• This topic has 7,395 replies, 232 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by WillH.
Viewing 40 posts - 7,321 through 7,360 (of 7,396 total)
  • 2015-16 rugby, world cup year
  • namastebuzz
    Free Member

Rubbish, it should be the original English rugby brand, Gilbert.

Yeah that would probably be better – doesn’t have the same 70s kitsch though….

mefty
    Free Member

Admiral have come back in Cricket and are big in US soccer.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Admiral have come back in Cricket and are big in US soccer.

Yeah I noticed that. Good for them.

The Webb Ellis brand, which started in 2003, seem to be doing really well in Argentina. Bizarrely.

mefty
    Free Member

The Webb Ellis brand, which started in 2003, seem to be doing really well in Argentina. Bizarrely.

I have never heard of it but Les Cusworth is very involved in Argentinian rugby – has a Argentinian wife – so I wonder if it is run by a contact/friend of his. It seems to be very West Midlands focused.

anagallis_arvensis

So tomorrow is this threads last day!
    Come on wales lets end it with a once in 60 years result!

IdleJon

Ardie is pretty bloody good! When I first saw him play, the speed and agility of his running had me thinking he was a winger, but he can clearly handle the grunt work too. Quite a thing to opt not to go to the olympics for a chance with the AB’s too.

Lovely player. I just have a major problem with his facial hair and hairdo itself. Fascinating. But maybe that’s what distracts the opposition? 😆

DanW
    Free Member

I think if you can keep up with him long enough to be distracted by the hairdo then you are doing pretty darn well 🙂 The closest we get is someone like Tips but Ardie has had the full on AB super charging to take it to the next level. Frightening really the player he could become with even more experience

DezB
    Free Member

Jeez, Ben Smith is on fire this morning. I always think he looks like an accountant, but is an incredible rugby player.

sprocker
    Free Member

Him and Dagg are flying !!!

allthepies
    Free Member

Wales are getting hammered here.

DanW
    Free Member

Not really a surprise…

DezB
    Free Member

Nope. The only surprise for me was Julian Savea, thought he’d have a better game.
    Dag almost apologised to Liam after scoring then!

mikey74
    Free Member

Is there anywhere to stream the England game?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Legally?
    Sky
    If you can spoof IP
    http://tenplay.com.au/
    There will as always be hundreds of pop up filled links if you look

mikey74
    Free Member

Don’t have Sky sports.

mikey74
    Free Member

Ah! That last one is working. Thanks.

DezB
    Free Member

Well, well. I’m so pleased to see Ford passing and running instead of just hoofing up a bomb every time, like he did last week. Lovely stuff so far.

Don’t let em score though eh?!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Great positive start.

Strange the local commentator saying England can play differently as they have nothing to lose 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well this is a hell of a good game to watch 🙂 Great way to finish the series

DezB
    Free Member

Certainly is! Both teams really want it. Nice n niggly too 🙂

Kryton57

Great game, but nervous times!

DanW
    Free Member

Great game so far. Always fun to watch to fairly evenly matched teams knock lumps out of each other 🙂

Haskell is missed but credit to EJ for an early substitution. It is a bit “un-rugby” but it seems to be working for England. The difference between the teams is the quality of the place kicking really and I expect that to be the difference to the end where England come away with the win.

Oh, and is anyone else sick of the commentators trying their best to jinx every Australian shot at goal? They don’t need to- Foley is more than capable of missing by himself!

DezB
    Free Member

Haskell is missed but credit to EJ for an early substitution. It is a bit “un-rugby

Love how unsentimental he is about making substitutions. Harrison looked out of his depth, so “off ya go”! Atoje is great at flanker, so its worked.

Who’d be an inside centre ? both teams playing 10s at 12.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

all square, money is on England to finish stronger for me

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Woof!!

DezB
    Free Member

Oh my god, what a yoyo match!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Good smart play from England there, Aussies looking well like England used to

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Great fun

DanW
    Free Member

Australia would have really helped themselves by letting Phipps play fewer minutes

Points difference at the end came down to Foley’s missed kicks too as predicted.

Cracking game though from the rest of the guys on the field.

Credit to England. Historic times

aracer
    Free Member

Whitewash (sorry Wales!)

DezB
    Free Member

What a great match. What a great win. Has it ever been so good to watch England? For years I used to have to pace up and down the room, not daring to look at the screen!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Boom

Well done England

DezB
    Free Member

Bring on the All Blacks! 😆

anagallis_arvensis

Great stuff from England

Kryton57

Woo hoo!

DezB
    Free Member

Feel a bit sorry for the Aussie players – back into getting hammered by NZers in the supers…!

aracer
    Free Member

Hold that thought – nope sorry, it’s passed

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Great win.

Still things to improve but we’re going the right way. Too many missed tackles and too much loss of control at times kept letting the Aussies back in.

If the whole side could tackle like JJ we’d be fine. He was immense defensively including stopping both Kuridrani and Naiyowhatshisname dead in their tracks.

We’re still not good enough to beat the ABs but we might get there yet.

Viewing 40 posts - 7,321 through 7,360 (of 7,396 total)

The topic ‘2015-16 rugby, world cup year’ is closed to new replies.