• This topic has 17,658 replies, 680 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Klunk.
Viewing 40 posts - 7,801 through 7,840 (of 17,659 total)
  • Boris Johnson!
  • kimbers

kimbers

the police are investigating this

intheborders
    Free Member

Billionaire Rishi Sunak isn’t the answer for the Tories but he might be for the rest of us.

The rest of us?

Mate, I’ve these magic beans, want to buy one?

reluctantjumper

Betfair offering 7/1 that Johnson resigns by end of the week.

Not going to happen.

Theres no way on earth he’s going to resign

He is ALWAYS sacked

I fear this time he’s going to refuse to leave until they kick him out and that won’t happen for a while. He’s basically there until he’s taking the whole lot down with him which will destroy the country at the worst possible time. I know he’s not the one pulling the strings but without him as a figurehead while they elect a replacement there will be all sorts of unimaginable stuff happening in the background that will damage the country for a generation or more. I want him to go but I’m scared what will happen when he does!

molgrips
    Free Member

They want universal healthcare, they want help those more disadvantaged than themselves, they support women’s rights, they’re not racist

I have to say I disagree with this. There are many such people but I don’t even think they are in the majority.

ElShalimo

I’ve been working for US companies for 25yrs and met an awful lot of people from there. It’s a generalisation but California and the wider NY-Boston-Washington area are the more liberal areas with ideas more aligned to us Europeans. The rest varies from cowboy to redneck to racist to farmers. You really have to view it as 50 different countries with some similarities.

convert

I have to say I disagree with this. There are many such people but I don’t even think they are in the majority.

I would echo this. Just go and read Obama’s book. Not him just getting issues such as ‘Obamacare’ past congress and senate but the issues potential members of either congress or senate would have with the voters if they stated their favour for any of the above to the US electorate in many states.

But we digress – this thread is about Johnson and we are not exactly short of material to discuss on topic!!!

crazy-legs

On the other hand though, they have finally proven that they ARE capable of organising a piss-up! Maybe not in a brewery – perhaps that’s the next step along the road to competence…

hels
    Free Member

On some factual points:

It is an investigation by Cabinet Office – not an Inquiry (or an enquiry either)

A key aspect of the Civil Service Code is neutrality, they cannot be political. They support the government in power in that they do all the admin required to put government policy into practice.

kimbers

The Sue Gray inquiry is leaking like a sieve

hels
    Free Member

Again, not an inquiry!

frankconway

Kate Josephs has issued a statement only because she was approached by a journo who said – we have a story…

convert

The Sue Gray inquiry is leaking like a sieve

Surely this is just a Cummings slow drip (I feel dirty typing that).

falkirk-mark

We could have a sweep by picking a date and see tomorrow’s news when the next party was reported to have taken place.

tthew

Jebus, it’s be quicker to list the dates when the incumbents of No. 10 WEREN’T on the piss!

matt_outandabout

Why / who holds the police responsible for investigating and prosecuting clear breaches of law?

This sums up how public breaches were handled, yet our politicians, civil servants, journalists and more on the No10 gravy train remain un-investigated…

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/prince-philip-downing-street-hackney-party-lockdown-covid-rules-b976690.html

mrhoppy

Jebus, it’s be quicker to list the dates when the incumbents of No. 10 WEREN’T on the piss!

The NHS got applauded but it does feel like the hardest public sector workers through all this were the No. 10 caterers. They’ve put in an epic shift, running solidly for the last 2 years it seems.

MoreCashThanDash

This sums up how public breaches were handled, yet our politicians, civil servants, journalists and more on the No10 gravy train remain un-investigated…

While a fair point, plenty of parties and events weren’t prosecuted round here either.

kelvin

How is this not a parody….!?!

kimbers

Downing Street also denied this for months

They explicitly said at the time you couldn’t go to second homes

jamesoz

While a fair point, plenty of parties and events weren’t prosecuted round here either.

Possibly, however if I were to be caught breaking the law and it was all over the media, I’d expect to get my collar felt.

Or perhaps I could use the Moggy excuse that maybe the rules were a bit too strict, for whatever law I happen to be breaking.

finephilly
    Free Member

No way he will resign. If Labour start appealing directly to voters instead of arguing with an idiot, they will win the next GE easily.

bruneep

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-downing-street-partygate-b1993433.html

Boris Johnson is drawing up a list of officials to offer resignations over partygate in a bid to salvage his premiership, The Independent has learned.

Dubbed “Operation Save Big Dog” by the prime minister himself, the blueprint includes a drive to work out which heads should roll

kimbers

My work is boring

Coyote
    Free Member

I don’t want him to resign. I don’t want him to have the dignity of resignation. Imagine the speeches, the sycophancy from Dorries, Rees-Mogg, Raab, etc. No, I want him humiliated, ruined, and expelled from the House of ****. I’d like to say arrested but there is **** all chance of that with the Met in charge.

kimbers

I just want him to stay in now

How low can the tory vote sink?

Klunk
    Free Member

the tories have pinned their flag to the mast of the titanic, they deserve everything they get.

grum
    Free Member

Is there any legal means to have him executed for coming up with a plan in which he refers to himself as ‘big dog’ – a term I last heard used by Tim Westwood. The narcissism is off the scale.

bails

BJ needs to stay. At the moment he’s dragging the Tories down, if they replace him with Sunak or Hunt or anyone else then all of a sudden they’ll be back to being the sensible party that’s destined to govern.

crazy-legs

ctk
    Free Member

kimbers
    I just want him to stay in

Yep its making the Tories look terrible, the Met is looking pretty bad also.

Klunk
    Free Member

ffs last chance saloon, groundhog day.

kimbers

Apparently the expectation is that Sue Gray will let him off the hook

I’m not so sure that blindsided Sue will be so obliging

frankconway

Operation save big dog – johnsons words, apparently.
    F me sideways; he truly is a deluded, egocentric, arrogant, misguided pile of excrescence.
    A steaming turd of the highest order.
    Any attempt to throw civil servants under the bus will rebound badly as no-one has any loyalty to him.
    He is more toxic than anthrax.

airvent
    Free Member

Operation save big dog – johnsons words, apparently

Or a canary trap. Although by this point I’m not sure there’d be any point lol.

oldmanmtb2
    Free Member

Need to keep Big knob dog in office…

He will **** up again and again.

Poopscoop

Posted in Starmer thread but it crosses streams to a large degree.

Will this grain traction or be lost in the no10 noise?

frankconway

Noise.

Viewing 40 posts - 7,801 through 7,840 (of 17,659 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.