• This topic has 7,395 replies, 232 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by WillH.
Viewing 40 posts - 5,041 through 5,080 (of 7,396 total)
  • 2015-16 rugby, world cup year
  • mindmap3
    Free Member

That’s 80 minutes of my life wasted, what a terrible game…France were woeful. They have no idea and luck clueless other than trucking it up through the big lads. Wales didn’t look great, but I thought Willisms looked good at fullback.

Some of what EJ has said had very much been taken out of context by the press when you see videos. Targeting a 10….who’d have thought of that? I quite like sine of the guff that he spouts especially when the press go nuts for it. He knows what he’s doing. His attitude to the press interviewing Itoje is interesting and no bad thing given how they love yo build players up and then smash them apart.

onehundredthidiot

Don’t understand Barnes he used to be OK but tonight was just bad. Wales lucky not to be down to 14. To aid there were two incidents, we/he only looks at one.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@aa well you must have a very good memory as that era was 10 or more years ago.

One of those games where the pre-match beers where a highlght and the day peaked at the National Anthems.

dantsw13

Well, Eng v Ire had better be a good game. I’m in Seattle, and it’s a 9AM start, with a $20 cover charge at the Irish bar. I’ve had to abandon my bike ride due to the early start, and I can’t drink as I’m flying home tomorrow night.

anagallis_arvensis

@aa well you must have a very good memory as that era was 10 or more years ago.

Growing up in the 80’s and 90’s I got a lot of opportunities to watch Wales lose to France.
    We didnt all startvwatching rugby in 2003 you know!!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Growing up in the 70s I got lots of opportunities to watch Wales win everything and thrash England all the time 😉

The silver lining was having a welsh international coach our team in those days. He even bought Jeff Squire a long with his new automatic scrum machine, which hurt like hell when you were only a school front row!!!

Now where are all the mini-clips of head rolls and yellow card incidents this morning!! 😉

Dan, early morning eyes, so read Seattle as Settle which made it all rather surreal!! 😀

thegreatape
    Free Member

James O’Connor rumoured to have suffered a heart attack after a game!

Some Facebook comment or tweet from him along the lines of ‘no heart attack, just exhaustion’ everything’s fine’.

onehundredthidiot

Lydiate’s chop tackle is really just trying to break ankle with a shoulder.

French captain should have been man of the match he had a great game.

anagallis_arvensis

Lydiate’s chop tackle is really just trying to break ankle with a shoulder.

**** hell have you ever played the game? Its how I wasvtaught to tackle when I was 10.

surfer
    Free Member

Meanwhile in other news Peter Pan resigns for Sale.
    Somebody said for years you hoped somebody would “stiff arm” Stringer but I find him far less annoying know when viewed from the South Stand 🙂

Peter Stringer

wrecker
    Free Member

Massive mistake by Bath letting him go. He’s still excellent, fair play to him!

Kryton57

**** hell have you ever played the game? Its how I wasvtaught to tackle when I was 10.

How bizarre, most people are taught shoulder to hip, and slide the arms down.

onehundredthidiot

a_a yep no one was ever taught that for all sorts of reasons.

anagallis_arvensis

Well I was taught to take them as low as possible. Have we seen any injuries from tackling low? Much better than hiiting as hard as possible in the chest. What the hell do you want the game to look like if a good low tackle is illegal you bunch of pansies

DanW
    Free Member

We were always taught to tackle thighs at Minis unless there’s a Megafatty on the other team in which case ankles. Nothing crazy there.

Watch any team defend their try line. One player goes so low they are either crawling on the floor or rolling in to the attacker while others go high to dominate the tackle. See how many arms get wrapped in that kind of scenario. It is day in day out tactics (whether legal or not).

Granted Lydiate’s was a bit blatant and he should have made more attempt to tackle but he is far from the only one tackling super low.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Surfer – its a pleasure watching Stringer 😀 the South Stand, I’m on my way there now. Just hoping last week’s game was a blip and we’re not going to get humped halfway to Wigan…

mindmap3
    Free Member

Well, Eng v Ire had better be a good game. I’m in Seattle, and it’s a 9AM start, with a $20 cover charge at the Irish bar. I’ve had to abandon my bike ride due to the early start, and I can’t drink as I’m flying home tomorrow night.

I can’t see it if I’m honest; it’s going to be attritional…like the 6N so far really. Everyone trying not to loose.

DanW
    Free Member

The Six Nations tag line should be “the long slog to prove who is the least sh1t team in the NH”

grahamt1980

It has been bloody awful to watch so far. I did like Brian moore and jiffy complaining about how crap a spectacle it was. Even more pointed as Brian moore was always a major proponent of stuff it up your jumper rugby

duckman

dantsw13 – Member
    Well, Eng v Ire had better be a good game. I’m in Seattle, and it’s a 9AM start, with a $20 cover charge

Once you muscle past the gag reflex and ignore the breaking of social convention, 9am is a perfectly OK time to drink.
    Almost noon and no predictions? Poor show!
    England by 7-10,Ireland are probably calling up Connacht players,they are so short.
    A penalty to decide who has a new stirring implement in the “weaker teams” match,either way,Italy to get the usual two try start in first 15 mins.

Kryton57

Eng V Ire I’d say a neutral 1st half possibly with Ireland 3 up at 40 mins, then England to come back and win by 10 in the 2nd half.

Billy V & Itoje to have a huge game, Farrell to get pinged for going direct & late on Sexton

Scotland to be more dire than they have been but to scrape through by 6-10.

Whats-his-face to laugh smugly at the 6N again and claim the AB’s would play them all of the face of the earth. Although, he’s probably right.

DezB
    Free Member

The bloody Brumbies would play them all off the park, let alone the ABs
    Scratch that – the Highlanders! 😛

dantsw13

Duckman – whilst I’d happily sup a nice local pale ale over breakfast, I’d better not as I’m actually flying the plane home tonight 😀

Predictions – I think Sco-Ita could be a great game – Scotland by 15 for me.

Eng – Ire. A kick and smash first half, 2-3 pens a piece at halftime. Second half to open up, Jamie George to score the winner for England.

It really is sleepless here in Seattle – awake since 2 AM and Lowells doesn’t open for breakfast until 6, so I’ll be talking s@@t on the Internet for a few hours yet!

wrecker
    Free Member

Following my slating of George Ford, I predict that he’ll play and absolute beauty of a game purely to spite me 😀

anagallis_arvensis

Granted Lydiate’s was a bit blatant and he should have made more attempt to tackle but he is far from the only one tackling super low.

True it was a pen as no arms, seemed like a technical offence rather than dangerous though. The one he got the card for last friday was worse but it seems to me people are trying to jump him and so he cant grab the legs which is illegal too. The incident in the world cup game when Brown shit out trying to rage at captain Sam was similar. The player being tackled tried to jump the tackle and that made things worse.

duckman

dantsw13 – Member
    Duckman – whilst I’d happily sup a nice local pale ale over breakfast, I’d better not as I’m actually flying the plane home tonight

Bloody health and safety gone mad.

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Wooden spoon decider about to kick off, come on Italy!!!

jambalaya
    Free Member

@aa a “technical” offense 5m from your line ? I was a bit surprised it wasn’t a yellow tbh, looked pretty cynical to me.

Off to pub to watch England Ireland, will be a different atmosphere Paris v Southampton 😉 Bloody freezing here too !

DanW
    Free Member

Who was asking about Hogg?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Who is the team scoring tries?

DanW
    Free Member

One for the refs… Was that really taken back in to the 22? Feet in the 22 and reaching over to pick up the ball. If you catch the ball with a foot in touch then it’s out of play and if you have a foot over the try line and dot it down then it’s a 22 dropout non? So why not for the “carried back in to the 22” law or did the officials just get it wrong?

olddog

I think the officials got it wrong.

Good game from a neutral perspective. I think the defence on both sides is slightly less good which allows more gainline breaks. Bit of good handling and some good tries. Better than the yawn fest last night.

dantsw13

Squeaky last 10 for Scotland!!

dantsw13

Too many changes by Italy – totally lost their shape.

Tom-B
    Free Member

**** hell…..Scotland win a 6N’s game 😯 …..and they play Italy another 3 times before the next RWC to try and beat the last win total 😆

ferrals
    Free Member

Long time coming. Very dusty in my lounge. Some nice play, but still some schoolboy errors. I’m not complaining though!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Well done Scotland and good effort Italy – despite all the silly penalties

And no Andy Nicol, thanks ITV

Why start with sexton and whiplash story? Boring.

dantsw13

Good game – plenty of drama, and my first prediction accurate, so fingers crossed for my second one!

I seem to be the lone Englishman in an Irish bar, but a wardrobe malfunction sees me wearing emerald green 😯

duckman

What were the odds on an England grand slam at the start of the 6n? I don’t gamble, but am curious. I assume the bookies had Ireland.

wrecker
    Free Member

Dreadful call by the ref. That’s the second dodgy pen he’s given against england.

Viewing 40 posts - 5,041 through 5,080 (of 7,396 total)

The topic ‘2015-16 rugby, world cup year’ is closed to new replies.