Home Forums Chat Forum Can we have a dog thread?

• This topic has 573 replies, 121 voices, and was last updated 1 day ago by tthew.
Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 574 total)
  • Can we have a dog thread?
    Alex

@daveyboywonder – that’s a very happy looking mutt!

@relapsed_mandalorianm- I’m sure she’s noticeably bigger every day. Still her size is at least 50% hair! Lola has gone from not being happy, to tolerating the pup to playing with her a bit. The pup, obviously, just follows her round. It’s quite sweet really!

IMG_3504

C’mon keep up, I’m not waiting any longer :)

Sandwich

IMG_0269

Our contribution to Tory Wipeout Night

kayak23

BoardinBob

3rd birthday yesterday so another beach trip was in order

IMG_20240504_120155006

Drac

IMG_0960

Oscar and I were home alone on Friday, so we went for a walk with a refreshment stop.

Finally getting to enjoy the garden, Stacey is more interested in Ms RM’s pizza than anything else.

20240505_131012

tthew

The Cheese Hound has been for a long walk around the Monsal trail and Chee Dale, (we did 6 miles, I assume he put at least a couple more on top of that by running about). Bath and tea, now tired out. 20240505_175522

Mikkel
    Free Member

Cant quite believe that this gorgeous girl will be 3 next saturday.

She is my archery buddy and amazing arrow finder.

Ada

R.lepecha

This is Leo.

Very much a COVID puppy, is 3 in a couple of weeks. We’d wanted a dog a while and COVID when WFH provided an ideal opportunity.

Bit of a mixed bag, 50% Lab, 25% GSD and 25% Staffie.

PXL_20240416_101720550.PORTRAIT

yorksmatt

Peg loves guarding the local from tourists almost as much as adventures.IMG20240503164955IMG20230910104933VID20230122113521_exported_0IMG20230102132154

Sandwich

Leo looking very dapper. Top dog!

Drac

IMG_0966IMG_0961IMG_0983IMG_0974

Oscar has had a busy weekend.

ads678

Sandy is happy that the weather is better and after a walk we can all chill outside.

Scapegoat

IMG_0141
    no, I don’t know what it was either, but she was determined to get it…..

Scapegoat

IMG_0145

Sad news, the Worried Whippet has passed.

Such a cute little dog.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C6x_ILsIgcD/?igsh=MXBhbGt0aDZ3NXh0OQ==

RustyNissanPrairie

I’ll just have a quick cool down and look handsome about it……

whats that?……

…..and we’re off again.

Ambrose

FB_IMG_1715630500553

Drac

IMG_1037

joshvegas
    Free Member

2 year gotcha day last saturday

View post on imgur.com

There beeches and ticks and she got her very own hamburger and fries from the bbq. She didn’t quite get it was for  her so would steal a bit and run away to eat it.

sprootlet
    Free Member

We found out yesterday that our puppy has been accepted to go into guide dog training.

So proud but equally so sad that he’ll be leaving us next month. He really is a gorgeous boy

Alex

Looking back at this thread, can’t believe how much Roxi has grown in the three weeks we’ve had her. Now 3/4 height of our Lab but about 50% of that is probably fur (the other 50% being on the floor…). She’s in the ‘face eating’ stage at the moment, but Lola (the lab) seems to be happy to have her around. Mostly ;)IMG_3627

IMG_3592

IMG_3595

Alex

Oh @joshvegas – excellent pic that!

Mixed emotions in the house this morning, it’s been 3 years since we said goodbye to the foster that never left.

Archie had suffered significant abuse over the course of his life, he arrived at the Dogs Trust at the age of 12 for reasons never fully explained.

We were asked if we could provide him a temporary home as the kennels were causing him distress.

FB_IMG_1715753983766

We never had the intention of adoption but then COVID happened and over the next 6 months we formed a strong bond and Archie started to regain his trust of people. So we asked if we could adopt him, he was likely  destined for euthanasia as his ‘declared’ behaviours would probably prevent him being adopted and his kennel anxiety would push a decision.

FB_IMG_1715754215237

Although we only got a year with him as arthritis came knocking, it was a year where he got nothing but love, affection and the best raw food we could find.

FB_IMG_1715754656398

On a deeper level Archie gave me a purpose, structure and focus which helped me through an incredibly difficult time that I didn’t recognise at first. Leaving behind a career, a huge part of my life and identity almost immediately into a pandemic was psychologically the hardest thing I’ve ever experienced.

Archie inadvertently guided me through that, it’s probably why his absence still hits hard today.

He was the bestest of doggos as my niece used to say.

We found out yesterday that our puppy has been accepted to go into guide dog training

That’s awesome news!

A rare picture, our hound looking alert and statuesque. The graveyard is overflowing with squirrels so Stacey’s prey drive gets triggered, which leads to fantastic photos.

20240508_173520

piemonster
    Free Member

A grand jog out in the hills at the weekend

piemonster
    Free Member

On a deeper level Archie gave me a purpose, structure and focus which helped me through an incredibly difficult time that I didn’t recognise at first. Leaving behind a career, a huge part of my life and identity almost immediately into a pandemic was psychologically the hardest thing I’ve ever experienced.

Now there’s a quote the next time someone asks what the point of dogs is.p

mucker

IMG_20240513_204354810_HDR~2IMG_20240516_210544973_HDR

Ellie, cooling off and as one half of my favourite pair.

MoreCashThanDash

This is furry godson, Milo, with the toy I sent him this week for his third birthday. Still a bit mad, but a lovely chap on the whole.

IMG-20240516-WA0005

RustyNissanPrairie

Nice sunny Sunday early morning at Hardcastle Crags with Bert.

shinton
    Free Member

I was covering the Glorious Gravel event in N. Wales yesterday and couldn’t resist snapping this fella who seemed pleased with himself

_X180520 by Ian Pemberton[/url], on Flickr

fettlin

Possibly my favorite thread on the Internet.

Our long dog came second in agility, another rosette

Ambrose

DSC_0757Max has decided to have a nap in the garden. A collie-flower if you will.

DSC_0761Despite a 10 mile ride up on Mynydd Du he still wants to play. I love this guy.

Alex

Roxi playing her favourite game “Which part of Lola shall I bite next” :) Lola is fine with it, amazingly!

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-19 at 08.04.21

joshvegas
    Free Member

Rainshower? Down tools… And dog.

View post on imgur.com

thelawman

Huey is looking quite content after 3 days on the beach in Aberdovey here. As I post this, it’s nearly 11pm, and he’s properly knackered now

20240519_115353

zippykona

IMG_20240519_123803_716_OriginalBeer

Bertie the beagle has spent the weekend with us. A real treat.

zippykona

IMG_20240518_210517_545_Original

ditch_jockey

IMG_7686IMG_7731

Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 574 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.