Home Forums Chat Forum Christmas Airfix!

Viewing 32 posts - 2,361 through 2,392 (of 2,392 total)
  • Christmas Airfix!
  • nickc

bang seats

does this work?

nickc

Answer; no then.

Why can’t I put pictures on the site any more?

Harry_the_Spider

You need to direct link them from a separate photo hosting site.

The old drag-n-drop was really good, but it seems to have gone.

@Rockhopper
    I saw the real Tiger 131 at Bovington last week and am going to do mine (The Airfix 1/35) with the damage that disabled it. A shot under the barrel that jammed in the turret ring causing the turret to stop traversing.

It looks quite minor, but it was enough cause the crew to bail out. Also the loaders hatch was broken at some point. Whether this happened as they were trying to get away nobody knows. The eventual fate of the crew is unknown, but they weren’t in it when it was captured.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger_131

nickc

You need to direct link them from a separate photo hosting site.

Really? That shit again? ah well.

nickc

It looks quite minor, but it was enough cause the crew to bail out.

I think most tank crews first instinct when they get hit is get out isn’t it? I know it’d be mine!

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Yes I’ve seen 131!  Tiger crews had standing orders to destroy their tank if they had to abandon it, not sure why they didn’t in this case.

Harry_the_Spider

Probably because they were getting shot at!

I would have run like ****.

Really nice model BTW. Hope mine looks as good. Your filth is something to aspire to !

nickc

seats

Does this work, then?

Harry_the_Spider

Yeah, that works!

What are you building?

I’m still in “Decorating Season”. Can’t see me touching a kit until November :-( .

nickc

Might need to experiment on Imgbb to get smaller photos! they’re for an F14 – The 1/72 Academy kit. A departure from my normal stuff, but it’s fun and a really nice kit. Was seriously thinking of doing one of the Topgun movie schemes, but it’s going to be VF41 gulf of Sidra.

Might do a European scheme A10, (the 2 green and black scheme) after this.

Harry_the_Spider

Finally inherited some shelves!

They are a bit high up and difficult to photograph… BUT SHELVES!

WhatsApp Image 2024-08-12 at 22.28.27_de09a8bcWhatsApp Image 2024-08-12 at 22.28.27_4158d4e4WhatsApp Image 2024-08-12 at 22.28.28_3ad47f57WhatsApp Image 2024-08-12 at 22.28.28_3c5fc6b8WhatsApp Image 2024-08-12 at 22.28.28_7d39a7cd

Harry_the_Spider

WhatsApp Image 2024-08-12 at 22.29.37_7ebc407fWhatsApp Image 2024-08-12 at 22.28.29_4a017adaWhatsApp Image 2024-08-12 at 22.28.28_15e30a3eWhatsApp Image 2024-08-12 at 22.28.28_7507c9d2WhatsApp Image 2024-08-12 at 22.28.28_dde96b62

ChrisL

Nice collection!

It has also reminded me that the Vigilante is a lovely-looking aircraft. :-)

nickc

I need more shelves/space for both storage and modelling space. Might feel a project coming on…

nickc

also: ooh, A Harrier…

Harry_the_Spider

also: ooh, A Harrier…

Two!

Harry_the_Spider

You can’t tempt me!

Although the Tiger…

Anyway. Just picked up one of these off eBay bnib for about half the RRP despite me having too many kits and it being too big for the shelf.

s-l960

nickc

Is that the Italeri kit? Looks cool, always liked odd things with lumps and bumps on them

My F14 finally finished. It’s an F14A from VF41. The model represents one of the pair of aircraft that both shot down a couple of Libyan Su22 over the gulf of Sidra August 1981. The real aircraft was lost in 1994 in a accident while being flown by one of the first women fast jet pilots in the US Navy which caused some controversy at the time, but the accident was caused by a well known F14 problem, and nothing really to do with her.

Kit is Academy with added PE and aftermarket decals, it’s a really nice kit, goes together easily with hardly any fit issues, has all the parts you’d need to make any model of the F14 you want. Might get another for the stash.

Tom3

Tom2

Got the Italeri A10C coming, can’t decide on either the compass grey scheme or Euro 1

Harry_the_Spider

That Tomcat looks very tidy!

The AC-119 is the Italeri. Got it for £20.

Harry_the_Spider

Hopefully I’ll get to start on the AC-119 at the weekend.

On opening it I found that it was from the batch where the only moulded one half of the ventral fins under the tail and it has the world’s most sparse decal sheet. So, I’ll have to scratch build the missing parts and I’m £16.99 down on a new set of decals.

Not a great start, but it looks very cool.

Harry_the_Spider

Progress.

WhatsApp Image 2024-09-07 at 18.55.15_9f0b2771WhatsApp Image 2024-09-08 at 17.55.13_cb5419fe

Harry_the_Spider

The Stinger is coming together. However, with this being an impulse buy, I didn’t check how big it would be. I thought it would be about the same size as a B25. It is not.

Stinger

It is almost as big as a Victor, and will require some rearranging of the shelves.

nickc

That is quite a few Tamiya Thin Glues wide! How’s the scratch-building going?

Cockpit looks good.

I’m nearly done with the A-10, I’ll stick some photos up when it’s finished.

Harry_the_Spider

That is quite a few Tamiya Thin Glues wide!

I think it is probably almost 5 Spitfires.

How’s the scratch-building going?

Since you ask…

Stinger 2

Stinger 4

Stinger 6

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235144610-italeri-ac-119k-stinger/

nickc

Nice. That must have been pretty satisfying to do.

nickc

Finished the A10. was debating to do the Euro scheme, but TBH, the shape of the plane is so complex that it was hard enough getting the primer down – like under the engines and around the lower rear fuselage that it became the Compass grey scheme instead. It’s the Italeri kit which is barely better than OK. its the right shape though and the decals are decent. Kit represents a 23rd TFG “Flying Tigers” A10C – the descendant squadron of the original  Republican Chinese Air Force squadron manned by Chennault’s First American Volunteer Group, hence the use of the famous shark mouth

A10

nickc

Oh, and despite there being nearly 10g of lead in the nose, it’s still a tail sitter. Debating whether to permanently glue the clear sprue being used as a stand that you can see under the tail in the picture. Can’t decide.

Harry_the_Spider

Looks good.

Could you glue it down to a base? Maybe something from Coastal Kits or stone effect tile.

I have exactly the same model primed and in a box. I started to do the wrap around camo but gave up. Going for the all over grey seems like a sensible option.

nickc

Could you glue it down to a base?

Of course! [smacks forehead] Genius idea, thanks.

Harry_the_Spider

Fanks.

I’ve bought sample tiles from B&Q before. 300mm ones that look like concrete. Paint a yellow line or two and add come oil stains. Job jobbed!

Harry_the_Spider

[edit]Some oil stains.[/edit]

Don’t want, or need, to know what come oil is.

Viewing 32 posts - 2,361 through 2,392 (of 2,392 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.