Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 264 total)
  • Chubbly Clubbly 2019
  • jonnyrobertson

Weighed in yesterday at 87 kilos so 13.7 stone. Impressed considering I’ve spent the last six weeks feeling full and lethargic from all the junk I’ve shovelled in me. Not too much of a weight gain although I think I’ve lost a bit of lean mass. To be honest this is more about fitting into my clothes better than figures on the scales, if I was dreaming I’d say I’d like to be about 12:4 so dropping about ten kilos. But that may not be viable with family life, shifts, etc (for etc read boredom eating. I get bored at work). However, if I can drop to about 12:10 and get into my slimmer clothes on be more than happy. I’m going to try and work out as well as run more so any muscle mass gains I make may cancel out some fat loss on the scales. I’m definitely sorting my diet out though, it was shocking. On one shift I took my lunch and my dinner (it was a long shift) but also had in my bag a tube of pringles and a big pack o’ bourbons. These were both to last me all week. Of course they didn’t. And I could do that every day, in fact I was hoovering up a pack of biscuits a day easily and would probably try and find something else to go with it. I’d get stressed if I was at work and didn’t have enough crap to eat. THAT’S what I need to sort out most and why joining on here might just give me the focus and discipline I need. All that said I’ll go for a 0.5 kilo weekly weight loss.

Saying all that though, I did try and enter my weight into the chart but it seems to be playing up for me. Only seem to be getting partial info through and can’t see myself on there, seeing down to 35. IF I get the time I’ll see if I can do better on my laptop.

doomanic

I’m heavier today than I was when the 2018 Chub Club started… 🙁

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

93.4, which was actually lighter than I’d been in a while! Aiming for a Bmi of 24 by the summer.

Could we add mileage to the sheet? See whats working best for others, riding lots or eating less. Riding works for me but I’m stuck away in a hotel with work for the next three months!

duncancallum

I’m back on it

2yrs ago I got to 12st12 and I’m back at 14.8ish

Not good

Is like to drop at least a stone n half by September…

snotrag

Rob – PM sent!

pondo

In the summer of 2017 I was half-arsedly training to fo a marathon – got made redundant in July, next job was (and is) as an IT trainer, so totally sedentary, no routine and no chance of cycling to work. Professionally, the time since has been great, but physically they have not been kind. Time to make some changes before I cross the nineteen stone boundary…. 🙂

bonni

Big question: how are you gonna lose the chub?

I’m going for a 10 kg loss this quarter after blobbing out by not being on the bike for health and work/lack of free time.

I’m trying for a circa 1700 calorie daily intake and >10000 steps per day, plus a few rides (mostly turbo for now). Just recovering from an op so we’ll have to see how we progress.

Saccades
    Free Member

Just back from holiday, will crack on from Monday.

2x spin class in winter and split between 85km road and Mtb spins at the weekend.

Mfp reckons about 1500 calories, need to cut out the shit in the evening and drink a lot less 🙁

joshvegas
    Free Member

Riding works for me but I’m stuck away in a hotel with work for the next three months!

Take your trainers. Way faster than cycling for burning the calories i find.

Alex

See whats working best for others, riding lots or eating less. Riding works for me but I’m stuck away in a hotel with work for the next three months!

I’m not having to join this year thankfully. One of the reasons was I spent at least a night a week in a hotel last year. It’s so easy just to eat crap food and have a few beers. I made myself go to the hotel gym, go for a run or at least a long walk. Ate healthily and only allowed myself one pint if I’d done some exercise.

Hotel-life is really bad for weight gain unless you’re disciplined. Took me about 20 years to work this out 🙂

Good luck all!

dantsw13

It’s taken me 43 years to work out I can’t out-exercise a bad diet. I lost 2.5 stone in chub club 2 years ago cutting out carbs.

toby1

@bonni

Using weight watchers, which if anything is helping me track what I put in and be a bit more mindful of my inhuman capacity for snacking.

I’m not going to treat it as a religion, but as a guideline to help me come up with healthier options.

tommyhine

more exercise and be more consistent with food for me. i work in london 3-4 times a week down bermondsey street and there are so many good places to eat so the mission is to take lunch and not go out and get some really tasty but generally big and fatty treat.

fettlin

Planning on burning some of the calories I’m consuming! Christmas hasn’t been kind to my waistline but generally my diet isn’t too bad, with a semi active job.
    Biggest problem last year for me was not riding my bike for 11months!

drew27
    Free Member

I’m attempting a RED January, the dog is a good motivator. Starting with just short distances.

That and focusing on a healthy breakfast and lunch. Dinner will be what it is… and cutting out the unhealthy snacks. So much easier to say than actually do!

andybrad

im in now!!

theotherjonv

A multi-faceted approach:

– 5:2

– combined with general better eating Mon-Fri (lots of lean protein and veggies)

– the weekend I will be less stringent, but still careful, but I accept there will be some ‘bad’ stuff in there

– I will not surround myself with negativity and negative people, because they drag me down and when i am down i comfort eat, and when i comfort eat i gain weight which gets me down and (repeat to 14st 10)

– i will do more exercise but I will not reward it with massive pie intake because I know you cannot outrun a bad diet

toby1

Using WW I am gaining so called ‘fit points’ based on commutes and gym sessions I have been awarded 64 of the targeted 21 points so far, still need to ride home later which will be another 11.

Based on this, a small amount are allowed for use across the week. However, in order to loose I want to keep to within sensible limits, however, I also don’t want to fall into really low levels of energy as I cycle for an hour plus a day and do a weights session twice a week plus a run.

Does anyone have any experience of actually losing weight while also remaining fuelled for day to day life. For reference I weigh a lot so I”m not concerned that I’m about to waste away.

theotherjonv

yes, I lost 3st while also training for a 12 hour solo at Gorrick / Torq in your sleep.

Perfectly do-able.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Using WW I am gaining so called ‘fit points’ based on commutes and gym sessions I have been awarded 64 of the targeted 21 points so far, still need to ride home later which will be another 11.

Based on this, a small amount are allowed for use across the week. However, in order to loose I want to keep to within sensible limits, however, I also don’t want to fall into really low levels of energy as I cycle for an hour plus a day and do a weights session twice a week plus a run.

Does anyone have any experience of actually losing weight while also remaining fuelled for day to day life. For reference I weigh a lot so I”m not concerned that I’m about to waste away.

My OH used WW for a bit last year, in the new (there’s always a new system with WW) system IIRC there’s a target for exercise, but the points don’t earn you more food like they used to. To me it looked like they were prescribing a very specific healthy lifestyle (eat this much, do this much) which is great if you’re an inactive person who eats too much, it tells you what “normal” is supposed to look like. But wouldn’t necessarily be compatible with some who did a lot more exercise.

Having said that, there’s nothing to stop you working within the system a bit, eggs are zero points, so lots of those gets you your protein (and dietary cholesterol is needed by the body to synthesise testosterone so there’s a boost there too). Lots of veg (zero points). Eat plenty of rice which has the best carbs:points ratio without the gluten of pasta. You could get a lot of good clean ‘fuel’ without going over the prescribed number of points.

Or just do what iDave used to prescribe, carbs don’t count during exercise, just tweak that to carbs don’t count during exercise that’s above the WW weekly target.

IME when I diet I don’t get faster I just get lighter. But then when I stop dieting my speed goes up rapidly. I lost about 8kg last spring and was still struggling in the “steady” roadie club group (15-16mph). A few months later I could hold a normal conversation pulling the group along from the front!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’m not going to lose weight this week! In the last 7 days.

7x Premier Inn Full English (with scrambled egg though, and no toast, no mushrooms, no bubble and squeek, no hash browns, sometimes beans, and 4x tomatoes).

Way too many latte’s.

Healthy lunches (usually noodles and fruit for snacks).

Restaurant meal every night (but only red wine one night, water the rest).

Be interesting to see if eating shit, but healthy snacking and being on my feet all day is good or bad!

Rich_s

7x Premier Inn Full English (with scrambled egg though, and no toast, no mushrooms, no bubble and squeek, no hash browns, sometimes beans, and 4x tomatoes).

You do know they’ll make poached eggs for you?

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

I’m also doing RED January. Mainly a run or Zwift and also footy once a week. Going well so far but it doesn’t half increase your appetite. Have managed to demolish most of the chocolate and biscuits left over from Christmas now. Loosely doing the 16/8 intermittent fasting thing (eating normally between 11am and 7pm) which suits my work and family life. Seems to be working albeit slowly.

joshvegas
    Free Member

(with scrambled egg though)

That’ll be the eggs with butter yeah?

pondo

Tell you tomorrow morning, but not normally that I notice…

toby1

Thanks TINAS.

I’ve found a setting that allows me to up the number of fit points, I think I have to reach this base before I have extras to use for the week. As well as weight I’m also tracking chest, waist and thigh measurements ideally I don’t want to drop too much muscle mass as part of this. I love eggs, but this morning I had to switch to toast and peanut butter and the other with Jam as I’m a bit fed up with eggs for breakfast, I need to liven then up with some salsa or something.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Hows everyone feeling about tomorrow. I’ve been pretty well behaved but earlier at lunch i needed a slash and there was a mcdonalds… Realised i also forgot my lunch… And i used my student card fir a free burger ..

schrickvr6
    Free Member

The pie diet has been going great for me, never feel hungry, nah I’ve been super well behaved with regards to diet, not very active but I’m expecting a decent loss, it feels good to be eating decent food and no acid indigestion to boot. I’m cooking a curry tomorrow night for some family so I’ll be sure to weigh myself first.

pondo

I’ve adopted a moderate approach to change, lost count of the “new year new me” sweeping change fads that have lasted a fortnight. So I’ve exercised moderately, cut out school night beers and am eating healthier without going overboard and trying to survive on lettuce and water. It all feels very pleasant and sustainable, and a good launch pad to further change – looking hopeful for a modest loss tomorrow but that works for me. 🙂

drew27
    Free Member

4.2 lb lost this week, down to 13st 7.6lb. A good start but it’s only that.

@slowpuncheur

How’s RED January going for you? I’m doing very short distances and found yesterday was the first day that I could walk up a stairs not in pain! I’m hoping my legs will get use to it!

snotrag

Declared first thing this morning, looks like there’s a few more results coming in, well done all – little steps in the right direction!

joshvegas
    Free Member

done.

suspicious about the scales accuracy…

schrickvr6
    Free Member

4KG? Did you send an aircraft carrier out to sea?

joshvegas
    Free Member

i haven’t even been yet!

i can’t remember conditions of my first weigh in i think it may have been in the evening after dinner.

cubist
    Free Member

I apparently lost 8 pounds last week. I have been weighing in every day and its been dropping pretty much a pound a day so scales are consistent.

I have been intermittent fasting so only eating between 13:00 and 19:00. This means basically 2 meals a day in which I am eating minimal carbs and lots of protein. I have also dropped my multiple lattes and gone to drinking black coffee and am staying off the booze.

Exercise wise its cycling to work (only 3 miles each way), Daily 15 minute HIIT (Joe wicks fat burning workout of you tube) workout before work and weights after.

I am assuming that as I was in poor shape at the end of last year (long hours lead to poor diet and little exercise) and Xmas and NY were so excessive with booze and food that this is a fast start and things will slow to a regular pace over the next week or so.

Jamie
    Free Member

Rob.

Can you see who does edits etc on the sheet?

jonnyrobertson

86.7kg so only a 0.3kg weight loss. I have however had two seven(ish) mile runs, a couple of gentle bike rides with the wee man on the Weeride and pulling a chariot (the extra weight counts I tell ya) and a couple of workouts on my contraption in the garage.

Food wise, plenty of fruit and veg, good meals but still shovelling the junk away. Not as bad as some previous weeks but still not good, either. Still, I’ve made a start, just have to keep with it.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Jamie i see you’ve lost 1300lbs this week… kudos!

theotherjonv

4lb – no illusions that that won’t continue at that rate but it’s a good start; first target done (under 14.5st), next one in sight (>2lbs and i’ll be back under 200lbs total)

Just better eating generally and 2 days of 5:2, albeit at more like 800-900cal days rather than the 600 prescribed.

Those on the ultra low carb stuff, is that just processed carbs (bread, pasta, etc.) and what do you make of the today reports on lack of fibre on these diets, are you getting lots of veg to ensure your fibre is still high enough?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-46827426

joshvegas
    Free Member

can someone reccomend some decent scales? I don’t think they are wrong as i seem to be getting a consistant reading but they’re finnicky to turn on. tempted by a retro analogue dial for speed

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 264 total)

The topic ‘Chubbly Clubbly 2019’ is closed to new replies.