Home Forums Chat Forum Carradice bike bureau

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Carradice bike bureau
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Anyone got one? They come free from work, apparently, but not sure if I like it or not.

I just bought a super slim bag/sleeve to go inside my panniers for when there’s room – I can take extra kit in the pannier that way. With this bag it looks like there’s some extra room in it for some stuff but possibly not as much as my pannier with the laptop in it.

It also looks bulky and difficult to carry on your shoulder if full…

GrahamS

Nope.

But I’m using a Carradice SQR Slim to carry laptop plus change of clothes. Nice bit of kit and made in Blighty by people in sheds. And no panniers required.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/carradice-sqr-slim-bag-including-sqr-bracket/

molgrips
    Free Member

Ah but I’d have to pay for that. Looks nice though.. I’ve been using a rucksack for the computer which is fine but when I cycle 25 mins to the station I can get sweaty, which means sitting on the train smelly for 2 hours. Of course I’ve been changing my shirt but I found that if I put the computer in a pannier I don’t get sweaty. As it is it takes up the whole pannier.

mefty
    Free Member

I have got their Brompton bag and that is very good, look as if it would be awkward to carry but isn’t.

nedrapier

Graham,

Been looking at that on and off along with rack and panniers and the Caradice saddlebags + Bagman support.

How do you find it? Dead good? Any niggles? Does it rattle and wobble around much? Reckon it’d be up for long off road rides where you need to pack food and changes of clothes? Reckon it puts much stress on the seatpost?

Lots of q’s. Cheers for any answers!

GrahamS

Ned, it’s a generally a good bag. Don’t think it puts that much strain on the seat post but I don’t know if I’d use it on a carbon jobby. It uses tight metal bands to hold on. Doesn’t move around too much at all. I have mine hard up underneath my saddle to help prevent spinning. A bit of inner tube rubber around the seat post helps too.

You might be better off SQR Tour for off road use. It’s deeper, not quite as wide and had side pockets for tools.

Niggles? A couple. Biggest one is that there exposed bolt ends inside the bag that can scratch you (or clothes, laptop etc). I just covered them up by gluing old inner tubes over them. Second is that the rear handle tends to slip down over the rear reflective patch (or light if you fit one). I just ziptied it up. And it can be a little rattley if it isn’t full (it’s a stuff outer and has no compression straps). I just fill mine.

Good bag all in though. Feels like it will last too.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Carradice bike bureau’ is closed to new replies.