Chubbly Clubbly 2019

• This topic has 159 replies, 55 voices, and was last updated 2 days ago by  toby1.
Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 160 total)
  • Chubbly Clubbly 2019
  • rhinofive

my first week results can be considered somewhat skewed by having spent most of the week in bed (on the sick list not recreationally) without eating; seemingly effective in the short-term, but probably not a good long-term model for anyone to seek to emulate.

On the plus side, there must be another bumper week ahead of me when I stop being mostly phlegm and finally cough it all up

well done to all who made a more conventional start to proceedings……..

Premier Icon theotherjonv
    Subscriber

analogue dial? Speed?

How will you manage the parallax issue? Will you give your weight +/- 10% ?

joshvegas

Speed as in i stand on it and it guves me a reading rather than stand on it and wait for it to switch on then step off and back on.

As for parallax… Always look from the right would do me nicely 😂

Premier Icon andybrad
    Subscriber

3kg off. although i suspect thats the weight of my clothes!

How’s RED January going for you? I’m doing very short distances and found yesterday was the first day that I could walk up a stairs not in pain! I’m hoping my legs will get use to it!

Pretty good although I’ve felt more tired and hungry than usual this week. I started on 30th December so I’m 12 days in now. An easy hour on zwift tonight, Parkrun tomorrow morning and either a trail run or a 40-50 mile road ride on Sunday. I’m not threatening many PR’s on Strava but considering I’m not having rest days as such and it’s a lot of base stuff, I’m happy enough.

Not weighed myself yet but only expect a modest loss. Trying to get body-fat %age down is more important for me.

qtip

Couple of lbs off this week. Happy with that as my weekly target is only 1 lb, although would expect the Xmas weight gain to come off fairly easily before things slow down again. Pretty happy with the weight I’m at (even though my ultimate goal is about a stone less), so taking things steady this year, not punishing myself too much with stupid calorie deficits. Also keeping an eye on my training and focussing on purely training for improved performance, rather than squeezing in extra workouts to burn calories and ending up overtraining.

Last year I weighed myself every day and religiously put everything into MyFitnessPal. It worked and I lost a big chunk of weight last year, but it was mentally tough and not sustainable. Weighing every day made me realise that everything was trending in the right direction but that my weight fluctuates a lot, meaning that if I’d only looked weekly then I could be seeing false increases/decreases. Using MFP made me very aware of the nutritional content and calories in everything that I eat. I don’t feel like I need to do that any more as I know what I need to do to lose weight, I know how I need to fuel my workouts/recovery, and weighing weekly is enough to ensure I’m roughly on track (I’m not in a desperate rush to lose the last lbs as I’m a healthy weight and don’t want to get too obsessive about things).

It will be interesting to see if I can maintain my weight and ideally slowly lose a bit more using this more relaxed approach – I’ve been very much all or nothing in the past, which has seen massive periods of weight gain as well as loss. Right now though, I’m less than half the weight I was at peak fat and I feel like I’ve got a better handle on diet and exercise and balancing that with enjoyment of life than ever before.

Premier Icon fettlin
    Subscriber

Well bollards, that isn’t good.

Gone up not down, whoops!

toby1

Gone up not down, whoops!

Are you taking measurements as well, chest, waist etc, perhaps you are stronger/more made of muscle than your last weigh in? 🙂

Bare in mind the week I weighed in initially I’d done no cycling, I’ve been back to my 16 mile round trip every day this week, it makes a massive difference.

Premier Icon fettlin
    Subscriber

My belly measurement is the only one relevant at the moment😀

Defo bigger!

Premier Icon tommyhine
    Subscriber

not a great start but not too bad, .4 of a kilo off but three days away at a business school with a strong buffet certainly didn’t help.

drew27

-2.2 lb / -6.4 in total

I stopped RED on Monday due to sore tendons. I think it was right thing to do as last night’s run felt a lot better.

joshvegas

0.2kg up. thank god for last week covering me in terms of averages.

Not overly concerned been feeling lowsy all week and away/eating in trainstations and not ables to burn anything off.

ton

11 lbs loss in 2 week. happy.

Jamie

1lb off.

Not sure how.

But I’ll take it!

1.7kg or nearly 4lbs off so far. More than halfway through RED and dry January. More importantly, one notch on the belt!

Premier Icon jonnyrobertson
    Subscriber

86.4 so another 0.3kgs off. Tracking perfectly so far. Eating reasonably but still putting some naughty stuff away. Some, but not much exercise. Should have gone for a 7 mile run on my break in Boston on Weds but it was raining so put my feet up and ate biscuits instead… Still, feeling a little trimmer, a little firmer and considering doing a parkrun with the wee man tomorrow. Cycle there, push him round in the chariot then cycle back. We’ll see.

Only 0.2kg off this week which is hardly surprising after the waterloss first week. I’ve also been tempted by biscuits and crisps a few time

Premier Icon snotrag
    Subscriber

Bit behind plan this week but still tracking down.

I’m also doing the “MTB Fitness” 12 week plan at the same time so I reckon I’m turning some fat into muscle too.

My biggest concern is the fact I haven’t actually been riding this week as I have an impacted wisdom tooth, which is potentially the most painful thing that has ever happened to any human, ever 😢 I’m sure!

pondo

Not a good week, put a pound back on. Bad Pondo. 🙁

What’s this RED I keep seeing in here?

Premier Icon roger_mellie
    Subscriber

Keeping steady, which is good seeing as I came off the commuter last Thursday and have been nursing ribs ever since. Will be a little while before I’m riding again I think.

Premier Icon andybrad
    Subscriber

lost a little but its slow going atm and im bloody starving!

toby1

lost a little but its slow going atm and im bloody starving!

Keep eating, but snack on veg as opposed to fruit or anything else.

I’m eating more eggs than I ever have before, eating lots of veg and homemade stews and soups. BBQ butternut squash is a great ‘filler’ veg in salads and soups and essentially free for me.

I was 106kg late last year. I’m 101 now and still eating quite a lot of food!

toby1

There’s quite a few gaps to fill, hopefully bumping this will serve as a reminder. It’s worth the effort folks (coming from someone who has always been ‘heavy’).

Improved my parkrun time this week, in part due to lugging less weight round with me!

Premier Icon tommyhine
    Subscriber

flu this week has kicked me in the head. feeling rubbish combined with left over christmas biscuits and a family birthday meal means i’\m heavier than when i started. On it now though. prepped meals for the week and am moving around less with work.

toby1

Bump for the Monday morning crowd, any stragglers ready to input some stats?

Rob Hilton

Bump for the Monday morning crowd, any stragglers ready to input some stats?

YAAAAAYY!! Someone’s doing my job for me 🤗🤗

Good job too cos I can’t be bothered 😁

Guess I’d better go and input my weight… 😳😳

toby1

Can’t leave you to do all the running around Rob, plus when I have time I’ll try and nudge people as it’s a community system 😉

Cletus

11 pounds in two weeks so happy even if most will be water weight.

Have been using MFP and trying to stick to the 1540 calories target it gave me. I managed a 200km audax on 12/01 (where I ate a lot more calories) plus a hilly 50km yesterday. Also doing 10,000 steps per day and 20 minutes bike commuting.

I have a couple of social events that I cannot dodge this week so will be happy just to lose a pound over the week.

toby1

11 pounds in two weeks so happy even if most will be water weight.

That’s good going, I feel the need to ask as I’ve seen it mentioned a couple of times, what is ‘water weight’. Are you de-hydrating yourself or do you loose retained water quickest first when you reduce food intake?

Rob Hilton

loose retained water quickest first when you reduce food intake?

Seems to be this – something of a false positive. For the first week or so it can be easy to drop a significant amount of weight, stop dieting and it quickly reappears.

Also, if your food intake is down/you’re starving yourself then the amount of food in your digestive tract will be lower = you appear lighter

toby1

For the first week or so it can be easy to drop a significant amount of weight

Would probably help explain my initial quick progress, as for the eating less, I’m eating just as much, but decidedly different foods, so that shouldn’t have as much of an impact.

Fingers crossed the initial good progress continues.

Premier Icon andybrad
    Subscriber

starving atm

not loosing much. its gutting

Premier Icon jonnyrobertson
    Subscriber

Stats in. Is 0.3kg weekly weight loss a little too “conservative”? I dunno. I don’t have time to exercise like I did (none this week due to night shifts and family time), eating, even if eating well is all over the shop due to said shifts, plus advancing age (43 means it drops off slower than it once did?)… I guess 0.3 is a reasonable target?

On a different note, did the parkrun with the lad in the chariot on Saturday and he enjoyed it. Even beat me, the little sod. Might try the one by me but it is very hilly (but less muddy!)…

toby1

I guess 0.3 is a reasonable target?

Always an option to see how realistic it is for a month or so and adjust if you want to. It’s probably better to set out with realistic (or even modest) goals then beat them than to set out with crazy goals and miss them. I’d find that more demotivating than anything.

Also did parkrun again this weekend, about 2 minutes quicker than last week too which was nice.

toby1

starving atm

not loosing much. its gutting

Are you actually eating enough, to massively cut your calorie intake I can imagine the body going into preservation mode and storing up what it can?

I’m still eating quite a bit, but using the weight watchers approach limiting carbs and focusing on better quality carbs rather than just biscuits, I could live on biscuits!

Currently working may way though my afternoon snack, celery, carrot, cucumber and red peppers. It’s not as good as junk food but it fills me up and helps me with the ride home.

hedley

Not much weight loss but I, the wife and others have noticed my face has thinned a bit which is encouraging. I’m now at the same weight as I was in March 2018.

Shame I was fat in March 2018 ;-(

Eating less, eating better. Muesli and fruit for breakfast etc, turbo training, out on the cross bike and I’ve taken up bouldering once a week to mix it up a bit.

Was away at the weekend and swapped baked potato for chips at dinner and Muesli for a cooked breakfast.

It’s horrible being the only one not having a lovely cooked breakast. Thinner but miserable.

toby1

Eggs, Bacon (medallions), tomatoes, mushrooms (obviously best cooked in butter, but it’s only once a week). Sausages might be best skipped, but you can have a pretty decent cooked breakfast for no real downside on WW. Depends on what you are using as a guide though I guess.

One of our work ‘snacks’ has been changed to chocolate covered peanuts, ginger and cashews and raisins. I’ve been really good recently, but today I’ve been weak as, sad times. Still 35 minute commute home will balance things out a bit.

Premier Icon theotherjonv
    Subscriber

today I’ve been weak as, sad times

In the same way as you can’t ‘win’ at your diet in a day, you can’t ‘lose’ at it either. It’s only a day, and if the 3000-3500 calories deficit to lose a lb is right, it works in the opposite direction too. That’s a lot of calories.

You only lose if you then go ‘**** it’, write off the week as a bad job and then you CAN eat that sort of surplus. So don’t. It’s only a few chotty covered nuts, not a week of eating badly.

toby1

Cheers Jon, rest of th day has been fine and luckily everyone else in the office has eaten the rest of them 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 160 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.