• This topic has 17,658 replies, 680 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Klunk.
Viewing 40 posts - 5,361 through 5,400 (of 17,659 total)
  • Boris Johnson!
  • ernielynch

You want liberals to vote for Johnson?

Yeah I thought that engaging with you was probably not a good idea Kelvin. I should have gone with my instinct but decided instead to give you the benefit of the doubt.

kelvin

What is your point? I’ll buy a pint for anyone else that can untangle it…

mefty
    Free Member

Middle class voters were more likely to vote for Johnson

Actually Johnson’s lead in the 2019 election over Labour was greater among C2DE voters (15%) than among ABC1 ones (10%).

mefty
    Free Member

My figures are based on the big yougov post election survey which is likely to be a far better reflection.

kelvin

Fair enough. BP vote being shown there is interesting as well.

—————

ipsos reporting by year is pretty enlightening…

https://researchbriefings.files.parliament.uk/documents/CBP-8749/CBP-8749.pdf (page 55)

Years

Klunk
    Free Member

willard

Those charts just seem to reinforce that pretty much everyone seems to like the message that the Tories are putting out, that you can be a bit racist, hate the foreigners, not GAS about Northern Ireland.

Is that how “most” of the UK identifies now, or just the bubble that this poll was taken it?

kelvin

Those charts just seem to reinforce that pretty much everyone seems to like the message that the Tories are putting out

Not everyone. In fact they indicate that most people (still) don’t.

ernielynch

Latest Westminster voting intention (12-13 Oct)

The ten percent lead for the Tories is bigger than it’s been for a while but support for the Tories doesn’t seem to have changed much.

41% isn’t that much more than 39%, which is the lowest it’s been for the Tories in over a month.

31% for Labour might represent no change from the last Yougov poll but it is significantly lower than Labour support in other recent polls.

No great surprise really when consider that the last time the Labour Leader made the headlines was a while back when he announced that in his opinion the next James Bond should be a woman.

dazh

No great surprise really when consider that the last time the Labour Leader made the headlines was a while back when he announced that in his opinion the next James Bond should be a woman.

Was that before or after he called for geronimo the alpaca to be killed? I can’t remember.

kelvin

Trying to work out which thread to put this one in… I suppose this is the key one, as it sums up Johnson…

willard

Wow. If that is not sticking the knife in, I don’t know what is.

MoreCashThanDash

Takes one to know one springs to mind

kelvin

Absolutely. Both narcissistic sociopaths. Both have “successfully” reshaped this country though, and got their time on the throne (or trestle table in the number ten rose garden).

grum
    Free Member

It’s a very good description though. I know someone IRL who fits it very well – they aren’t lying exactly it’s just that they don’t really know or care whether it’s true or not, they will just say whatever suits their purposes to get what they want. Similar superficial ‘charm’ also. Pretty classic sociopath/narcissist traits.

dazh

it’s just that they don’t really know or care whether it’s true or not, they will just say whatever suits their purposes to get what they want

Sounds like everyone on this forum who posts to these silly political threads. 😄

Pieface

So is this the start of the Rishi camp’s smear campaign? Yes he operated within the law by forming a Childcare support bubbble, but why did the story emerge now?

In Sumamry BoJo had a friend round last Christmas claiming she was part of a Childcare Support Bubble.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/oct/18/nimco-ali-christmas-stay-boris-carrie-johnson-covid-lockdown

MoreCashThanDash

BBC News – Budget 2021: Ministers pledge £500m to support young families
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59018031

Or SureStart as it used to be known, pre-austerity.

I remember MrsMC bring up till 3am on election night prepping a court report to get some kid taken in to care at a cost of hundreds of pounds a week, and saying that early intervention via SureStart would probably have prevented it, for much lower cost.

Bunch of **** idiots.

kelvin

Or SureStart as it used to be known, pre-austerity.

Some £82m will be given to 75 local authorities to fund the new family hubs

Shoe string budget? Or ready to blame local authorities for not delivering? SureStart budget was well over a £billion a year.

Anyway, closing SureStart centres damaged people’s lives and cost the country far more than was saved by closing them. They do need to return (the government can call them whatever they want if it saves them having to admit to the damage they’ve done), but they need to fund them properly. Done right, they save money.

MoreCashThanDash

Anyway, closing SureStart centres damaged people’s lives and cost the country far more than was saved by closing them. They do need to return (the government can call them whatever they want if it saves them having to admit to the damage they’ve done), but they need to fund them properly. Done right, they save money.

SureStart wasn’t always spent wisely – our affluent middle class village with its various mums and toddler groups, and a “proper” Surestart 2 miles away, really didn’t need one, but absolutely, invest in solving problems early before they become bigger, wider and more expensive problems

kelvin

That SureStart centre would probably be covering a far larger geographic area than one in a less affluent area though. And like many services, more people may need them in more deprived areas, but all areas have some people who need them.

BillMC

New Truss trade deal! We are now exporting Brown Windsor soup

kelvin

When do we let the leopards loose in number 10…?

Klunk
    Free Member

Johnson spotted @ cop26

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

I’m just been having a read of the BBC coverage of the COP26 summit.
    I don’t think I’ve ever believed anyone less than I believe Boris Johnson when he claims to give even the teeniest tiniest **** about climate change.

I despair for our future when we put it in the hands of self-serving clowns such as he.

Speeder

I’m just been having a read of the BBC coverage of the COP26 summit.
    I don’t think I’ve ever believed anyone less than I believe Boris Johnson when he claims to give even the teeniest tiniest **** about climate change.

I despair for our future when we put it in the hands of self-serving clowns such as he.

+1

What is he up to now? I don’t for 1 minute buy this new environment evangelist shtick. What’s he trying to cover up?

stumpyjon

He’s just having his 15 minutes of fame hosting it, he doesn’t believe in any of it (or anything else), the recent budget showed that, cutting tax on internal flights FFS.

somafunk

Boris wants something other than the Brexit shambles to be his legacy, so he’s waving the flag for global warming, other than that he couldn’t give a toss.

binners

He always does the same.

He tells any given group of people exactly what they want to hear, but it means absolutely nothing to him. He literally forgets them the second the words leave his lips and he’ll then happily stroll into another room and tell a different group of people the total opposite

BillMC

He appears to be maintaining the tradition of being on the lash in Glasgow and sleeping it off at the conference. If anyone wondered why his suits looked a bit slept in…

Harry_the_Spider

He needs rendering down into soap.

spekkie
    Free Member

I can’t believe he’ll be remembered for anything other than the things he’s already infamous for.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

He tells any given group of people exactly what they want to hear, but it means absolutely nothing to him. He literally forgets them the second the words leave his lips and he’ll then happily stroll into another room and tell a different group of people the total opposite

this

he is the boris johnson character performance artist, expert at reading the room

actually doing any of the stuff? who cares… his job as prime minister is to say things that the simple folk think are prime minister-y sorts of things to say, in order to get the prime minister re-elected.

binners

So the buffoon blusters through another one of his word-soup after-dinner speeches about his commitment to the environment and combatting climate change, then heads straight to the airport to fly by private jet back to London

Because he leads by example and a private jet is obviously the most environmentally friendly way to travel from Glasgow to London

13thfloormonk

Because he leads by example and a private jet is obviously the most environmentally friendly way to travel from Glasgow to London

To be fair though, I was reading an interview with an activist who had just flown in from Brazil, so self-awareness deficiency syndrome is not unique to delegates it seems

kelvin

an activist who had just flown in from Brazil

Should have got the train.

🤷🏻

kerley
    Free Member

Or a boat or maybe even swam for ultra eco points.

Klunk
    Free Member

private jet from Brazil, must of cost a fortune.

dyna-ti

He needs rendering down into soap.

bad idea, that would probably leave you with itchy skin, and the odour wouldn’t be too pleasant either.

Viewing 40 posts - 5,361 through 5,400 (of 17,659 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.