• This topic has 405 replies, 226 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Mark.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 406 total)
  • A Direct Appeal From Singletrack
  • vinnyeh

okcougar.

brakestoomuch

Hell’s teeth! I didn’t realise things looked that bad for you folks! For all your sakes (and ours), I sincerely hope you keep the lights on. The world would be a much duller place without the mag and the website; you write as if we’re your mates and it would feel like losing a friend. I’m off to order some beer. I’ll see if I can sneak a lifer membership past the better half.

flashpaul
    Free Member

Subscribed , I only ride road bikes now but happy to contribute

Mark

@RDL-82

Of those options the £2.50/month would be the best for us – thanks

Especially long term as the govt. announced that VAT would be scrapped on digital issues from December. Currently 20% of all digital subs is VAT while on print it’s 0%

RDL-82
    Free Member

@Mark

Of those options the £2.50/month would be the best for us – thanks

Done, I’ve got myself a ‘P’ again!
    Even resisted using the discount code which being a tight sod was a challenge in itself!

minley1
    Free Member

Subscribed, often browsing the site and forum.
    Thank you

mchillingworth
    Free Member

Couldn’t be without my subscription – or the woolly hat for that matter. Thank you to everyone that does so much.
    Mark Chillingworth

grizedaleforest

Already subscribed, but feel the need to do some shopping now! Good luck and shout out again if needed.

chakaping
    Free Member

Wasn’t even thinking of unsubscribing, but now you’ve mentioned it…

I will remain a happy customer and wish you the best of fortune in these testing times.

Try to sort out so it remembers we’re logged in though, eh?

😉

Cougar

@chakaping – Is that still a thing? Can you elaborate in the (other) sticky if so please?

peteimpreza

Already on the full fat subscription so I bought something from the shop instead

chakaping
    Free Member

It is for me on mobile @Cougar but I’m not really fussed, was just a gag to lighten the tone.

matt_outandabout

Thank you team_stw.
    You inspire me and, more mportantly, my kids to ride.
    Happy with my subscription. Really happy.

Cougar

It is for me on mobile Cougar but I’m not really fussed

I know. Point rather was, the team are bug-killing with a vengeance right now so it’d be good to get it on the list and we were specifically asked about this. OS / browser details would be helpful. (It’s Safari, isn’t it…)

jimmy

Subscriber here, no intention of cancelling. Will check out the PayPal pool – have been putting money elsewhere too so will keep tabs here.

On a slightly thinking sidewards note, you say post PSAs up… What about a thread just to post a link to something you’re buying, before you buy it. Then click it from the thread to buy. It’s not really disingenuous, it’s using the system, right?

ceramicmatt

Back on the bus again with a digital sub. Bought a back copy from the shop too. All the best guys in this ever changing situation. Matt

oldtennisshoes

By a bizarre twist of historical fate I actually have 2 subscriptions (don’t ask 🤦‍♂️) but I’ll not cancel either of them.
    Home working is hard enough. If I couldn’t read all the bollox and bickering on the forum life wouldn’t be as good.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

I’m not going anywhere. Had a scoot round the shop and coincidentally, realised I didn’t have a bright green T-shirt in my cupboard, so that’s now sorted thanks. Stay strong guys. You’re doing good things and we appreciate the comfort and community of STW now more than ever.

mos

I’m already a lifetime sub so ordered one of those natty camo hoodies instead.

dyls

Subscribed as well – look forward to the next shiny magazine.

frankconway

Mark, I think it’s disappointing that a large number of the most prolific posters on both forums are ‘members’ with no apparent interest in actively – financially – supporting STW.
    Look at the multiple coronavirus threads.
    I’m sure you know this.
    They may buy from the shop – I don’t know.
    Going further, quite a number of those posters have been ‘members’ for a long time.
    In a world without STW, what would they do? Migrate to Mumsnet or PistonHeads – or think ….shoud have done something to support them?

Rubber_Buccaneer

a large number of the most prolific posters

They aren’t real people, it’s forum AI to stir up a response.

frankconway

rubber – if I wasn’t cynical, I could refer to them as free-loaders.

donkeysled

Haven’t seen the whole thread but I hope ‘Richard ‘ is real…
    I’m a long time subscriber and just put a few extra beers in Richards pocket!
    Good luck STW

Kuco

Already a subscriber so ordered gravel book and Mug.

bearnecessities

Haven’t seen the whole thread but I hope ‘Richard ‘ is real…

Promise I am. I’ve had thousands in my PayPal before from when we raised funds for when an STWer lost everything to floods, and he got every penny.

Your scepticism is totally understandable though so happy to answer any questions by here or PM 🙂

Jerm

I’ve whitelisted in my adblocker but then realised that as a subscriber I don’t get ads anyway. Much as I don’t like ads perhaps having a few ads would help during the difficult times ahead. I’m sure everyone would understand.

tthew

As I’m a subscriber already, does whitelisting you on my ad-blocker bring additional benefits to you? I always assumed not as I don’t see external ad’s

winston2005

Hi sorry to hear this news.

Subscriber since 2011 no plans to unsubscribe.
    The subscription does seem very cheap given what you guys offer perhaps an increase would help.
    I will purchased in the shop when I get paid next week (sorry had loads of unexpected outgoings this month)

On another note,have guys ever though about putting all the routes you’ve ever published into one mag or book as a one off I would be very interested in something like that. Not sure how many routes you have probably enough for a couple of volumes?

Good Luck and Thanks
    Andrew

Mark

@tthew if you are a subscriber then we show you no ads at all so whitelisting won’t benefit us. You are all good. Thanks for being a subscriber 🙂

if there’s other independent websites you visit that rely on ads then do think of them and use that whitelist if you can.

Mark

I’ve whitelisted in my adblocker but then realised that as a subscriber I don’t get ads anyway. Much as I don’t like ads perhaps having a few ads would help during the difficult times ahead. I’m sure everyone would understand.

I don’t want to upset any subscribers, especially anyone who has specifically subscribed to get rid of the ads but I was thinking last week, while we ran the Rockshox direct campaign site takeover that it’s actually a shame subscribers don’t see it as I thought it was gorgeous. Maybe we could make it some kind of option for subscribers to see only those sorts of ads if they want to. Mind you I don’t want to put anything else on the plates of our two Devs right now or they might implode 🙂

Jerm

Mark,

That seems like a great idea.

rOcKeTdOg

Subscriber & just bought a small item from the shop. Good luck guys 🤞

Mark

Thanks Rocketdog 🙂

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Subscribed, turned ads back on. Will try to sneak some purchases if my contract at work gets renewed this week 😉

Seems a small price to pay for this brilliant place and considering the amount of time I’ve been freeloading on the forums – good luck to you all.

v8ninety

Subscribe already, so I’ve gone and bought the T-shirt. 😎👍🏼 All the best guys.

Cougar

Much as I don’t like ads perhaps having a few ads would help during the difficult times ahead. I’m sure everyone would understand.

🤣🤣🤣

You’re joking, right? If STW did that there’s a certain subset of users who would ring 999 about it. We had a Specialized promo a few of years back where the theme wallpaper was branded for a couple of weeks back (I’m guessing similar to the Rockshox one Mark just mentioned?) and toys weren’t just out of the pram but into low Earth orbit.

As I’m a subscriber already, does whitelisting you on my ad-blocker bring additional benefits to you?

Some ad blockers break the Classifieds, or at least used to, so there’s that.

Alex

I cancelled my subscription a few months ago as I wasn’t reading the mag, nor spending much time on the forum. Clearly times have moved on. Happy to subscribe again and will check out the shop when I get a min.

dirtyboy

Resubscribed

MoreCashThanDash

Finally given me a kick up the butt to get a t-shirt. Could see a mug and coffee as well maybe when back in stock…..

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 406 total)

The topic ‘A Direct Appeal From Singletrack’ is closed to new replies.