• This topic has 7,395 replies, 232 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by WillH.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 7,396 total)
  • 2015-16 rugby, world cup year
  • DenDennis
    Free Member

after applying for literally every WC match I could, managed to get tickets in the residents ballot, so got a pair for each of:

Eng V Wales
    Aus V Wales
    and SF1

never been to WC match before so its gonna be great! 😀

anagallis_arvensis

Although I do remember England crucifying the Welsh scrum, pretty much being the same players last time around.

yes, you won a match well done. Shame blathering on about Warren losing his best forwards makes you cone across as a a typical no nothing England rugby bore who cant even remember the name of the opposition players.

Pigface
    Free Member

Well this has become tetchy very quickly 😆

wrecker
    Free Member

a_a; How do you think you’ll fair without Lee & JD2? I see T james is out, big loss? Is Hp fit and firing? He had a few niggles last year IIRC.
    Is Priestland in the squad? Bit confused about that.

anagallis_arvensis

Go Bokke!

Having sat and watched the wales SA game with my leg up after acl surgery I cannot believe deVilliers is back playing. It would take serious balls to get back on the pitch after his injury at all never mind so fast.

anagallis_arvensis

a_a; How do you think you’ll fair without Lee & JD2? I see T james is out, big loss? Is Hp fit and firing? He had a few niggles last year IIRC.
    Is Priestland in the squad? Bit confused about that.

Without Lee we are **** he’s the only decent tighthead in Wales, maybe this Francis guy from Exeter can step up but he looks very unfit and Cementhead loves fit players. Jarvis and Andrews are next and they are not pro level players.
    JD we can cope with as we have Scott Williams who is very good to come in. If either of him or Roberts get broken we are screwed. Worrying lack of depth at wing and full back and 10 (hence Priestland) also at 9, back row, loosehead and hooker!!! Our best 23 will give anyone a game but below that were ****!

anagallis_arvensis

Oh and Tom James wouldnt have made the squad anyway.

wrecker
    Free Member

Right, thanks. I don’t really understand the Priestland/Bath thing. I don’t really see the benefit for either party considering he’s not going to be available during international windows. Notable because it’s a major contributing factor in the Faletau deal collapsing.
    I didn’t know much about James but it seems he’s not a big loss (unless George or Alex get hurt!)

IdleJon

teamhurtmore – Member
    let the bickering commence.
    Why? This isn’t Wendy.

Hmmm….

Well this has become tetchy very quickly

😆 😆

(Tom James? Wtf, is it a slow news day? He’s barely been Welsh squad material since he was U20)

wrecker
    Free Member

(Tom James? Wtf, is it a slow news day? He’s barely been Welsh squad material since he was U20)

Just catching up! It seemed big news on the walesonline site!

Kryton57

It doesnt matter AA, at scrum time we are much stronger than you, it’s proven. And as you point out yourself, you have no depth. I conceded we are weaker on the ground.

I’m not looking stupid at all, just pointing out the bleedin’ obvious. I don’t feel the need to name names or use google to satisfy your testosterone levels.

Moving on then…

wrecker
    Free Member

Enough already!!!

anagallis_arvensis

You dont need to name the best forwards you said Warren had lost? Ok, forgive me if I dont take much notice of your valuable contributions. England are favourites because they are at home and are an improving side, wales have not improved. The wales side is very settled and Warren has not lost his best forwards he has just lost a tighthead who was way past his best and had become ineffectual under the new laws.

Wrecker, everything is BIG NEWS on walesonline, just wait till Big Gav plays a vame for Bristol!!

Kryton57

Enough already!!!

He can’t help himself :D. I’ll stop winding him up now.

Pigface
    Free Member

He can’t help himself

To be fair neither can you

wrecker
    Free Member

Ha! The Bristol team is going to be ridiculous next year!
    Henson, Peel, Evans, Jones, Lam, Morgan, Varndell, Lemi, Perenise (all current or ex internationals, some Lions) and all of the home grown talent plus Steve Borthwick coaching the forwards.

Pigface
    Free Member

Will they finally get promoted 😆 what are the odds?

The sugar daddy must have deep pockets as he funds Bristol City doesn’t he?

wrecker
    Free Member

Will they finally get promoted

I dunno but one thing’s for sure, play offs every year make for an exciting season finale! It’s never dull for a Bris supporter!

The sugar daddy must have deep pockets as he funds Bristol City doesn’t he?

Deep doesn’t quite cut it…….
    http://www.forbes.com/profile/stephen-lansdown/
    Makes Bruce Craig look like a tea boy.

Pigface
    Free Member

Wow 😯 makes Cuddy seem like the cheap crim (allegedly) he is 😐

Is he the richest sugar daddy in British rugby?

wrecker
    Free Member

He might well be. He has stated that he wants city and bris in the top tier, but that they’ll have to able to stand on their own feet eventually.
    The academy is an area they’re continuing to develop, but Bristols allocated catchment is criminally small. I fully expect this to be addressed in the near future.

anagallis_arvensis

Is Morgan staying I thought I heard rumblings about a return to Wales…he’s still no 10 😉

wrecker
    Free Member

No idea. There are plenty of rumours. I agree that he’s no 10, he’s best at 15. It seems he’s the one pushing for it though.

hels
    Free Member

England are the favorites ???? For what ??? Worst TV commercials ?

I am surprised any of them can show their faces anywhere after those cringe face-fall-off are they really doing that commercials with them getting a lift on the shoulders of some Boy Band into the stadium.

They couldn’t even CGI over the shame on their faces in the footage.

poolman
    Free Member

I got 2 tickets for England v Wales – they were expensive but the game’s sold out so that’s the price.

Really looking forward to it, tickets arrived 2 weeks ago.

Anything else going on nr Twickenham – exhibitions etc, 8pm ko so all day to plan.

anagallis_arvensis

England are the favorites ???? For what ???

The game against wales, cant see them winning the whole thing but stranger things have happend

Scamper
    Free Member

The missus has put in for tickets for troops at Kingsholm. Should be a good day out watching Romania or someone beat Scotland. 😀

duckman

Maybe Kryton should start his own page just dealing with the past,current and future glory and domination of all others by the England team? The rest of us can talk about the rugby world cup. Scotland are going to win it,the SRU said so!

wrecker
    Free Member

The game against wales, cant see them winning the whole thing but stranger things have happend

Nor me. I can’t see past a SA vs NZ final.

dantsw13

NZ & SA firm favourites, but there’s another 5 teams who could win it with some luck.

matt07
    Free Member

If Matthew Morgan makes it into the final squad (which he should do) and gets the chance he deserves then I think he is going to surprise A LOT of people who have not seen him play before/heard of him 😉

anagallis_arvensis

Suprise them with his lack of tackling, tactical kicking or ability to control a game. He could be useful on the wing but Biggar, Priestland, Hook, Patchel and maybe Anscombe should all be ahead of him at 10.

Kryton57

Maybe Kryton should start his own page just dealing with the past,current and future glory and domination of all others by the England team? The rest of us can talk about the rugby world cup. Scotland are going to win it,the SRU said so!

Why would I? I never made that statement. I’d like to talk about the RWC but this thread is dominated by talk of Wales to date. I’ll just lurk until everyone gets bored of that thanks.

anagallis_arvensis

Wales wales

wrecker
    Free Member

I went to Cardiff (wales) last saturday with the wife and boy. Lovely day we had too. I’ll be going to afan (in wales) next week, and we will be in Blaenau (again, wales)for a lads riding trip for the england vs wales game, which I’m slightly weary about.

C’mon kryton lighten up mate. It’s just rugby.

duckman

Wales,Wales;
    Bloody great fishes called Wales.
    They live in the sea,eat Fishermen for pudding err tea..
    Bloody great fishes called Wales.

Well,let’s talk about the side that nobody is apparently mentioning.What is going on with Sam Burgess…Really starting to come on in the back row,but still in the camp as a centre. If Shackleton or Halifax,or whatever the head of the selection sub committee’s name is, keeps him instead of the guy that forced bath to play him at centre then he will have to get game time to justify the decision. That isn’t something that will improve England.
    My theory is that SL has an AA type mancrush on him.

Pigface
    Free Member

I want to talk about Cipriani and this drink driving thing, has anyone ever known a case where it has been dragged out for months????

You blow into the machine, you fail you blow into another machine at the Station you fail you are hauled before a magistrate within 48hrs and get banned.

You refuse to give a blood test, thought of as a fail banned.

What the heck is going on?

Didn’t mention Wales once DOH

duckman

Maybe not as simple as that,he may have been in the passenger seat by the time the feds arrived,but they were acting on a tip off. If he had been driving surely things would have gone as you state above. Not as straight forward as it was when the Welsh player Mongo went for chips n dips in a golf cart.

Pigface
    Free Member

Or when Welsh player Scott Gibbs stole a Taxi 😆

Ok didn’t think of that scenario but even if that was the case they are going to take about 9 months to sort it out. Something fishy, may be the arresting Officer was a big Cipriani fan.

anagallis_arvensis

As I asked earlier what do people want to see team wise?

An england back line of

Farrel
    That exeter kid with the daft hair
    Burgess
    Barritt
    Ashton
    Goode

Would suit me.

wrecker
    Free Member

Care
    Ford
    Slade
    JJ
    Watson
    Nowell or Ashton
    Brown

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 7,396 total)

The topic ‘2015-16 rugby, world cup year’ is closed to new replies.