Home Forums Bike Forum Chinese carbon ‘Stache frame

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Chinese carbon ‘Stache frame
  • duckman
    Free Member

I know there are a few fans of Chinese carbon frames on here. Does anybody know of a Chinese carbon tribute as the trek version is eye watering.

Blackflag
    Free Member

“Tribute” :-)

funkmasterp

Don’t On One do one?

duckman
    Free Member

Funk, probably better customer service going direct.

legend
    Free Member

Shand do one don’t they

duckman
    Free Member

harsh Legend!

Cheezpleez

Lots on ebay. Search for 29 plus mtb frame

nemesis
    Free Member

I’ve got one. Had it for almost two years. Great bike. Got it from Sobato on eBay What do you want to know?

duckman
    Free Member

That you haven’t any horror stories mostly. Where to get them would be good.

MadBillMcMad

Ican https://www.icancycling.com/collections/mtb-frame/products/29er-plus-frame-carbon-bike-frame

nemesis
    Free Member

I got one on recommendation from someone I found online – he was similarly happy.

Mine’s taken a hammering both rigid and hardtail. I’m trying to think of any negatives.

nemesis
    Free Member

B+ and 29er

I

Cheezpleez

Nice. Can you actually fit a 29+ wheel in the back? How long are the chainstays? And how high’s the BB?

theboatman
    Free Member

Shand do one don’t they

Erm, despite the rhetoric, seems cheap frames with ‘added’ value weren’t the way forwards…

https://www.shandcycles.com/bikes/oykel/

Probably the right decision to be fair ☺️👍

Daffy

A Stache it does NOT look like.

nemesis
    Free Member

Nah, looks much better ;)

Yes it’ll take 29+ wheels though I haven’t tried. The rear axle can fit in one of two holes to give more clearance for the 29+ or just a longer wheelbase if you want. Chainstay length is 425mm in the shorter position or 440mm in the longer one.

Not sure on bb height but it feels right in the guises shown above. I guess 29+ would raise it by whatever the difference is radius is. (About an inch in theory I guess)

The Shand Oykel was the same mould though no idea who actually made them for Shand.

nemesis
    Free Member

Just thought of a negative. The seatpost is 27.2 so your choice of dropper is somewhat limited though I like Hilos so no issue for me.

Having said that I also note that the Ican link above has some changes compared to mine – 31.6 seat post for one

Edit – just noticed more changes. It’s actually fairly different to mine. Looks like only one dropout position so 29+ only?

This is my one:

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32672747350.html?pid=808_0000_0101&spm=a2g0n.search-amp.list.32672747350&

kimbers

KS also do 27.2 droppers

nemesis
    Free Member

As do Thomson

bigrich

staches are excellent frames. I’d take well fabricated aluminum over cheap carbon anyday.

don’t base your purchase solely on aesthetics.

nemesis
    Free Member

I’d take well fabricated aluminum over cheap carbon anyday

Thing is, that’s a meaningless statement in this context.

The OP is asking for feedback rather than just going on aesthetics (form, surely, not aesthetics anyway). You seem to be the one making assumptions ;) I’m lucky enough to have ridden both a stache and the ‘cheap carbon’ frame in question.

Besides, “cheap carbon” is as meaningless as “aluminium frames” – as you’ve caveated, you need a well fabricated (and designed) aluminium frame to be worthwhile. No doubt there’s a wide range of “cheap carbon” so making an informed decision is key. Again that’s what the OP is working on.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Chinese carbon ‘Stache frame’ is closed to new replies.