• This topic has 405 replies, 226 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Mark.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 406 total)
  • A Direct Appeal From Singletrack
  • Mark

Hi Singletrackers,

In the last few days we, like all small businesses have being trying to come to terms with the implications of the corona virus lockdown and how it’s going to affect everyone who works here at Singletrack and relies on a steady income. The shape of the impact is now slowly becoming clear and we, like all businesses are going to find it hard to keep things running. In the last few days we’ve inevitably lost a lot of future advertising bookings as those businesses themselves pull back on all their marketing activities. This is putting an intense strain on our future and so I’m appealing for your help.

We fully intend to keep on working to produce great content for you to occupy your lockdown time with and to keep the forum and website not only operating but, as was our plan all along, to build it into something really useful and entertaining beyond it’s current form – but with 60% of our entire revenue coming from advertising that’s at risk without your support.

If you are already a subscriber then we love you. In a very real sense you guys are keeping the lights on here. We just need more of you. I know that financial concerns are not just ours but also many of you and I’m not asking anyone to contribute in any way that puts themselves at risk. The key to getting through this crisis is be firstly looking after yourself and then those around you that are important to you. I appreciate that a website about mountain biking comes well down anyone’s list of priorities. But there are some things that everyone can do to help us, so I’ve made a list…

1 – If you can afford to then subscribe – that puts money directly in the bank for us.

2 – If you are already a subscriber, please don’t cancel your subscription if you can. We need you as much as new subscribers.

3 – Keep coming to the website as often as you can and if you have an ad blocker PLEASE either turn it off or whitelist us.

4 – If you see a bargain or deal anywhere on line that you think the rest of your community here may find useful then post a link to it in a forum post as a PSA type post. We earn a referral commission on a large proportion of outgoing links from the site and just by pointing someone at a deal could really help us.

5 – Keep posting and commenting and interacting with each other. High engagement helps drive others to the site through search engines and that in turn helps drive our business.

6 – Register. It’s free and it’s one step on the way to becoming a subscriber. Trust me, we have a spike in subscriptions shortly after we get a spike in registrations. You can’t subscribe without first registering.

7 – Our merchandise shop is fully operational and we are still sending out orders every week. Buying our kit not only helps us but the whole chain of supply down the line too.

7 – Look after yourself – stay well and look after each other. Without you we have no audience and without an audience we have no income.

8 – Don’t panic. This will be over at some point and we’ll all look back and have stories to tell the grandkids I’m sure.

———————-

Subscribe here!

Many, many thanks to @bearnecessities for setting up the Paypal donation pool. And of course to all those of you who put kind donation in to it.

EDIT edit:

Donate

Murray

Subscribed – best of luck

footflaps

Subscribed, best of luck!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bikebouy
    Free Member

Love & hugs to the hamsters 🤪

4130s0ul
    Free Member

Subscribed. I think many of us will be needing and appreciating all your efforts now more than ever so i’m glad to be able to pitch in while I can. all the best of luck

Trimix
    Free Member

Life without Singletrack would make “working from home” unbearable, so I shall be subscribing.

Mark

Thank you so much 🙂

AlexSimon

Wont unsubscribe 😉

All the best Mark and team!

Jordan

I won’t be unsubscribing, keep up the good work for as long as you can!

richmtb

Won’t unsubscribe either 😉

I’ll try and find a couple of PSAs

This place greatly helps with my sanity!

chriskimmett

Timber bell bought and ad-block disabled – if you guys can somehow add a wider range of stock to your site I’d be more than willing to support. Fingers crossed you make it through unscathed – wonderful publication.

hatter

Bought a bikepacking routes book, need some inspiration for when all this lunacy finally blows over.

Drac

Fantastic stuff guys. I’ve been friends with Chipps and Mark for almost 20 years now so really appreciate you supporting them.

honeybadgerx

I’m a singletracker for life so not sure I’ve even got an option to un-subscribe!!! 😂

Will see what I can justify buying from the shop…

funkmasterp

STW for life here too! I rely on this place for news, entertainment and advice. It must go on.

reluctantjumper

Active subscription – although you’re making me feel guilty as it was cheap in one of those sales you had a while back! – so seeing as I like collecting mugs I’ll see what’s in the shop, although that will have to be on payday next week so if you can keep the lights on ’till then please!!

bearnecessities

somehow add a wider range of stock to your site I’d be more than willing to support.

I’ve always wondered that, or a links page to retailers where they get the affiliate comission – just a big old alphabetical list where you can click buy from, rather than just going through TCB for 1% for eBay etc (that you invariably don’t care that much about).

footflaps

somehow add a wider range of stock to your site I’d be more than willing to support.

Problem is you have to tie up more cash in stock some of which won’t sell etc, so there’s a balance etc.

kelvin

Hits the shop…

dirkpitt74

I won’t be unsubscribing and will have a mooch in the shop.

As said above – WFH would be rubbish without STW lol

jimdubleyou

Just converted to lifer.

I’d have to find somewhere else to mooch about if this place didn’t exist…

jd13m
    Free Member

won’t be unsubscribing (and I’ll even try to post a bit more….)

failedengineer

Subscribed. Feel bad now for not doing it before …..

Philby

Subscribed – as Failedengineer says I should have done it before.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Is there anyway of donating without buying anything? I’d be lost without this place.

thepurist

Just read this and will re-enable my P ads on my laptop. Not that I visit while working of course…. And if anyone wants to post a PSA about a bargain deal on gx Eagle chains or old style xt/slx pads then I’ll buy through them.

bearnecessities

Is there anyway of donating without buying anything?

Thought the same so I’ve set up a Paypal Pool for people to donate:

https://paypal.me/pools/c/8nws4bCVbK

I ran the same when we raised over £3k for FFJA in the floods last year, and I promise he got every penny 🙂

You pay no fees and every penny goes to the cause.

jeffl

Whitelisted on the and blocker. Already a P member.

FB-ATB

Life without Singletrack would make “working from home” unbearable, so I shall be subscribing.

It also applies at the office!

wool

Its a no brainer.

oldfart

Been subscribing since Chipps had hair 😁 even had the “pleasure” 🤔 of riding with him 😜 and had my fizzog in the mag 🤣 made me so famous I was recognised grocery shopping in Whistler 🙄so for that reason alone I ain’t going anywhere any time soon #inforthelonghaul Peace and love lads and lasses ♥️♥️♥️we’ll get through this 💪

PiknMix
    Free Member

Thought the same so I’ve set up a Paypal Pool:

Nice one, donated.

cchris2lou

Just done it.

Best of luck guys.

Trimix
    Free Member

Im now looking forward to my magazine 🙂

ampthill

Every issue bought on subscription. All the best

RustySpanner

If you put the ‘u’ back in favourite I’ll drop off some Cornish heavy cake. 🙂

Mark

Oooh I’ve only just spotted that. Jeez! That’s awful.

That’s on the list.

Thanks so much everyone who has subscribed today or bought or donated. It means a great deal to all of us.

Stay safe everyone.

leffeboy

no chance of unsubscribing.  This is exactly when you need this sort of group.  Very happy not to get the mag for a few issues either.  Would rather this kept running

househusband
    Free Member

Just checked… subscriber since issue 16, 2004 – and I still have ’em all.

ctk
    Free Member

Belt, T-shirt and subscription. Best of luck.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 406 total)

The topic ‘A Direct Appeal From Singletrack’ is closed to new replies.