• This topic has 17,658 replies, 680 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Klunk.
Viewing 40 posts - 15,441 through 15,480 (of 17,659 total)
  • Boris Johnson!
  • Houns

MP on BBC News just now “He got us through Brexit” no he didn’t, we’re still going through it and will continue to do so for decades to come until we rejoin

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

It’s a sad day when it comes to this but

I bloody hope Gove gets it to be honest. Gove for PM!

kelvin

TBH if he were the next PM labour would have a major problem.

Oh… make that happen… please. I’ve long considered a Labour majority government a pipe dream in the current day UK… but Gove could actually make it happen.

StirlingCrispin

Finally: Clownfall.

finbar
    Free Member

Zahawi’s and Donelan’s resignation letters are both total BS. “I’ll take the post of Exchequer/SoS for Education, provding you resign”? Er. okay…. so why take them if there will be a new PM appointing a new cabinet imminently?

I wonder if they’ll draw a salary for the ~18 hours in post?

Dickyboy

My only hope is that Boris is intensely bitter about the way he’s been ousted, takes it out on the Conservative party and takes it to his grave. On siding with the brexiteers fot his own personal gain he has right royally **** this country.

fazzini

Mad Nadz 😂

Klunk
    Free Member

don’t think they want him hanging around like a bad odour 😀

dissonance

Zahawi’s and Donelan’s resignation letters are both total BS.

Zahawi didnt resign. He just basically said “thanks for the job. Now can you go so I can have yours?”
    Who knows what went through Donelans mind though. I guess didnt see the way the wind was blowing and thought he would be hanging on.

finbar
    Free Member

Fair point. MD is normally quite a canny operator, it is a puzzle.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Here’s a thought, Boris obviously going to try and play for a dignified step down while the Tory rebrand and English collective memory reset happens…. If they don’t allow that, does that mean Dominic Raab will be PM for the next 3 months? 😄😄

lamp
    Free Member

@houns re Brexit – spot on. As a business owner that imports and exports, i can categorically tell you that Brexit has NOT worked and is strangling the economy. There have been precisely zero benefits that i am aware of. Boris and his clan have made a balls of this country (albeit started by Cameron) and now he should be held to account.

kilo

I wonder if that visit from Dorries was the final blow.

It’s nice that Johnson is now on the receiving end of something that’s hard for him to swallow.

Harry_the_Spider

That went straight over my head

He’s under a lot of pressure.

binners

It seems like pretty much nobody is happy about Boris loitering around until October as some kind of ‘caretaker’. The title in itself is ludicrous

Can’t see it happening

kelvin

Boris and his clan have made a balls of this country (albeit started by Cameron) and now he should be held to account.

Boris Johnson Broke Britain.

But he’ll never really be held to account. He’ll live a comfortable well-off life, with a series of wifes. The attention and validation he wants will carry on, they’ll always be Johnson fans as long as he lives. Him and them against the system (even when they are the system). I suspect he’ll earn more in his first year after being PM than any of us will in our lifetimes.

mattyfez

@binners

It seems like pretty much nobody is happy about Boris loitering around until October as some kind of ‘caretaker’. The title in itself is ludicrous

Can’t see it happening

As I said ealrier, it wouldn’t supprise me if teh 1922 go ahead with thier plan on Monday to change the rules to allow another internal tory VONC, and then hold another VONC.
    He doesnt have a functional cabinate at the moment, so something will have to happen.

tjagain

Not Gove!

Anither onw to fond of colum ias finest meaning polcy set according to his intake. Guaranteed boom and bust

MoreCashThanDash

I wonder if that visit from Dorries was the final blow

snigger

Her exact words….

gordimhor

At Last

I would like to withdraw my previous statement. I won’t believe that Boris the liar has gone until some other Tory is in number ten. The UK will continue along the same old lines

mattyfez

I wonder if that visit from Dorries was the final blow

snigger

Her exact words….

Boom Boom! 😀

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

so something will have to happen

Queen to ask SKS to form an interim govt? That would be hilarious, though I’ve little doubt the PLP would go into meltdown too.

johnjn2000

I suspect he’ll earn more in his first year after being PM than any of us will in our lifetimes.

Agreed, and this will be the sour after the sweetness of him going. Sucks ass but this is the world we live in where self serving thundercnut$ do better than hardworking good folk

martinhutch

Amazing that his admission yesterday that, as Foreign Secretary, he met a former senior KGB officer without any of his officials present, is just a barely-noticed ripple on the tide of shit.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Beeb reporting the 1922 deputy wasn’t Boris gone and rabb in place immediately.

Here’s where the chickens come home folks

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Genuinely terrifying realisation.

I’ve heard nothing at all of Big Nige in the last few days. Please someone tell me that’s because he’s died or something.

theotherjonv

Anither onw to fond of colum ias finest meaning polcy set according to his intake.

anyone else reading that in the voice of Officer Crabtree?

nickc

Amazing that his admission yesterday

Yeah, I spotted that as well, and it’s been all but ignored in the ongoing festival that is the “Boris Shit show” In any other lifetime, that admission alone should’ve seen him booted out. We’re nowt better than a banana republic, I can imagine Carrie steaming off the £800.00 a roll wallpaper as we speak.

mattyfez

Beeb reporting the 1922 deputy wasn’t Boris gone and rabb in place immediately.

Here’s where the chickens come home folks

Mother of god, is this Dominic ‘I didn’t realise that Dover was important for movement of goods’ Rabb? that one?

reluctantjumper

Just catching up as I’ve been working all morning. Bloody hell! He’s going to do the right thing!

Which begs the question: who has what on him to make this the only option?

Pretty bonkers thou Johnson’s government collapsing after one blokes boozy night out and not even Johnson.

Didn’t see that one coming.

I had a feeling an outside infuence might be the final straw at some point, poor behaviour by Johnson isn’t unusual and has become the norm. Thought it would take more than a randy drunk minister though as there’s far too many of them!

kelvin

that admission alone should’ve seen him booted out

It was already well known (including within the FCO and wider CC)… and the ministers that claimed it didn’t happen, when, let’s be clear, they knew it did… they need to go as well. Yes, that includes Raab. They’ll claim they were just repeating “reassurances” by Johnson… but they knew the truth when they did so. Complicit in covering up Johnson’s behaviour as regards Russian connections. If Raab chooses to try and be PM, and makes the mistake of claiming that he didn’t know about Johnson’s solo dealings with an exKGB agent, he as it risk of a CC or ex-CC coming forward and making the truth plain.

mattyfez

Thought it would take more than a randy drunk minister though as there’s far too many of them!

If the randy drunk was quitelty demoted we wouldn’t be here, it more that boris new about it, promoted him, and then lied about it repeatedly.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

This is the rabb who, could for once have put his skills to use to do something useful and judo-thrown Boris out of the window of number 10 but couldn’t even manage that.

binners

It’s a relief to know that now Boris is gone, a few thousand racist pensioners in Eastbourne will get to decide who our next PM is

cultsdave
    Free Member

Being reported he is about to announce his new cabinet team?????????????????

martinhutch

I for one, cannot **** wait to see who he’s dredged up for it. How many headbangers has he dug up out of the Lords to prop it up?

hels
    Free Member

This is bonkers – announcing a new Cabinet team – is he trolling us?

I get a vote in the leadership – I joined the party six months ago for this very reason seeing that somebody else on here had done that. I also joined the labour party too for balance (very sure we can rely on them not sharing membership lists….)

dissonance

How many headbangers has he dug up out of the Lords to prop it up?

The one named so far is Greg Clark which is interesting since he is one of those who had the whip withdrawn for a while for not being sufficiently nutty about brexit.

fazzini

I can imagine Carrie steaming off the £800.00 a roll wallpaper as we speak.

Nah…Zac will have plenty for her to choose from

hels
    Free Member

I am also enjoying all the Ministers “I am not resigning as I am key to my department delivering” I think many many thousands of civil servants may disagree. I spoke to a friend in NI Civil Service who said they get loads more done without Ministers pet projects.

Viewing 40 posts - 15,441 through 15,480 (of 17,659 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.