• This topic has 17,658 replies, 680 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Klunk.
Viewing 40 posts - 2,001 through 2,040 (of 17,659 total)
  • Boris Johnson!
  • martinhutch

He reminds me of Mungo from blazing saddles, although he doesn’t have the strength to knock out a horse

Bojo just pawn in game of life.

binners

So Heseltine thinks the Tory govt actions in the 80s were a mistake? Didn’t seem too concerned at the time did he?

He certainly did seem concerned at the time. To give him his due, Hezza constantly harangued Thatcher that the deindustrialised regions should see huge government investment not just be left to rot. He has been a lifelong advocate of power and money being devolved to the regions so that they can make their own spending decisions. She ignored him. He was also fiercely pro-EU too.

Actually… if you study his opinions, it’s amazing to think he was ever a member of a Thatcher government. He didn’t seem to agree with much that she did.

In fact he doesn’t even fit in anywhere in the present Tory party. At the last election he was very clear that he had voted Lib Dem, and subsequently had the whip withdrawn. He’s absolutely scathing about Boris Johnson and his Brexiteer chums

fingerbang
    Free Member

he looks increasingly unhinged;

There might be something in that

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53081022

“It’s clear now that this virus does cause problems in the brain whereas initially we thought it was all about the lungs. ”

Fair enough, the escaped mental patient look and demeanour owes a lot to his lockdown haircut (I suspect he was welcomed the opportunity or excuse to go full Einstein or Doc Emmett brown)

But I meant pre covid too. He’s a weirdo. Remember the deeply strange gestures and hand movements he was making in that joint presser with leo varadker – like Elisa Lam/ the girl in the lift, the handcrafted buses, the football tackle that had Richard Ashcroft peeing himself in the background etc

His natural home is soda hosing booze dressed up in a toga and lighting fifty pound notes in front of the homeless, not leading a government

DezB
    Free Member

Marina Hyde is on form

Brilliant article.

binners

He’s presently looking as bumbling and useless as ever at PMQ’s, unsuccessfully trying to bluster his way through, yet again. There’s lots of finger jabbing and banging on the despatch box. He’s also blatantly lying, as usual.

He really doesn’t like interacting with grown ups, does he?

kelvin

‘What about the deaths?’

‘You should welcome the fact that we didn’t all die’

‘What about the jobs?’

‘You should welcome the fact that we are not all out of a job’

fasthaggis

Marina Hyde is on form

She always is,along with John Crace .
    Have a peep at the article that Binners linked.

martinhutch

Marina references that review of Johnson’s pitiful Churchill book.

Always worth a read:

https://www.newstatesman.com/books/2014/11/one-man-who-made-history-another-who-seems-just-make-it-boris-churchill

stick_man

Boris is at it again… not letting the truth get in the way of a good story

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-53276461

“The PM’s speech was pure fiction,” Craig Bennett, head of the Wildlife Trusts, which runs conservation projects and education projects, told the BBC. It may sound funny referring to newts, but actually it was rather sinister. In the environment movement we know referring to newts is a dog whistle to people on the right of his party who want environmental protections watered down.”

Lying little toad.

BillMC

When that NS review came out I don’t remember anyone else in the press putting the boot in. Shows what an easy ride they give him and I’m astonished that he didn’t even bother to get some RW historian to check over his dictation. Talk about too arrogant or thick (or both) to know your own limitations or maybe that’s what happens when you’ve spent a lifetime telling porkies on platforms and in newspapers, you just go on and do the same in books.

kelvin

And yet, he still gets to use the li(n)es…

‘We cannot edit our past’

‘to lie about our history’

‘We can’t photoshop our history’

BillMC

Probably a case of the publisher on the phone, again, lazy and hungover he gives a dictation.

dannyh
    Free Member

“The PM’s speech was pure fiction,” Craig Bennett, head of the Wildlife Trusts, which runs conservation projects and education projects, told the BBC. It may sound funny referring to newts, but actually it was rather sinister. In the environment movement we know referring to newts is a dog whistle to people on the right of his party who want environmental protections watered down.”

Nudge, nudge. We’re going to let developers rip up greenfield sites to stick closely packed oversized and max priced houses on them.

Affordability? Sustainability? Nah, **** that, we’re letting our mates trouser the profits and everything that comes after (overburdened school, negative equity, poorly built, crumbling infrastructure) will be someone else’s problem.

**** cynical shits.

BillMC

…and the building industry is renown for paying astronomical sums to its BoDs, how much of that will be taxpayers’ money?

ehrob

the newt reference is a complete lie, and indeed dog whistling of the highest order. the regs have been pretty much as they currently are since the early 80s. the failures in the provision of infrastructure of all types lies squarely with the management by governments past and present, it has nothing to do with newts, or any other ecological receptor. it also has absolutely nothing to do with the planning system, despite what cummings has been bleating on about. the planning system definitely isn’t perfect, but it isn’t the problem here.

more importantly, this is already being framed as a choice between development and sustainability. the idea that this is a choice is also a lie. we need both, and it can be done, but big changes are needed. in my view, the conservative party (and more than likely some politicians in other parties) will do everything within their power to prevent these changes from happening, as such changes will require future decisions to be made for the greater good, rather than the enrichment of themselves, and those who bankroll them.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

So, to nobody’s surprise, Boris…

…doesn’t research any facts to write a “history” book

and

…doesn’t research any facts to make a speech about how environmentalists can just go ahem themselves and we should build houses everywhere, millions of the ahems.

We had a housing estate built several years back in ‘the village’. They had an ongoing newt count thing whist the construction went ahead, but the estate was never held up by the wildlife survey.

crazy-legs

He’s just been on LBC convincing everyone that No Deal is actually a good thing.

I suspect a revival of the No Deal is better than a bad deal mantra. Selling it to the public, blaming the EU / Remoaners, bit of distraction over here while his Dad **** off to his holiday home in Greece via Bulgaria to get round those minor travel restrictions that are only for plebs….

fasthaggis

I suspect a revival of the No Deal is better than a bad deal mantra. Selling it to the public, blaming the EU / Remoaners,

Yup,and selling it to the pleps after they have been beat down by Covid,perfect timing.
    At least we are’all in it together‘. 🙁

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Eye Test Bummings and Senior Moments Johnson are not in it together with us.

The contempt with which this government holds us may yet come back to haunt them. One can hope. They’ve certainly given ammunition to their opponents.

Klunk
    Free Member

will today’s lectern have

DRINK DRINK DRINK on it ?

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

I’m hoping for

****, ARSE, GIRLS

Maybe they could jolly it up a bit with some colours, and make the writing look even more like a box of Daz than the Build Build Build one.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

what, I can’t quote father jack!?

somafunk

No f-e-c-k-s allowed on here, down with that sort of thing.

I got a fortnight ban a few years ago for using f-e-c-k, despite it being used on national radio/tv.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

what about feckless morons, can I say that?

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Apparently I can.

What about feckle?

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Well that’s ok. I can at least state than Johnson is a feckless moron who feckles.

13thfloormonk

No fupping way!

fasthaggis

I have just put in a bid to build some of these new air bridges.
    Never worked in this sector before,but I tell you what,these sky hooks are not cheap.

willard

Wait till you have to put in a vertical support and try to get a long weight for your plumb lines… it will take ages for them to get to site.

fasthaggis

I hear ya willard,would a long stand work?

willard

Northwind

fasthaggis

I have just put in a bid to build some of these new air bridges.
    Never worked in this sector before,but I tell you what,these sky hooks are not cheap.

TBH the biggest challenge with air bridges is they take bloody ages to inflate

mrchrispy

naaaa, government has been producing hot air for over a decade now.

martinhutch

No fupping way!

crazy-legs

Closely followed by “well we warned you to be careful but now there’s a massive second spike so you’re all in lockdown again”

frankconway

The grade A clown is becoming increasingly incoherent and incomprehensible in his public appearances – with Nick Ferrari on LBC this morning and then his presser.
    Let’s hope it’s nothing trivial.

dannyh
    Free Member

The grade A clown is becoming increasingly incoherent and incomprehensible in his public appearances – with Nick Ferrari on LBC this morning and then his presser.
    Let’s hope it’s nothing trivial.

A sort of hybrid of Zippy from Rainbow, Mr Toad from Wind in the Willows and Rowley Birkin. With none of the redeeming qualities of any of them.

crazy-legs

Interesting thread for the more conspiracy-minded amongst us…

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

‘The Bozo defence’ is ‘why would any reasonable person believe me?’

Viewing 40 posts - 2,001 through 2,040 (of 17,659 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.