• This topic has 405 replies, 226 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Mark.
Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 406 total)
  • A Direct Appeal From Singletrack
  • ChuckMorris
    Free Member

Hi,

I’ve signed up for the digital & print subscription; Should I be able to view past issues in the IOS Singletrack app?

I’ve logged-in to the app with my Singletrack credentials, also into PocketMags but it still wants me to pay for individual issues.

Mark

Back issues are accessed through the site here and our mag archive up there on the main menu.

Unfortunately back issues aren’t possible through the app, only issues going forward from the date you subscribe. The reason is we are charged for each download in the app by Pocketmags and if we opened up all back issues we’d make a loss on each subscription. The latest issue should be available to you now in the app.

Cheers

Mark

Cougar

A nice bit of feelgood news in trying times:

A forum user and lifetime subscriber recently approached STW’s subs department to ask if they could add a second lifetime subscription to their account in order to support the site. This seemingly isn’t possible because Reasons, so they’ve instead asked to donate a subscription to another user of our choosing. We’ve nominated someone who we felt has had a bit of a shit time of late and they’re now the proud owner of a gifted lifetime subscription courtesy of an anonymous benevolent donor.

Some people can be just lovely. Thank you, whoever you are (we mods don’t know who it is either).

ElVino

I have a suggestion and it possibly has been made already in previous pages, the last time you had a call for support I upgraded my sub from Digital to Print & digital, could you also add a further option to include the Coffee? Some people might be happy to to pick the best subscription and even if they don’t want coffee offering 3 option – Good / Better / Best is a proven technique to move people up one level from what they might otherwise choose.

colin9

The BBC suggest coffee prices are about to shoot up due to increased movement restrictions in South America – better sign up now!

Cougar

could you also add a further option to include the Coffee?

You could hypothetically have the coffee on subscription, even (or is that what you meant?). Though you’d need guaranteed stock levels to be able to offer that option.

ElVino

Coffee & Mag Sub

ou could hypothetically have the coffee on subscription, even (or is that what you meant?). Though you’d need guaranteed stock levels to be able to offer that option.

There is already a coffee and mag sub it is just accessed separately and not available as an upgrade to your existing sub. I could cancel and resubscribe I guess but otherwise more difficult to view and access

grtdkad

they’re now the proud owner of a gifted lifetime subscription courtesy of an anonymous benevolent donor.
    Some people can be just lovely

That’s pretty amazing.

tomhoward

Woo! Got a package from singletrack this morning! Bit disappointed to find there was nothing in it though…

Cougar

There is already a coffee and mag sub it is just accessed separately and not available as an upgrade to your existing sub. I could cancel and resubscribe I guess but otherwise more difficult to view and access

I’ve flagged this up. There are plans to make this an option but it’s a way down the pipeline. In the meantime if you email subs@singletrackworld.com Zoe has said she’ll sort it out for you.

avondale
    Free Member

Subscribed today. Love your attitude of grattitude !

dirkpitt74

My bamboo mug and Smoove arrived today – thanks guys.

reluctantjumper

Mug arrived today, it’s a bit of a heffer but in a good way 🤣

Also think I got my money’s worth out of the amount of bubble wrap used to protect it, it was like a bloody pass-the-parcel getting to it!

dissonance

Bit disappointed to find there was nothing in it though…

Thats why I ordered a bell as well. Allowed me to find it. Now lets see if we get frost tomorrow as well so can try it properly.

Moses

Subscribed at last. It’s been a while since I gave you any money, for which I apologise.
    Thanks to all.

robowns
    Free Member

Donated – will also resub when I can.

Don’t forget to lean on the bank for gov support – they are effectively just passing through.

timbog160

My bobble hat arrived today, and it’s sweeeeeeet…and came in useful given the freezing wind!

MoreCashThanDash

T-shirt came today – feels lovely, and the weight I’ve lost since being at home means I can get into it!

tenfoot

Just ordered the green bamboo t shirt. Should go nicely under my black ST hoodie.

Poopscoop

Is the PayPal domain method still live?

I’m not buying bugger all bike stuff now so want to give a little bit of dosh as and when I can.

Keeping the mag and forum going are a selfish investment from my point of view.

Thanks for info as always guys.

bearnecessities

PP pool has run its brief course but the bottom of this page gives the opportunity for donations:

Donate

frankconway

Poops – see bearnecessities post about halfway down page 1. https://www.paypal.com/pools/c/8nws4bCVbK
    Wouldn’t it be great if some/all of the long-standing frequent ‘member’ posters showed some interest and supported STW?
    I have referred to them elsewhere as ‘free loaders’; in the current circumstances I would challenge anyone to dispute that.
    Won’t name and shame but….commenting on best seats for intercontinental flights, punmeisters – you know who you are.
    Some people are beyond shame.

onewheelgood

Won’t name and shame but….commenting on best seats for intercontinental flights, punmeisters – you know who you are.
    Some people are beyond shame.

How do you know what they have or haven’t done to support STW?

jimmy

I’m in for Coffee and Digickal subscription. And whoever bought a second lifetime subscription needs a cuddle (probably not from me though). Lovely stuff.

Mark

My original list outlines many ways everyone can help us and you don’t have to hand over actual cash to help. A lot of people are cash strapped and worse right now and I’m not comfortable asking for their money. Right now the presence or otherwise of a ‘P’ is no reflection on anyone’s level of support for us. Support us in the best way that still puts your own needs first. We are a media organisation that makes a living from bicycles. We know our place and it’s way down the pecking order when the world is in a crisis and lives are being lost. Support us if it suits you and you would like us to keep entertaining you and providing you with our services. If you are out of bog roll then for ****’s sake buy that first.

Stay safe everyone.

🙂

leffeboy

I think you might have a problem on your ‘donate’ page in both Chrome and Edge/Chrome.  The text colour on the credit card is white on a white background so it looks like it isn’t working.  Took me a little while to see what was happening

if you squint you can just see the start of a number (that isn’t my cc of course)

Cougar

Reported, ta.

maccruiskeen

As her government mandated daily exercise my gf threw herself in the sea this morning. Then texted afterwards to say that the bamboo cup is an excellent post swim beverage holder.

now to fit our dingle bells

stumpy01

My first EVER copy of the mag arrived today. Not opened it yet, as I’m supposed to be working.

I bet it’s more interesting than the only other magazine I get through the post; the one that comes as part of my subscription to the Institute of Engineering & Technology!

Looking forward to having a read later. Ta! And have a good weekend everybody!

33tango

Donated (P for a while now) – I’d be gutted if STW “had a turn”

For the donation, I had black text on a black background (I run a dark theme in Opera)

33tango

like this

Cougar

Yup, I’ve already spotted that (I use the dark theme also) and flagged it up, but thank you. It’s a third-party plugin rather than home-grown, I believe the guys are trying to unpick how it works.

leffeboy

I believe the guys are trying to unpick how it works.

I just overrode the CSS to turn the text black for me (regular theme).  Wonder if that is an option for them or it it’s gets upset by the regukar/dark theme stuff

Cougar

The CSS is a bit interesting I think.

33tango

I can list the plugins I run if that helps?

Cougar

No idea I’m afraid. But thanks.

33tango

The only plugin/extension I’m running on Opera Version:67.0.3575.115 on Windows 10 Enterprise 1903 is Opera Ad Blocker
    Its only a small UI issue and it certainly doesn’t prevent people from contributing

Poopscoop

Had a little issue using the Donate option but after a couple of attempts it went through, so persevere guys.👍

Chrome on Android here.

Harry_the_Spider

Belt just arrived. I’m rather impressed with it!

OwenP

Thought I could use a bobble hat too – no way this good weather is going to last 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 406 total)

The topic ‘A Direct Appeal From Singletrack’ is closed to new replies.