Home Forums Chat Forum Can we have a dog thread?

• This topic has 573 replies, 121 voices, and was last updated 1 day ago by tthew.
Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 574 total)
  • Can we have a dog thread?
    Drac

IMG_1173

Oscar watching my daughter play cricket yesterday.

piemonster
    Free Member

@ditch_jockey I cant help myself when looking at that first photo and imagine your dogs thinking “I belong here”

ditch_jockey

@ditch_jockey I cant help myself when looking at that first photo and imagine your dogs thinking “I belong here”

I got the same vibe, like something clicks for her when we’re up high. I’m convinced that dogs have some aesthetic sense for nature – our 17 year old collie can’t manage big walks now, but still loves going somewhere with a view, and will settle down to enjoy it, especially the sun setting behind the mountains. It’s heartwarming to see the old girl in her happy place!

IMG_0046IMG_0054

I concur. Stacey is a different dog when we’re out there.

FB_IMG_1716200580689FB_IMG_1716200656983FB_IMG_1716200635532

kayak23

Unstable hound

RustyNissanPrairie

Part of tonight’s evening walk.

Alex

Lola deciding the squashed face look is what all the cool labs are rocking in 2024 :) WhatsApp Image 2024-05-20 at 19.38.11

Alex

Roxi at about 17 weeks… grown a lot! Loves nothing more than getting her ‘two tone’ on in a muddy puddle :)

IMG_3816

IMG_3812

IMG_3792

Alex

What a fantastic morning to be walking the dogs (and walking off a hangover). Both of them flat out asleep now..IMG_3817

sc-xc

My old girl, a minute ago…she’s slowing down but the squirrels are still nervous

Screenshot_20240602-102247

RustyNissanPrairie

Sunday morning trip to Formby beach

ditch_jockey

Luna practicing her summit pose on Ben A’an – her focus is developing nicely as she gets a bit older, so she did most of this walk off lead, using her squeaky ball to keep her  ‘on task’

IMG_7780

Scapegoat

Some IMG_0220

Some labradors last weekend. Young Tod, six months, Buck 2 years and Willow 8 years. On the hill above my son’s house.

Scapegoat

IMG_0209IMG_0212IMG_0207

thelawman

After tolerating most of the day in the car up M6 & M74 yesterday, Huey was pleased with 45mins late in the afternoon on Lower Largo beach.

And he’s hoping for the same most every day for the next fortnight

20240601_193952

cinnamon_girl

Great pics all!

Collected Toller puppy (not mine) yesterday and despite a few hours of driving he slept for a good chunk of the way.   Unable to take any decent pics as he wouldn’t stand still in the garden, preferring to run around.  Unfortunately he is constantly nipping/biting flesh as well as clothing which is a real pita.  Will try and get pics another time.

sprootlet
    Free Member

Mason is going into big dog training school before the end of June.

He has become the most wonderful pup, affectionate and now (mainly) obedient. I can guarantee that I will be bawling like a baby when he leaves.

I thought our first puppy was special but I have come to the conclusion that all of them are and that I am always going to be upset (understatement) when they leave.

There are going to be an obscene amount of cuddles over the next 3 weeks…..

piemonster
    Free Member

Drac

IMG_1221

A trip to Newcastle for Oscar last weekend.

Sandwich

Yesterday there was a rare off-lead walk in King’s Forest. Someone had thoughtfully provided trail snacks, he’s just passing a pile of them in the pic.

Dog in forest

joshvegas
    Free Member

Lola spent the weekend at a dog sitter for the first time. Feedback was “our favourite dog we have looked after”

I was just relieved she genuinely seemed happy to see us again!

jamj1974

IMG_1185IMG_1187

Milo tasting seawater.

Milos bum on the beach.

jamj1974

Bonus point for guessing the location.

IMG_1203

flicker
    Free Member

Yesterday there was a rare off-lead walk in King’s Forest. Someone had thoughtfully provided trail snacks, he’s just passing a pile of them in the pic.

Our old Dalmatians were partial to a lump of horse muck whenever the opportunity presented itself, lovely….

Anyone else have to slap sunblock on their hound?

Stacey loves sunbathing but has a very bare arse and belly.

Here’s an action shot of her being her usual weird self.

VideoCapture_20240603-113151

Alex

Lola the Lab And Roxi the Retriever Rug are both pretty good at finding shade when it’s hot. We also wheel out a cheap plastic half clamshell which, when filled with water, they’ll splash about in to keep cool.

Our old Lab tho was a total sun worshipper. Used to lie on the lawn until he was just below ‘on fire’ temp and then wander back in the house to lie on the cool stone kitchen floor for a couple of hours. We used to move him, but he just came back out until full toasted. Mad hound, still miss the big fella.

Sandwich

We also wheel out a cheap plastic half clamshell which, when filled with water, they’ll splash about in to keep cool.

Not a chance of that with our fool, unless it’s green and smelly it’s the work of the devil.

Alex

IMG_3812 @sandwich – don’t get me wrong, they both love some watery based filth. The muddier and the more brackish the better. And if there’s something dead and decomposing in there, that’s just a bonus that can be eaten and/or rolled in!

That reminds me on our honeymoon in Kenya, we saw a dead hippo, upside down and so bloated it looked like it was going to explode in the stinkiest water I’ve ever smelt. Our dogs would be trampling lions to get to that :)

BillOddie

Nala the Goldendoodle and certified Good Girl Adventure Dog.

nala5

nala8

nala7

fettlin

PXL_20240602_103833660

nicko74

Oh my good gravy I can finally see buttons to post pictures again, so I can join in!

Oh, ‘sake. No I can’t because the site doesn’t recognise a jpeg of 2MB. Joy :(

nicko74

hmm… maybe this one – not as good a pic, but still.

This is my wee fella Dillon. 9 months old, day 6 with us, and he’s a lovely good-natured boy. Sadly he doesn’t like his crate and howls much of the night…

PXL_20240530_073825890

steveb

After walk snooze in the conservatory.

Dad might also be, er, resting my eyes, as the rain patters on the roof.

IMG_20240604_123415490_MFNR

seriousrikk

Stanley had a nice day out with the local greyhound trust recently. Here he is chilling in the shade being fussed by a stranger.

We had 50+ greyhounds join us for the event, no drama, just happy long faces. If anyone want to see more goofnoodles I took many photos for the rescue.
    DSC07010.jpg

Drac

IMG_1455

Oscar resting as he’s bored due to having to take it easy, he’s hurt his leg playing on the beach in Sunday.

GolfChick
    Free Member

A couple of recent photos of ‘the boy’ clearly living his worst life!

Had a very slow WFH day today. Stacey is fully sick of my shit. #fumin

20240523_190802

steveb

5 hours later, we’ve had a shuffle round, snoozing continues…

IMG_20240604_173326521_MFNR

I’ll tell ye, in the next life I’m coming back as a spaniel!

RustyNissanPrairie

Happy 10th birthday Bert! 2hours morning play in his favourite park, breakfast, now tummy tickles with his favourite human on the sofa.
    TBH pretty much like any other day for this awesome doggo!

piemonster
    Free Member

LOL @Golfchick I’m sure I already have nearly identical WHV photos to those.

Although no photos from today’s Fell Running, just a glorious sunny day in fresh pleasant weather rounded off with coffee and cake.

This is already a solid good memories kind of day.

Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 574 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.