Viewing 40 posts - 12,201 through 12,240 (of 13,609 total)
  • Brexit 2020+
  • dudeofdoom

BTW Rishi in that outfit looks more like he’s getting to look like he’s  from the inbetweeners every day.

asbrooks

I was watching this after last nights ride.

There doesn’t seem to be a working solution. They talk about structural problems. Must be referring to the ‘British superiority complex’

DrJ

BTW Rishi in that outfit looks more like he’s getting to look like he’s  from the inbetweeners every day.

Little Rishi been at the dressing-up box again.

Dickyboy

Went to my office for the first time in 18 months, depressingly still full of the joys of Brexit bullshit ☹️ just glad I WFH 125miles away.

Poopscoop

^^ I’d love to know what Brexit wins they are so chuffed about?

Anyway…

Mummy’s little fighter pilot, he’ll grow into it.😁

kimbers

Ludicrous speed!

molgrips
    Free Member

You don’t really need to rip the piss out of his appearance.  His actions are the important part and there’s plenty of ammo there.

This getting a bit too much like the bacon sandwich thing.

trailmonkey

You don’t really need to rip the piss out of his appearance.  His actions are the important part and there’s plenty of ammo there.

I’m torn between:

Yearning for a return to politics with gravitas, engaging in sensible discourse and agreeing with this

or

Thinking that every little helps if it means that we’re rid of these awful people.

thepodge
    Free Member

<div id=”post-12717772″ class=”bbp-reply-header d-flex justify-content-between w-100″>
    <div class=”bbp-reply-author d-flex align-items-center flex-wrap”><span class=”bbp-author-name”>Poopscoop</span>
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”>
    <div class=””>Full Member</div>
    </div>
    </div>
    </div>
    <div class=”p-0 loop-item-4 user-id-14776 bbp-parent-forum-180317 bbp-parent-topic-11031026 bbp-reply-position-12205 odd post-12717772 reply type-reply status-publish hentry”>
    <div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

^^ I’d love to know what Brexit wins they are so chuffed about?

</div>
    </div>

<div class=”p-0 loop-item-4 user-id-14776 bbp-parent-forum-180317 bbp-parent-topic-11031026 bbp-reply-position-12205 odd post-12717772 reply type-reply status-publish hentry”>

Anyway…

They are just happy to win, they consider themselves to have been losers all their lives and now they get to stick it to the elite & the scroungers.

</div>
    </div>

thepodge
    Free Member

why has my formatting suddenly gone all to shit?

kilo

So? The tories and their press paymasters would love any possibility to rip the piss out of Labour for anything. If Rish! gets ridiculed for looking a **** whilst playing Mr Ben that’s fine with me.

molgrips
    Free Member

So? The tories and their press paymasters would love any possibility to rip the piss out of Labour for anything. If Rish! gets ridiculed for looking a **** whilst playing Mr Ben that’s fine with me.

Well, it legitimises their tactics, it means you can’t say ‘that’s a stupid shitty thing to do’ when you’ve also been doing it.  Also, it is still shitty, and it turns everything into an image contest which does no-one any favours.

tjagain

The anti tory side not doing it will not stop the Tories doing it.  Playing nice / by the rules is a part of the reason labour win so few elections.

intheborders
    Free Member

Playing nice / by the rules is a part of the reason labour win so few elections.

This, and it applies to ANY opponent of the right/rich.

kilo

and it turns everything into an image contest

What politics have you been watching where this isn’t the case? That genie is well out of the bottle.

intheborders
    Free Member

And now it seems that they’re playing dirty again, it was Labour’s fault:

Nicola Sturgeon and Sadiq Khan have exposed the lie at the heart of the British state (telegraph.co.uk)

Apparently we’re subsidy junkies according to Allister the Shill.

molgrips
    Free Member

The anti tory side not doing it will not stop the Tories doing it.  Playing nice / by the rules is a part of the reason labour win so few elections.

Indeed. But this thread isn’t party political campaigning to appeal to the most thoughtless voters, is it?  Or is it?

squirrelking
    Free Member

And now it seems that they’re playing dirty again, it was Labour’s fault:

Nicola Sturgeon and Sadiq Khan have exposed the lie at the heart of the British state (telegraph.co.uk)

Apparently we’re subsidy junkies according to Allister the Shill.

Jesus, that reads like some GBeebies “woke watch” parody, comments aren’t much better. I hate this country and the people in it more and more every day.

onehundredthidiot

The gift that keeps on giving. From alpinestar, I was trying to find a way to avoid throwing out a great pair of trousers.

“unfortunately the issue is considered tear and wear, and is not covered by warranty.

Moreover, due to Brexit, returns from the UK are no longer cost effective, and therefore we can’t accept them.”

kelvin

Always good to admit what you got wrong about Brexit… I thought the EU27 would have been more damaged economically then they have been…

Meanwhile, in the UK, everything is much as expected.

kelvin

Moreover, due to Brexit, returns from the UK are no longer cost effective, and therefore we can’t accept them.

The company I work with still processes returns, but it’s costly, labour intensive, and often involves delays. Plenty of customers understand and accept that is the case, but we have had riders on the continent tell us in person (Swiss & German especially) that Brexit means they simply will not buy from UK companies because of the different legal status/protection and hassle created when it comes to warranties as well as purchases. These are people telling us they love our bikes and would be buying if it were not for Brexit. Worries and hassle about returns and backup in/out of the UK is a genuine barrier to sales in the minds of customers, on both sides of our border.

oldnpastit

Worries and hassle about returns and backup in/out of the UK is a genuine barrier to sales in the minds of customers, on both sides of our border.

So, how does anyone ever manage to buy things from China, Taiwan or the USA? My wife bought some music from the USA, it showed up here a couple of days later.

Del

Your wife buying stuff from a business is one thing, and I imagine there are few warranty concerns with music. A consumer returning something from EU to UK, is another. If they cock up the paperwork the costs and delays can be significant.

Poopscoop

@kelvin

I never knew you were in the bike industry mate? Is it ok to ask which brand? Totally ok if you’d rather not say!

molgrips
    Free Member

I hate this country and the people in it more and more every day.

I don’t understand statements like this.  Are you saying you hate me, and all the people on this thread?  All the remainers, progressives, and the people who want change?

So, how does anyone ever manage to buy things from China, Taiwan or the USA? My wife bought some music from the USA, it showed up here a couple of days later.

Assuming you’re serious – a lot of companies won’t post overseas when there are export barriers in place, because it’s a pain in the arse.  A lot of EU companies will ship within the EU because it’s painless and essentially free, costing no more than shipping within their own country.  Small businesses won’t be able to absorb the cost to ship here, or won’t want the hassle, and big ones may not be competitive now because there are import duties.  So there will be less trade.  That is the entire point of having import duties and customs – to reduce trade.

Yes it’s possible, but it’s harder and takes longer, and costs both the customer and the supplier more money.  If you want something that’s not available here then of course, you’ll shop abroad.  But you won’t want to buy a bike from a German supplier if it’s going to take 2-6 weeks to get through customs, cost you 15% more, and you have no idea how you’re going to return it if there’s a warranty issue.

intheborders
    Free Member

Is that a product that she might need to warranty?

I know that I’d never buy something direct from the USA or China etc if I thought I’d need to return it – I only buy stuff from non-UK suppliers that if it’s crap/fails etc that I’ll just take a ‘hit’ on.

That’s why we buy cars, motorbikes, bikes from UK distributors – so we’ve got some ‘certainty’.

molgrips
    Free Member

Getting hold of Salsas was pretty difficult for a while when they had no UK distributor.  Not sure if that is fixed now or not?

dudeofdoom

TBH if your bringing stuff in from China,Taiwan or the USA your usually prepared for a little customs bingo/delays but the U.K.  is (what 21 mile’s ish away )close and currently to bring stuff into Spain is a ball ache.

My last 2 U.K. orders pretty much incurred the sellers having to send the goods twice and one refunding duty that I had to pay and tbh in either case wasn’t their fault, you are now at the mercy of the Spanish customs.

I can’t see that viable for sellers or buyers, I’m not in a hurry so wasn’t overly concerned but I’m sure Brexit was sold as it would be business as usual which is most definitely not the case unless you have an eu distribution centre.

dudeofdoom

Getting hold of Salsas was pretty difficult for a while when they had no UK distributor.  Not sure if that is fixed now or not?

3T will only send stuff to the U.K. if the order value is over £165 and tbh I’m sure you pay a premium on canyon orders.

Edukator
    Free Member

“My last 2 U.K. orders pretty much incurred the sellers having to send the goods twice”

Me too, poor Brompton, it must have been a real pain for them. 🙁 One order got as far as Bordeaux before heading back to London.

Edit: jeez this new editor is **** irritating, I give up, I’m just typing without using it.

birky
    Free Member

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/feb/11/revealed-secret-cross-party-summit-held-to-confront-failings-of-brexit

Revealed: secret cross-party summit held to confront failings of Brexit.

Leading Brexiters and remainers, including Michael Gove and David Lammy, met for two-day ‘private discussion’ with diplomats and business leaders.

kelvin

Is it ok to ask which brand?

COTIC. Not a secret, been involved from before the very beginning.

jeez this new editor is **** irritating

Very.

met for two-day ‘private discussion’ with diplomats and business leaders.

Would have been good for the FSB, or some other representatives of SMEs to be present… big business can find their own ways of getting around barriers to trade (even if that is moving functions out of the UK)… but SMEs are stuck with the shit deal the Tories have got us saddled with. Any changes come the 2025 discussions with the EU need to be SME focussed, or the UK will continue to fall further behind the rest of Europe.

Poopscoop

COTIC. Not a secret, been involved from before the very beginning.

Ah! Not sure how i didn’t know that. Great stuff.👍

crazy-legs

Revealed: secret cross-party summit held to confront failings of Brexit.

Leading Brexiters and remainers, including Michael Gove and David Lammy, met for two-day ‘private discussion’ with diplomats and business leaders.

Cynically, I reckon that with no genuine pro-EU party and no-one from the EU itself, it’s more like the two main political parties trying to come up with excuses as to why Brexit is/was the right answer.

While they’re still saying “Brexit was right” and “we can make Brexit work”, nothing will happen. Needs someone to stand up and say that leaving was wrong and for that to be accepted before any progress can be made in fixing it.

intheborders
    Free Member

Cynically, I reckon that with no genuine pro-EU party and no-one from the EU itself, it’s more like the two main political parties trying to come up with excuses as to why Brexit is/was the right answer.

Maybe not in England&WalesShire but up here we do and they’re in Govt AND have the vast majority of Westminster seats too.

dafydd17
    Free Member

Maybe not in England&WalesShire but up here we do and they’re in Govt AND have the vast majority of Westminster seats too.

</div>

Please don’t lump Wales in with England in this context!

Caher

Just helped my Czech Republic neighbours load their van yesterday as they are moving to Germany; she’s a nurse and her husband is an ambulance driver. They said Britain no longer feels like a place to live and they are feeling substantially poorer.

reluctantjumper

My estate used to have a lot of medical staff from the EU living in the flats, regular turnover of them and it wasn’t unusual to see a minibus picking a few up occasionally.  Now there are hardly any, let alone EU Nationals.  It’s definitely changed to lots of UK people (mainly the annoying ones) and a fair amount of people from Asia.  When I saw the ones I knew leaving I did ask and they gave the same reason: don’t feel like they are welcome so have gone back to the continent.

Really sad to see happening as the place has definitely become more unfriendly and insular.  I really hate the direction this country has gone and is continuing to go. It’ll take a generation or more for any political party to feel able to say it was a mistake and not be destroyed.

squirrelking
    Free Member

I don’t understand statements like this. Are you saying you hate me, and all the people on this thread? All the remainers, progressives, and the people who want change?

@molgrips
    of course I don’t mean everyone, but the “other side” are grinding me down to the point where I fell like I’d happily cut my losses and just sod off into the sunset if I was offered the opportunity. Exact same where I live, myopic provincial thinking at every level. Of course stepping away from Facebook is probably for the best and I’ve already deleted the app as I’m sick of all the suggested stuff that just winds me up, now I just use it with Purity on the desktop and I’m happier for it.

molgrips
    Free Member

You must remember that all the bollocks online is not representative.  Most people are decent, although often not that bright; the problem is that these days the idiots all have megaphones.

Viewing 40 posts - 12,201 through 12,240 (of 13,609 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.