updates. Kinda given up on it all. Shifts and kids mean I have no time for exercise. The only exercise I’d get is if I had a decent enough break at work and I’ve not had many. Last time I did though it was a bloody awful run and wondered what the point of one run every few weeks was. Been caning the junk as well so feeling quite wobbly around my middle. Got a bloody gym set up in the garage and I’m either time short or too knackered to do anything. The hot weather today has at least meant I’ve not wanted to put biscuits, pastry, cake and crisps away like a man on death row having his last meal. Just wish I could find the inspiration for exercise rather than finding excuses.

toby1

@jonny.

I’m lucky in that I have a bike commute to work and a handy gym near the office. But what I’ve found is that the old statement ‘you can’t outrun a bad diet’ is so true. I’ve eaten really differently this year and dropped 12kg, I’m sure the exercise helps but I did that before and just maintained.

I guess with kids and shifts it’s hard to find time, is there any room for preparing food in the week? I tend to do a big batch and just live off that for a while. Something easy to chick in the oven or slow cooker and not too high in fat!

jonnyrobertson

@toby1

I’d like to ride to work myself but I need to cart around a fair bit of kit, plus with the best will in the world riding 12 miles across town to start at 1am and finish after midday (for example) is never gonna happen.

Food wise though, yes, I do make time to take decent stuff to work (generally speaking). It’s all the other crap I take along with it. Some days I feel constantly full because, well, I’m constantly shoving it into me.

Had real impetus today. Had a decent shift, home for 4, got a few small jobs done before dinner and told my partner I’d be hitting the gym after the kids had gone to bed. The pair of them have have nightmare put downs and it’s just sapped the will to do anything else. As I said up there ^ I just don’t see the point. I enjoy exercise, it’s a release but to do it so infrequently just reminds me of what I’m missing out on. Might be a strange outlook to some but I’d rather regularly do something I enjoy and be half decent at it than get the chance once in a blue moon and it be more of a chore than enjoyment. However, one thing I do enjoy is eating…

mahalo

my old man has started gaining weight pretty fast.

He is only 62, and a youthful 62 at that. Up until recently he has played squash to a very high standard but bad knees have forced his retirement…

He still trains in the gym 4 nights a week, and is a keen roady lycra bandit type. Also plays golf too.

I don’t think he eats that much either, he likes his buttered toast & jam in a morning, but dinner is always salad or soup and tea is usually a decent, homemade affair. Snack wise its chocolate hobnobs, but only 1 or 2 in the evening with a brew. Drinking only happens at weekend which is exclusively red wine…

He’s at a loss on what to change to start shedding some timber – any ideas?

im also worried this is what lies in store for me in a few years too!? I have a similar, if not slightly worse diet, and i probably exercise less frequently than him, although usually at a higher intensity…

toby1

Any more of us who are still in this need a reminder to update? There’s about 4 entries in now. I’m pretty close to my original goal, no idea if I should keep losing or just looking to stabilise and add muscle now. Life doesn’t come with handy instructions!

theotherjonv

i still weigh in but don’t remember to do the sheet until I see this thread or an email.

Got half a stone to target, but moving in the right direction

toby1

I have a weekly weigh in, so I usually bump the thread when I can as a reminder 🙂

scotroutes

A good update from me (a late entry to this thread). Friday morning weigh in saw me with a sub-25 BMI for the first time in years. That means I’ve met my original target for 2019 by losing a bit over 12kg (1 stone) to 72kg. That’s despite a week of no exercise. I now have to decide whether to push on and try for another 2kg loss, though I’m sort of hoping that some improved weather and longer daylight will have me riding and running more anyway so it might fall off without much encouragement.

theotherjonv

12kg is closer to 2st

roger_mellie

I am an idiot. Can someone send me the link to the spreadsheet please? adamckendall [at] hotmail.com

Ta

roger_mellie

Cheers Rob 👍

RobHilton
    Free Member

Good lord there’s not been much activity of late… I, myself, have just updated for the 1st time in, I dunno? 4 weeks??

This is not the the path to size zero.

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 264 total)

The topic ‘Chubbly Clubbly 2019’ is closed to new replies.