• This topic has 17,658 replies, 680 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Klunk.
Viewing 40 posts - 7,841 through 7,880 (of 17,659 total)
  • Boris Johnson!
  • dantsw13

Old picture old story. It was a late night Labour zoom call. They had dinner whilst working & he had a beer.

binners

Operation Save Big Dog?

Dear god! He’s now gone full Gareth Cheeseman… you’re a tiger. GGGRRRRRRR!!!

maccruiskeen

Is there any legal means to have him executed for coming up with a plan in which he refers to himself as ‘big dog’

Leave him alone he’s trying his best

maccruiskeen

The great thing about being in  the Last Chance Saloon is they’re licensed to serve alcohol so you don’t need to bring your own fridge.

zippykona

Even the cave dwellers on a motorbike forum that I used to frequent think Dumbojo is a prick.
    Once you’ve lost the arseholes you are in trouble.

bigrich

How long until the hard of thinking realise the entire brexit campaign was bullshit?

falkirk-mark

But Andrew Bridgen, Conservative MP for North West Leicestershire, said: “I don’t need to see what Sue Gray says to know that for me Boris Johnson has lost the moral authority to lead the country.

“If there’s another emergency where he has to call on the public to make sacrifices, he doesn’t have that authority. That makes his position in my book, as prime minister, completely untenable.”

Well there you go I never thought I would agree with the likes of Andrew Bridgen, just shows how precarious his position is.

AD

My MP (Jenkinson) is pushing the ‘got Brexit done’ line hard and it’s all a remoaner (sic) plot.
    It’ll be interesting to see if that will work – it might in this area (Workington).

Binning plan B early would probably be a good populist move amongst the mouth breathers.

OT – the hateful bastard Jenkinson is also tweeting anti-trans shite this morning ‘its not possible to be born in wrong body’ (!). That’ll probably play well to his core voters ☹️

trailmonkey

How long until the hard of thinking realise the entire brexit campaign was bullshit?

it’s all a remoaner (sic) plot.

Part of the success of the Brexit Ultras turning a slim referendum win into an 80 seat majority landslide was the culture war narrative of “they’re calling you stupid”.

Now who’s taking who for stupid ?

inkster
    Free Member

“How long until the hard of thinking realise the entire brexit campaign was bullshit”

About a year. Ergo the discussion around who will replace Benny Hill. The knuckle daggers still have purchase within the Conservative party membership so will still demand a Brexit candidate. In a years time that’ll be different, things will have gone Soylent Green and the baying will be for a sensible figure like (C)Hunt.

So as much as I’d like to see Truss get the job (for the spectacle if nothing else) theres a possibility that she would be dumped in a year and someone sensible put in her place making it harder for Labour at the next GE.

I’d rather see Billionaire Rushi Sunak get the Job, more chance of him sticking the course in a damp squib fashion. The country will tire of him and I’d fancy Labour’s chances.

The short term benefit for the country (since we’re stuck with a Conservative government for a couple more years at least) would be that Sunak is less mad than Truss.

intheborders
    Free Member

My MP (Jenkinson) is pushing the ‘got Brexit done’ line hard and it’s all a remoaner (sic) plot.
    It’ll be interesting to see if that will work – it might in this area (Workington).

Is that because they think Brexit is done?

The short term benefit for the country (since we’re stuck with a Conservative government for a couple more years at least) would be that Sunak is less mad than Truss.

Is that a “do I want to be shot or stabbed” type question?

molgrips
    Free Member

If Sinai gets the job the fallout from Brexit will continue to make everything shitter, so by election time he might be tarnished which would be good for the opposition.

ThePilot
    Free Member

I’d like to see Mad Nad get the top job.
    Or that MP who was calling for the BBC to play the anthem every day when they stop broadcasting – which they don’t any more – to unite the country.
    I mean, we’re all going to hell in a handcart so why not strap in for the ride?

kimbers

Rees-Mogg for PM!!!!

crazy-legs

Rees-Mogg for PM!!!!

He gave one of his cringeworthy speeches on the House about how the Conservative party was honour-bound to support the Prime Minister.

Clearly he’d forgotten the moment when he sent a letter to the 1922 Committee calling for a VONC in Theresa May but you know, I’m sure that’s just a minor detail…

oldmanmtb2
    Free Member

Rushi is a Thatcherite, this will ho down well with the rank and file blue rinse brigade.

He will return to that style of government (small and low tax) he will be more comfortable in letting “things” fail he is after all like Thatcher probably a conviction politician.

Thing is he is not that sharp, we need to remember all he has done to date is write cheques with other people’s money.

It is also good to remember that he was a junior member of the team that started the run on Leemans Bank in 2008.

He is funded by his Father in Law, Rishi is not a cheap shit like Boris who needs a few quid from people to support his “habits” for Rishi this is all a much bigger desire for global power and influence with his Father in Laws hand up his arse.

If you think Boris has been bad for poor people then watch Rishi (like Thatcher) simply abandon parts of the economy.

We need to be careful about we wish for.

inkster
    Free Member

“Is that a “do I want to be shot or stabbed” type question?”

Stabbed please.

inkster
    Free Member

A fair analysis oldmanmtb2, but should he get in, I don’t think the billionaire is going to have a lot of ideological leeway. It’s crisis management from here on in and should he follow his predisposition for financial austerity then he will be toast come election time.

Whoever gets the job, they’ll be leaving the incoming administration with the biggest overdraught in history. The Tories might not even want to win the next election.

dovebiker

North of the border, we think BJ is doing a brilliant job for the IndyRef2 campaign so we’d like him to stay a little longer. He’s so toxic even Ruth the Mooth and Dougie3Jobs are trying to keep their distance.

oldmanmtb2
    Free Member

Interesting Inskter, the Tories probably now think the next election is going to be difficult to win regardless.

Rishi could be the interim axe man to reset the economy (in the Thatcher image) and then step back by losing the next election knowing labour probably wont be able to make progress in a 4 year window.

kimbers

How long before the revelations of coke & hookers in Downing St come out?

dudeofdoom

JimSue I’ll fix it.

I just have feeling that a Boris did everything within the rules won’t go down that well and is just a further continuation of the Paterson farce, the leaking of save big dog makes it worse if that’s how it plays out.

I think they’ll have to put someone in an interim fix.

dudeofdoom

Well look how long the parties took to come out, the next question should be why it’s took so long.

I think the public would be more forgiving of Coke & Hookers.

mattyfez

They were not hookers, they were unpaid interns on temp visas.

Poopscoop

dudeofdoom

Well look how long the parties took to come out, the next question should be why it’s took so long.

I think it had to be acknowledged that Cummings has played the long game very well. Yes, others might have known some details about the parties but either weren’t in a position to leak them or it wasn’t in their interest to. Dom has one simple agenda, maximise damage done to Boris and by extension Carrie.

I think many in government and elsewhere thought it would all be dished out in a matter of weeks or a few months but there has definitely been a long term plan to maximise this damage.

I suspect there is more than just parties the Tory’s need to worry about being leaked.

dissonance

I think it had to be acknowledged that Cummings has played the long game very well.

I think thats overrating him. Several of the stories which came out clearly arent from him since he or one of his acolytes is involved (its amusing seeing him go ohhh that one really was work honest guv). This latest one which he did lead on seems as much as anything an attempt to distract from the one immediately before where he was in the photo sitting at a table with Johnson and co.

dudeofdoom

Well it’s pretty obvious why they protected Dom Bernard Castle now 🙂

dudeofdoom

This latest one which he did lead on seems as much as anything an attempt to distract from the one immediately before where he was in the photo sitting at a table with Johnson and co.

Makes no difference hes’s already been sacked 🙂

MoreCashThanDash

They were not hookers, they were unpaid interns on temp visas.

That made me laugh.

frankconway

So the beer cooler that’s reported as being bought specifically for the ‘wine friday’ soirées has a capacity of 134 bottles.
    Lightweights.

grum
    Free Member

It seems to too risky to be purely a dead cat strategy but it is surely telling that in the week of the crime bill and the government being found to have illegally handed contracts to their mates all anyone is talking about is wine in suitcases and stupid dancing videos.

maccruiskeen

So the beer cooler that’s reported as being bought specifically for the ‘wine friday’ soirées has a capacity of 134 bottles.

Thats about the volume of one well fed human.

dissonance

I thought it was 34 or thereabouts? The picture of the one being delivered looked about that size eg being carried by one bloke without too much hassle.

Lightweights.

Even with 34 so long as there isnt too many people and you put in a new one each time should be okay even for a hard working press team. Once you have got through a couple of bottles each you arent likely to notice it isnt as finely chilled as it should be for a 67 Sauvignon Blanc.

inkster
    Free Member

I think this one is a recently exhumed cat.

The upside to all this is that the Tory toffs have had to their day but as you point out, in the meantime a crime bill co-sponsored by Vladimir Putin is going pretty much un-reported.

Pressure needs to be continuously applied to the Police because they’re not doing their job. I’ll give the Lib Dems credit for this but it needs to go somewhere. The one rule for them mantra needs to be framed in terms af a completely corrupt establishment. With all the mates contracts and police malfeasance we are treading a similar path to the US, the criminals are getting away with it.

Much chance of that happening? Probably not. Part of me thinks that the Government knows the way things are heading and is prepared to egg on civil disturbance so they can jump even more heavily onto the Lora Norda ticket, Their best strategy for winning another term might be to provoke more chaos on the streets, They could give this whole culture war thing one last stab….

kimbers

So who took a picture of Carrie at a nightclub & then sold it to the torygraph?

doris5000

Oof! According to the story, that’s a relatively minor transgression: it was September 2020; rule of 6, I think pubs were open so long as you stayed distanced.

But the Telegraph have gone as hard as they possibly can with it. Someone at the ST would appear to REALLY hate Carrie.

Poopscoop

Still getting my head around the Mail and Telegraph going after Boris, Carrie etc.

The Sun is just whistling and looking away (for reasons we know) leaving just the Express cheering for him. Hell, even the Spectator can’t be counted on.

Obviously their tack will change asap when it suites their pay masters but still… strange times.

FB-ATB

Maybe Boris leaked it to his mates at the Telegraph so he could cite it in a divorce, what with his buyers remorse comment!

Poopscoop

^^ lol, Evil sod you.😁

Viewing 40 posts - 7,841 through 7,880 (of 17,659 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.