Home Forums Bike Forum Canyon Endurace Sizing

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Canyon Endurace Sizing
  • tomnavman
    Free Member

Does anyone have a Canyon Endurace? If so, how do you find the sizing?

I’m 6 foot, so usually at the top end of Large but their sizing charts are putting me towards the top of a M. Currently ride a 56cm Cube CX Pro which if anything might be a touch small (Or could be that I am just used to riding big bikes – also ride Large SolarisMax / RocketMax).

Alternatively, any other suggestions for a new road bike? Must be hydraulic disc, Shimano 105 minimum, preferably 2x and take larger volume tyres, 28mm minimum but 30 or 32 ideally. Looking for something lighter / more spritely than the Cube.

Thanks!

clubby

I found Canyon road sizing chart to be way too small. Had an Ultimate and currently have a Grail CF. Both times it told me to get a small (at 5’9!) . Ignored it both times and got a medium and they were perfect.

Compared geometry charts to current bike and make a decision from there.

H1ghland3r
    Free Member

I’ve got an ’18 Endurace CF SLX in XL (I’m 6’4″) and I ended up going for a bikefit to be sure. The Canyon sizer seems to come up small as they were leading me towards a L which had me worried.  At 6′ I’d say you are likely bang on for a L. I’d check the reach measurements though to be sure it’s not too long.

As for it as a bike, it’s lovely. Nice smooth ride, leaps away under what seems like less effort than my old bike, plenty room for bigger tyres, I’ve got 28mm GP5000’s on just now and it looks like it would easily take 32s.

Only other potential issues are that Canyon use a 1.25″ steerer rather than 1″1/8th so getting different stems or headsets can be an issue and the headset it comes with uses completely non-standard bearings that I have only been able to source from Canyon or eBay. Giant use the 1.25″ steerer as well so stems isn’t insurmountable, I know Zipp do a Service Course stem in 1.25″.

I’d say you’d struggle to beat the spec. for the price and I’ve had no issues (it’s my 2nd Canyon).

servo
    Free Member

I am 1.8m tall and have always had 56cm road bikes in the past (Tarmac) and went for a medium. Changed the stem to 12cm (got it from Canyon as well). Great fit. Super bike!

baddddad
    Free Member

I am 1.8m tall and have always had 56cm road bikes in the past (Tarmac) and went for a medium.

Exactly the same height and medium is perfect for me. Large should be good for a six footer

Great bike – you won’t disappointed

tomnavman
    Free Member

Thanks everyone, you’ve confirmed my thoughts. I’ll dig out the geometry chart for the cube just to double check as well, but I think I’ll be going for a Large.

Now to just decide final spec.. it started with the 105 ali model “and then just a little bit more gets you this nice upgrade” ended up looking at the carbon Di2…

H1ghland3r
    Free Member

At the risk of ruining your wallet further..  Di2 is amazing. :)

unsponsored
    Free Member

I’m 6ft 2 and am on a medium with a 100mm stem. I wouldn’t have any standover clearance if I was on a large.

The medium was recommended by Canyon by both the sizing tool and online UK help.

linchpin
    Free Member

I’m 6ft and have a large, perfect for me. Bags of stand over.

cultsdave
    Free Member

I’m 6ft 2 and am on a medium with a 100mm stem. I wouldn’t have any standover clearance if I was on a large.

You must run your seat really low? I am on a large ultimate and I am 6.1 I sat on an xl and it was definitely too big, large is perfect friend is bang on 6 foot and he is on a large and is happy with it.

DI2 is ace as are discs and carbon frames are sweet….

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Canyon Endurace Sizing’ is closed to new replies.