Home Forums Bike Forum Best way of mounting footpegs to my cargo bike..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Best way of mounting footpegs to my cargo bike..
  • DrP

I’ve got 2 pairs of these foot pegs (i didn’t pay this much!) waiting to be clamped to the rear rack tubing of my cargo bike (Kona Ute).
    Thing is, the diameter of the alu rack tubing is only about 12-15mm – far too small for the clamp of these foot pegs.

Also, i’d be worried about the clamping mechanism on teh pegs crushing teh tubing – i think they are meant for steel motorbike pipes!

Can anyone think of a ‘better’ clamping solution for me? I want something that ideally clamps the tubing with a ‘spread force’ to stop any crushing, or the pegs rotating… A bit like a stem faceplate I gues…??

Ta

DrP

nickjb
    Free Member

Would something like this do it: https://www.screwfix.com/p/tower-swa-cable-cleats-cc6-15mm-pack-of-25/45541 (or 13mm). Might not quite be strong enough, but you could make something the same but thicker by drilling a scrap of plastic sheet, maybe 25mm thick (or aluminium, but it would need to be two part to fit it). Or use those cable clips or metal P clips to bolt a metal plate to the rack (three fixings, triangulated) then bolt the peg to the plate

DrP

the ideal would be something like this:

But it’s all to do with teh tube size i guess…

DrP

EDIT – also needs to be a fully removable faceplate..

nedrapier

metal P clips to bolt a metal plate to the rack.

disc mount adapter?

downshep

I mounted BMX stunt pegs to my Ute using the side panels from a 3 piece Aldi rear carrier bolted via large P clips to the cargo frame on the Ute.

Easily strong enough for a large child. I’m 12 stone and they just about support me.

The tricky part was drilling out the bottom mount of the aldi carrier to take the large bolt that replicates a bike hub.

May have pics….

EDIT Yep, have pics but can’t send via here. Will message you with my email and send them that way.

DrP

I mounted BMX stunt pegs to my Ute using the side panels from a 3 piece Aldi rear carrier bolted via large P clips to the cargo frame on the Ute.

Easily strong enough for a large child. I’m 12 stone and they just about support me.

Sounds good..i’m struggling to picture it, so photos would be appreciated!!

It would be similar to teh BMX pegs, but I like the ones I have as they are able to flip up out the way!

DrP

lardman
    Free Member

Hiya- yes, there are better ones.
    I mounted some to my Yuba Mundo, which clamped to the regular frame tubes, AND flipped up when not needed.

Now, I’m nowhere near my shed, but they’re still in there somewhere. If you can wait a bit, I’ll dig em out and as I believe you’re local (brighton) you can have ‘em.

I got them from a dutch bike type company somewhere on the Interwebs.

I hate throwing good stuff away and I won’t use em again.

Pm me if interested.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Best way of mounting footpegs to my cargo bike..’ is closed to new replies.