Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 264 total)
  • Chubbly Clubbly 2019
  • drew27
    Free Member

-1.8 / -8.2 lbs

Diet was okay this week but the exercise has fallen off. I need to get back onto moving more!

pondo

Lost a few this, solely on the back of one (sullen) C25K run, a bit of dancing and eating better. This *may indicate how unhealthily I’ve been living over Christmas.

* Definitely.

Edit –
    “slowpuncheur

Here you go:

RED January”

Cheers, forgot I asked! Don’t have the mojo right now but good to have a motivating aim. I need me one of them. 🙂

theotherjonv

flat this week – I’m Ok with that, still -5lbs vs the start.

“When you feel like giving up, remember why you started”

Also back on my 50 press up regime; split into 30s periods – start the timer and do a set in 30s, using any spare to rest. I started in 5’s, which is barely more than 5-10s of work and then 20s rest, repeat 10x – total time therefore about 4:40.  I’m now up to 8’s (and then 2 more as soon as poss after the last set) and in a few days that’ll go up to 10’s, and then 12’s

12’s is kind of the target because that’ll then be 50 in 4 sets, ie 2 mins which is the military fitness standard. I figure if at 50 and overweight I can do the same as is needed to pass recruit fitness that won’t be bad.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Pondo – no reason why you can’t try RED Feb or March (although Feb is shorter!). I didn’t really intend to do it, just started before New Year to clear the cobwebs and thought I should see how long I can go.

Obviously everything is easier when you lose a couple of pounds. It just never occurred to me that things like press-ups and the plank would be as well. It must be a a luxury to be properly lean.

qtip

Illness over the last couple of weeks has seen my initial 2 lb loss go back on and put me back at my starting weight for the year. Nevermind, should be back on it next week.

loum
    Free Member

Started at 177 lbs, went up to 180 week 1, 178 week 2 , and now 174. Been a bit slack on filling the spreadsheet but up to date now.

Personally, I think I probably vary by about 4 or 5 pounds on a daily basis depending on a few factors like hydration and routine.
    So I might be going on the right direction, but it’ll need to be a trend over 2 or 3 weeks to show that.

Weirdly, exercise is down this week. Started on RED January and was going well until Friday 18th, but since then I’ve missed 19th, 22nd and 24th. Life gets in the way.
    Bit gutted not to see the month out, but it was still my longest running streak I’ve done at 19 days so something to build on.
    Signed up for a half marathon in march so I’ll be needing to do some longer runs with rest days in between so it looks like April before I have another crack at RED.

cheers_drive

-0.4kg this week so bang on target. I haven’t pooed for 36hrs so have a head start for next week ;0)

Beagleboy

I’m struggling to get started. Been trying to cut down on my consumption which has led to a few issues with my diabetes control recently and quite a few emergency, middle of the night sugar hits. Then I went to see my doctor on Wednesday about the tendonitis I thought I was suffering from. He pointed and went “Oooh, look at that!”, even before I’d got me sock and shoe off. Apparently I’ve been hobbling around on a partially torn achilles tendon for some time now. I thought it was just ‘late-forties-itis’. Plan to go out on my bike tomorrow, wearing everything I own so that I sweat like a pig, then come home and do a huge jobbie before weighing myself. Then I’ll probably drink a load of beer to cheer myself up. 🙁

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Another kilo or so gone just from eating healthily and watching portion sizes.

Jamie
    Free Member

Gone up a bit.

All part of the plan.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Didn’t lose anything last week, can’t weigh myself this week as I’m in a hotel, but I doubt two weeks of Premier Inn breakfasts have helped!

Trying to go running more often, and bought one of those over the door suspension trainers but the bathroom door opens the wrong way so I’m reluctant to trust it pulling the door open!

toby1

Think I may have weighed in in the morning last week as opposed to the evening. Heading out for a week of skiing tomorrow, so will be late weighing myself and the week will be a fight between beers and tartiflette versus days out on the mountain. I’m hoping for at least staying static if not a small drop 🙂

Good work everyone, nice to see stats rolling in and remember it’s a long game not a quick fix so don’t sweat the small gains.

jonnyrobertson

Weighed myself post dump yesterday, 86.4 so no loss. Weighed myself today, having not had a dump, 86.0. So 0.4kg loss is what I’m going to go for, even if I’m starting to not trust the scales. Saying that though, clothes are hanging nicer and I’m not about to (literally) pop any buttons off unlike this time a month ago. No exercise at all this week, night shifts and young ones have seen to that. Next week should see a couple of runs at least.

drew27
    Free Member

-1.2 / -9.4 lb

Started with an awful weekend which led to some IF trialling for the test of the eeek to bring it back. Not sure if IF is for me though.

robbo1234biking

Lost 2 lb this week but spreadsheet doesn’t work on work computers so will have to update this evening

shinton
    Free Member

Signed up for this and then went on holiday to Asia for 3 weeks so filled in the sheet and guessed at 2lb gain per week. Got on the scales today for the first official weigh in and I’m 3lb down since the first weigh in. Probably didn’t eat that much on holiday, fruit, yoghurt and an omlette for breakfast. Skipped lunch a few days and just had a banana nicked from the breakfast buffet. No snacks during the day and did plenty of walking, but had a few beers and a curry most nights.

joshvegas
    Free Member

I forgot to weigh myself.

Just to get my excuses in early though…

… New scales are definitely correct if i i go down and the old ones are definitely faulty if i go up.

Agreed?

theotherjonv

^ ha ha

When i had my moment of truth five years ago I went through that.

Actually there were two…..

First was I bought some new work trousers in the same size I always wore. I put them on and my kids were just slack jawed – you’re not going out of the house like that!  I then asked my wife and she confirmed my arse had got so big that they were tight enough across the waist and front to confirm that i haven’t been circumcised.

So I went up a size and said i was going to lose weight as I was over 15.5st. At which point the wife put the boot in properly and said that if i was reading that off the bathroom scales, then they were ****ed by comparison to the ones she was using at Slimming World. So we bought new scales, and i gained another 6 pounds (lb) at the exact same moment as I handed over 20 pounds (£). Not the happiest net 14 pound transaction ever.

14st 3 today….. happy with that, another bridge crossed as my weight in lbs doesn’t start with a 2.

Next target is under 90kg (198lbs) and then 14st (196). Bit by bit.

welshfarmer

Hmmm, back up almost 1/2 kilo, despite Zwifting most nights for the last week (or maybe because of it!). I blame my body for laying down a layer of blubber in anticipation of this cold snap we are now having. 🙂

RobHilton
    Free Member

Well, I have no idea how I lost 2 pounds this week, but it puts me bang on target and makes me a happy Rob

cheers_drive

I’ll get me excuses in first, the inlaws are visiting and the MIL has cooked every day this week. If I leave any of enormous portions she gets upset.
    …………I put on 1.6kg this week!

With dry January over I’m going to have to try harder

schrickvr6
    Free Member

A non-mover in the charts this week is Schrickvr6 with his Christmas hit “I’m Still Fat”.

jonnyrobertson

83.7! Get in! Amazing what a dose of the flu can do for your scale readings. Still not fully recovered so might be a bit more to come off but I still wouldn’t recommend it as a method of weight loss.

By the way, Rob, those weekly emails are bloody hilarious 😂

toby1

I was away skiing last week, so a combo of eating all the pies and drinking, most of, the beer, but also spending days on the piste burning calories. Overall a small gain in weight, but holidays are exactly that and healthy food in the Alps is hard to find, well sort of anyway, you can’t not eat the occasional tartiflette!

Back onto the regular pattern this week, soup and dinners made for the week plus plenty of veg in for snacks.

drew27
    Free Member

+4.2 / -5.2.

Wow. 4lb gain in one week! Last night was the father in law’s 60th so we had a huge chinese so i expect the salt content led to a lot of water retention.

However, if I look at the week as a whole – it’s been awful! I think knowing that this meal was planned meant I gave up eating well. Still not exercising enough.

But that was last week. Today has started with ‘breakfast chinese’ in the bin. It worked well for me getting healthy supplies Saturday night, so I must do that again and i think set run nights are required.

One bad week isn’t the end of the world if I get back to it!

Dickyboy

A non-mover in the charts this week is Schrickvr6 with his Christmas hit “I’m Still Fat”.

only a week as a non mover – been a consistent 88kgs since the initial weigh in, I really am rubbish at this dieting thing

muggomagic

I went up almost a pound last week and down half a pound this week. I’ve been doing a lot of weights over the last month and I’m definitely noticing a change in body shape and better still the mrs has noticed too. Which is great as her noticing gives me a real boost and even more motivation.
    I need to focus more on what I’m eating though as still eating what I like, so if I improve that I should see more weight loss.

welshfarmer

Hmmm, riding 2-4 times a week and after initially losing over 2 lbs, i’m almost back where I started.

Confession time…..

My name is Mark, and I am addicted to Creme Eggs 🙁

joshvegas
    Free Member

slowly creeping up 100gms a week.

however i feel a bit more healthy and i’v seen an impropement in the eating and excercising so i’m not to bothered

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Damn you Booths and your yellow stickers! I had the most amazing scrumpy pork pie last night for 50p and the rice salad thing I intended to eat languishes in the work fridge, looking rather less appealing. I’ve had three rest days this week after RED January and a couple of beers so I was amazed to see I’ve lost another 0.5kg. It’s going to plateau now I think.

That pie was amazing though.

Jamie
    Free Member

I always start these things slowly.

That’s what I am telling myself.

Rich_s

Gah. Ill children, sleeping on their floor, eating crap during the day to keep awake. No exercise. Rubbish!

ton

I lost a stone in the first 2 weeks. not lost anything since. not gain either, so not bad.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Kind of back on track this week, I just need to be careful not to let my treat day slip into a treat weekend. Have cut out bread (except treat day) and acid indigestion has gone with it and am eating a lot less red meat. Eating plenty of eggs, fish, tofu, soup, things like falafels, boiled chicken breast and finding turkey mince to be really versatile in things like a mediterranean salad or a chinese stir fry.

toby1

Morning weekenders, don’t forget to log those weights.

I seem to have made a decent post skiing recovery (in fact most of the excess was gone 2 days later which I still don’t understand).

Things that are working for me (in case it helps anyone);
    Drinking less, and not being in situations where I would likely drink more.
    Planning meals before I shop.
    Preparing food for the week over the weekend.
    Pots of veg as mid afternoon snacks.
    Cycling to work.
    Weights
    Weight watchers

Things that slay me;
    Free snacks at work, Jaffa cakes being a massive weakness
    Free beer at work (yeah, I know it’s a bit odd).
    Loving beer
    Loving cheese
    Loving peanut butter
    The NHS guidance for the top healthy weight I *should* be being 10kg less than my target weight (but I know that’s a bit silly).

roger_mellie

Still recovering with dodgy ribs means I’m maintaining rather than losing.

On the upside, Sainsbury’s “lighter” cheddar cheese is actually OK. (Not the half fat stuff).

Are the charts going to make a come back Rob? Appreciate you do this in your spare time 🙂

tommyhine

managed a loss of 2.5kg this week which i was super happy about. cut out fizzy drinks and being carefull-ish with food has helped.
    Have to finish an MBA assignment by wednesday then fly to Tenerife with the gf thursday (i’m hiring a bike for a few trips up Teide though so i’m hoping i’ll drop some kilos then).

RobHilton
    Free Member

Well **** me! I’m still on target.

Are the charts going to make a come back Rob? Appreciate you do this in your spare time

Yes! Spare time has been something missing from my life of late, but I’ve been bizzy-bizzy today and got one done. Others will follow presently…

toby1

Well done Rob, I seem to be tracking well for the end of March target too. That’d see me 10kgs down this year.

There are charts coming people, you all know what charts need … Data, get your stats in folks!

cheers_drive

Hmmm, my weight is creeping back up again. Need more self discipline but I blame it on having young children.

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 264 total)

The topic ‘Chubbly Clubbly 2019’ is closed to new replies.