Viewing 10 posts - 2,321 through 2,330 (of 2,330 total)
  • Christmas Airfix!
  • Harry_the_Spider

I don’t have the eyesight or fine motor skills for PE ☹️

jimfrandisco
    Free Member

https://ibb.co/g4jJPCY

No idea if that link will work, so may need a quick edit.

Some amazing paint work on this thread, and that’s just looking at the last few pages.

My 9-year old has just got into airfix/revell, quick learning curve about the need for tweezers, sandpaper etc but I’ve been really impressed with his skills. He’s got a few paints from war hammer figures and I think he’s done an excellent job on this Comet Mk1 (although I’m taking credit for getting the transfers on!)

natrix
    Free Member

Thats some great cockpit detail Nick.

Good work by your son on the Comet, Jim.

nickc

My latest. Bf109 F Trop-R5 of 3-JG27 Murtuba, Libya Feb ’42. Obviously if you choose your theme to be “desert Luftwaffe”, you pretty much end up looking at pictures of Hans Joachim Marseille’s various 109Fs. There’s any number of variants of the basic scheme you can end up doing, there’s endless reference photos, some showing a red (probably primer) tail, some with white wing tips, some without…You can pretty much choose whatever. Marseille was one of the few Luftwaffe 150+ aces whose kills came almost entirely fighting Western allied pilots from the RAF, Empire, and USAAF air forces. Some of his kills are disputed now though, but shouldn’t distract from the fact that he was an amazingly skilled fighter pilot. Interesting fact; He was shot down twice by the same Frenchman; Sous-Lieutenant James Denis who was flying with the RAF.

It’s the Eduard 1/72 kit, which comes with a couple of sprues of PE, most of which was used…Can you tell? No, no you can’t. I shouldn’t bother with it really haha. Nice kit, a bit ‘over’ engineered if I’m honest, but also I didn’t have to use filler anywhere. so you pays yer money…

109 2109 1109 cockpit

Harry_the_Spider

Lovely build.

Hans Joachim Marseille is in a few of James Holland’s books and sound’s like an “interesting” character. I won’t give any spoilers!

natrix
    Free Member

Incredible detail on the cockpit Nick.

Just finished a Tiger. (can’t find the insert image button)

https://i.postimg.cc/pT1g7nTW/IMG-20240316-091421993-2.jpg

The only thing i haven’t been able to find is if the Zimmerit was applied before or after the main colour.

Give the Tank Museum a bell? They have a good Tiger collection: archive@tankmuseum.org

nickc

Nice little Tiger. Even teeny tiny it’s a menacing shape.

natrix
    Free Member

Agreed, must have been terrifying in real life. I once had to direct a chieftan tank over a bridge and had to fight the urge just to run away, it had a very scary looming presence.

Harry_the_Spider

GMFzuDlXcAEJt6n

Viewing 10 posts - 2,321 through 2,330 (of 2,330 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.