• This topic has 7,395 replies, 232 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by WillH.
Viewing 40 posts - 7,281 through 7,320 (of 7,396 total)
  • 2015-16 rugby, world cup year
  • duckman

Can’t believe the French season is still going on! Win the league and report back the following Monday for pre-season. Good to see HP back.

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

apparently both Ford and Farrell have been cited following Saturday’s triumph.

Here’s the photographic evidence – that’s a clear gouge from Ford and a straight arm from Farrell. dirty f%&*ers

😆 😉

Stoner
    Free Member

Danny Cipriani told a court he was ‘a bit miffed’ to fail a breathalyser test

Rugby ace was ‘miffed’ to fail breath test

Tom-B
    Free Member

I bet he was 😆

jambalaya
    Free Member

@duckman yes indeed and final in Barcelona due to Euro 2016 too ! Bummer as I was hoping to see the final and a lot of quality on show. Gutting for Clermont who had looked to have the game won. Highlights below

[video]http://youtu.be/b4WHXs_7PYg[/video]

[video]http://youtu.be/nd6QEybaBfE[/video]

Quite a few changes for 2016/17 Season. Both Armitage’s leaving Toulon along with Michalak. Trinh-Duc in (always felt he was a decent player who hasn’t had the run he deserved). POC retiring – haven’t seen him much perhaps injured ?

Transfers

jambalaya
    Free Member

@Stoner – my point is exactky regarding him. Back in the squad, man of the match, rwc coming up … what’s his responce. Lets go drink driving. The irony of ironies is he crashed into a taxi – a taxi is what he should have been in never mind the logic of sending the selectors a message by staying tea-total. I could of course google the image of the smashed fromt windscreen of the bus in Leeds after he decided he could “nip accross the road” whilst on the Otley Run (pub crawl)

Tom-B
    Free Member

I may be wrong, but Im pretty sure that POC announced his retirement pretty shortly after the RWC…..don’t think that he was ever going to fully recover from his injury.

duckman

Cheers Jamby, that’s my free period today sorted out…Mark essays or watch youtube…hmmm

DanW
    Free Member

I may be wrong, but Im pretty sure that POC announced his retirement pretty shortly after the RWC…..don’t think that he was ever going to fully recover from his injury.

Indeed

Trinh-Duc in (always felt he was a decent player who hasn’t had the run he deserved).

Allegedly increeeeeedibly difficult to stand off the pitch and more detrimental to a team than helpful

dantsw13

Just watching the highlights of Eng v Aus. Interestingly, the turf was only cutting up on the Aus side of the scrum, suggesting a real supremacy for us there. Had the pitch been fit for purpose they’d have been destroyed.

DanW
    Free Member

^ said that at the time 😉 🙂 Made the referees job pretty easy

wrecker
    Free Member

I’ll just leave this here 😉
    http://www.rugby.net/s/ga6PlO5ovVl

namastebuzz
    Free Member

I’ll just leave this here

Nick Phipps at no 3??????? How are those ratings computed then?

He was total pish in the 2nd test. If he’d played like Gareth Edwards in the 1st test then maybe it would average out – but he didn’t.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Just watching the U20 semi final.

England thrashing the little Boks. 31-3 at halftime. 😀

Looking like a final against Ireland who hammered Argentina in the first semi.

DanW
    Free Member

Ultimately it is meant to be a conversation starter, not a conversation ender.

I think passing a lot and playing quite a few minutes works in Phipps favour with the ranking system they used 😉

namastebuzz
    Free Member

I think passing a lot and playing quite a few minutes works in Phipps favour with the ranking system they used

Indeed.

THe computer obviously can’t differentiate between a pass to the ankles and a pass over the head.

jambalaya
    Free Member

After an evening of dinner with drinks, a visit to a club, a quick kip then a 4am breakfast with yet more drinks you take a taxi to get your car. A taxi to collect your car. How about a taxi home, get your car much later ?

Desperately sad really

wrecker
    Free Member

Jeez wrong side of bed Jamba?

dantsw13

I bumped into Danny Cipriani out on the booze in Denver Colorado playing for the Saxons 5/6 years ago. The next day he & a few others were sent home for breaking curfew. He definately needs to sort himself out rapidly.

anagallis_arvensis

New Zealand: Israel Dagg; Ben Smith, George Moala, Ryan Crotty, Julian Savea; Beauden Barrett, Aaron Smith; Joe Moody, Dane Coles, Charlie Faumuina, Brodie Retallick, Sam Whitelock, Jerome Kaino, Sam Cane, Kieran Read (capt).

Replacements: Codie Taylor, Wyatt Crockett, Ofa Tu’ungafasi, Luke Romano, Liam Squire, Tawera Kerr-Barlow, Lima Sopoaga, Waisake Naholo.

Wales: Rhys Patchell, Liam Williams, Jonathan Davies, Jamie Roberts, Hallam Amos, Dan Biggar, Rhys Webb, Rob Evans, Ken Owens, Tomas Francis, Luke Charteris, Alun Wyn Jones, Ross Moriarty, Sam Warburton (capt), Taulupe Faletau.

Replacements: Scott Baldwin, Aaron Jarvis, Samson Lee, Jake Ball, Ellis Jenkins, Gareth Davies, Rhys Priestland, Scott Williams.

anagallis_arvensis

So as we only have 1 decent tighthead prop and we’ve dropped him to the bench to start the fat sais and have jarvis on the bench too and he is a truly awful tight head who us presumeably covering loosehead.

DezB
    Free Member

I suspect Julian Savea will be out to prove a point. No Ardie? He’s a fabulous player.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

I think the ABs have Highlanders flanker Elliot Dixon at 6 with Kaino dropping out of the 23 as Hansen elects to look at some talent ahead of the RC.

It looks like 11 changes positional/personnel in the 23 but with no appreciable weakening of the side.

Highlights the lack of depth Wales have – a great starting XV but struggling a little once injuries take hold. Still, I think they’ve actually played really well and it’s been nice to see something other than Warrenball. Don’t think the third test will be any different but if Wales could hit enough purple patches then anything is possible….

anagallis_arvensis

great starting XV but struggling a little once injuries take hold.

Indeed, if all fit we have handy 23

1/2p Williams Davies, Roberts, North, Biggar,Webb, Jenkins, Owens, Lee, Charteris, AWJ, Lydiate, Warbs, Not Toby.

Evans, Baldwin, Francis, Tips/Moriarty, B Davies, G Davies, Priestland/Patchel, Williams

**** all depth at 1 or 8. Lydiates time may have come Moriarty adds a far better balance to the backrow. The rest is ok if we ignore the factvthat Jenkins is about 240 0000 years old.

wrecker
    Free Member
    deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Surprised to see Roberts playing.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Why do the Lions have to have their kit made by a NZ company? They’ll go down there with the subliminal message that NZ stuff is better. Why can’t they have kit made by a British or Irish firm?

Likewise for England – their kit is by Canterbury too. Why??

Just because Canterbury presumably offer more money doesn’t mean they should make the England shirts. The RFU have more money than the rest put together so it shouldn’t matter.

anagallis_arvensis

Why do the Lions have to have their kit made by a NZ company? They’ll go down there with the subliminal message that NZ stuff is better.

You’re over thinking it a bit imo. Ate you Clive Woodward?

wrecker
    Free Member

Just because Canterbury presumably offer more money doesn’t mean they should make the England shirts. The RFU have more money than the rest put together so it shouldn’t matter.

It was made by nike previously. All about the money and there are relatively few players. I understand it’s substantial.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

You’re over thinking it a bit imo. Are you Clive Woodward?

That’s SIR Clive to you! 😉

All about the money and there are relatively few players. I understand it’s substantial.

Yeah – I think it’s about £5 million per annum.

Actually, as it turns out, the HQ is now in Stockport – so it’s kinda British. 😳

DanW
    Free Member

So as we only have 1 decent tighthead prop and we’ve dropped him to the bench to start the fat sais and have jarvis on the bench too and he is a truly awful tight head who us presumeably covering loosehead.

How long do you give Francis before he runs out off puff? 10 minutes? Perfect player to face the AB’s!

J. Savea has been quite out of sorts so far this season, non? Ardie is pretty bloody good! When I first saw him play, the speed and agility of his running had me thinking he was a winger, but he can clearly handle the grunt work too. Quite a thing to opt not to go to the olympics for a chance with the AB’s too.

On the shirts and kits, as far as I am aware Adidas absolutely dominate the rugby market. I guess companies like Nike and Canterbury are throwing a ton of money at a few key things to try and change this but it is having little effect

mefty
    Free Member

Canterbury in UK is now owned by Pentland who own a whole load of brands includng Speedo, Berghaus etc. They are a UK company. Addidas dominate in New Zealand where they pretty much control all top players kit. Nike have pretty much stepped out of Rugby now.

Kryton57

England the same except Haskell injured. He’s been a stand out player, I hope the new bloke is decent.

duckman

You will like him. He is a wing forward’s wing forward.

wrecker
    Free Member

Hasn’t he played at 8 for a lot of the season? He’s more hask-esque than Clifford who is faster and more mobile (more of a traditional open side).

anagallis_arvensis

He’s a kiwi like the captain too!

andylaightscat
    Free Member

His father was English which makes him as well qualified to play for England as George North 🙂

jambalaya
    Free Member

Canterbury make nice kit although it is a bit bizarre to see their Kiwi logo on an England shirt

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Should be a proper British sportswear logo on our shirts:

mefty
    Free Member

Rubbish, it should be the original English rugby brand, Gilbert.

Viewing 40 posts - 7,281 through 7,320 (of 7,396 total)

The topic ‘2015-16 rugby, world cup year’ is closed to new replies.