Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 1,056 total)
  • 100 days of exercise until Christmas
  • stuart_c
    Free Member

Saw this thread last week, didn’t get chance to say “I’m in” but made sure I did stuff. Managed to sneak on a good 8KG than I should have over the last year and just getting moving has become more difficult to just get on with lately. I will be setting my bar quite low in terms of what counts as exercise each day, or I just won’t do it.

Friday: In the office so avoided the lift in our 6 floor building and stairs it up and down a fair bit throughout the day
    Saturday: Covered a good 6.5 miles of walking whilst helping out at the kids cycling club
    Sunday: Covered another good 6.5 miles walking around at Silverstone (Ferrari Challenge day)
    Monday: 46.6 miles on the road bike, not really touched the bike much over last 2 months so this hurt by the end

The elder boy will be stealing my road bike for the next 2-3 weeks for his bike club, once I get that back I’ll be getting my Zwift setup out which will help fill days.

larry

Yesterday was a 1hr ride to let my mates dogs out, would normally just pop round in the car so this is definitely working! 😁

scotroutes

would normally just pop round in the car

Yep, I did a lot of that last year – walking or riding to do trips I’d normally have driven. I just wish I’d kept it up more after the 100 days but that’s when we’re into quite shitty weather so it’s less appealing/convenient.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I think this week could be make or break for me. Feeling really tired today and won’t be finished work until 6.30pm. But I’m going to try and get out on the gravel bike, had trouble clipping in but think that was due to ancient dirt under the cleats, so cleaned them last night, so hopefully that’s done the trick.

retrorick

Managed a 8.5 mile walk today.

soobalias
    Free Member

i managed to take the bike to work today, so i can breathe easy again till Friday (wed & thurs phys sessions are 99% guaranteed)

what i wasnt prepared for is the mental shopping list im creating:

trainers – really! to differentiate between running and gym
    padded shorts – ok long overdue replacements
    fitness tracker -> FenixSuperSolarExtreme mkVIII – so totally needed as i forgot to hit ‘start’ on strava, on my phone, for the commute in

AndrewL

Still in the lakes, a bit more hazy today, especially this morning.

Loop from staveley round to langdale and back over the ferry.

iron keld

sandboy

Just got home from 30 miles after work. I realise that in another month that it will be much more difficult so making the most of what we have left of summer.

reluctantjumper

Just done a 40 minute walk round Roath Lake and it’s left me pretty breathless! A bit of a shock as I used to walk into town regularly without any issues.

Still, good to get out and about amongst the ducks and geese.

walowiz

Day 5, back to work today and overslept the alarm, so had to go for a walk at a late lunchtime, so 3.2km walk through central London in 38m.

Don’t want to overdo it this early on, am thinking now of 4 proper days exercise and the fifth will be more restful, but still active. Plus surrounded by sick, coughing, sneezing people at work and the trains, it’s only a question of when not if I get some bug, which will make this even tougher.

Edit. Slightly envious of the amazing parts of the country some of you guys seem to live in. Some great pics on this thread.

fazzini

Really struggled for any sort of motivation today. No idea why. At least I managed a walk to the shop and back after work to get my 30 mins in. Would have been better if the bloody shop had had what I needed 😳

ayjaydoubleyou

Day five, the first day this challenge has got me doing something I wouldn’t have done anyway. Circuitous walk to the shop.
    Would have happily slobbed on the sofa this evening.

pondo

Cycled into the office on Mrs Pondo’s e-hybrid, first time in ages – really nice 14 mile round trip through pleasingly horrendous traffic. Must do more of this. 🙂

Friday: In the office so avoided the lift in our 6 floor building and stairs it up and down a fair bit throughout the day

Ah-ha! Saw a BBC article about eccentric exercise, very smugly took the lift up and walked down. 🙂

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/58nQv4YHBQvMsvhRYcQR2qn/building-body-strength-might-be-easier-than-you-think

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

30 minutes youtube video today.Seated self care stretching with Pahla!She was not as dominating as Sharon.At least no achilles issues to speak of and a nice relax after yesterday’s bike ride.

keefezza
    Free Member

Day 5, around 45 mins in the local swimming pool. I’m a poor swimmer and can’t do more than 1 length without rest, add to that some awful cramp in my toes after a few more lengths. Managed about 16 in total which I’m pretty sure is more than I’ve ever done. Making this a weekly thing with the other half, free session at the pool to take advantage of!

thestabiliser
    Free Member

NEARLY buckled as the hairdresser came round (not a euphemism) to cut the wifes/kids hair tonight (natch). Which is a nightmare for me as I’ve got to do tea, double bath hair wash and dry and bed whilst the MemSahib is coiffured. Id also done my usual half hour walk at lunch so could have weaseled out. But no, I smashed it in the big ring, spun up the techno, put the power down and pumped iron for all I was worth for 30 mins. Now crippled.

onehundredthidiot

Was vid+ but only for 3 days so did very easy stuff. Today was first venture outside exercise. 8.3km in 50mins with a few walking bits to find breath. Feel better now but goosed.

MoreCashThanDash

Took a scenic route to meet a friend at a pub to discuss our weekend plans.

Stunning couple of minutes watching a barn owl hunting for it’s tea.

scotroutes

Yoga tonight. I found another channel that had some specific poses for “runners legs”. I’m hoping that might help alleviate my current ankle pain issues.

reluctantjumper

I’m very sore this morning, probably due to ramping up from near-nothing to every day! Mainly the legs so might try and do some stretching/weight work on the upper body today.

Lankysprinter
    Free Member

I’m giving this a go as a way to make me do the extras like yoga, walking that help with my various aches but I don’t normally get round to.
    16th- swim early, tt bike ride, into a short jog
    17th- rollers and short jog with my son
    18th- Nantwich sprint tri
    19th- 1 hour recovery ride to enjoy quiet roads and long walk with friends
    20th- yoga before coffee and 5km zone 2 jog
    21st- yoga before coffee and gym later

So far so good but both my kids sound like they have colds already!

K

30 something minute run walk yesterday morning, haven’t run for years, feeling in my legs a bit today so glad I didn’t just go all out.

welshfarmer

Did easy swim on the outdoor pool at our hotel. First swim in years. I just kept going back and forth the best I could. Only a 20 m pool and 2 lengths was taking about 2 minutes so I reckon I did 600 m total which is easily the farthest I have ever swum. Big MTB ride around the island today so looking forward to that

sc-xc

Gym for weights and a run first thing, 5km walk with dog mid morning…now sat on my arse in never ending Teams meetings!

retrorick

30 minutes walking round town. I might summon up another 30 minutes later on.

dexa

Activity Report

Day 1 – 16 flights of stairs, usually use lift.
    Day 2 – Walk into town & back, usually use car.
    Day 3 – 36 flights of stairs
    Day 4 – Off road ride 20.1 miles, usually 14.5 miles.
    Day 5 – Youtube Balance exercise, tried this for the first time.
    Day 6 – Dentist later today – implant surgery, might squirm around in the chair a bit, hope that counts….!

fazzini

C25k week 1, run 2 this morning. Hopefully out on the bike early tomorrow morning before work.

mogrim

Couple of runs done today – first thing in the morning with the dog, then just done some intervals at lunch.

pondo

C25K W4R3 done – I have a sports therapist cousin who tells me the first couple of weeks are good, but the progress ramps up a bit too steep in weeks 3 and 4, so I’ve been repeating them on her advice, will start a second go at W4 on Friday. 🙂

fazzini

but the progress ramps up a bit too steep in weeks 3 and 4

Having never run (for running’s sake) before I definitely found this to be the case. I’d already completed the C25k once pre July, and was training for the GNR, but injured myself and have just got back to trying running again. I re-did several weeks and several runs over the course of my original attempt on the suggestion of another STW forumite. It was beneficial. I’ve started C25k from the beginning, again, to try and get back in to it, whilst not aggravating the injury which has had 2 months + full rest. Cycling doesn’t bother it.

walowiz

Day 6, 2.64 km swim in 58m6s (recorded to garmin / strava). Must check to see if it’s visible to all on the Strava group, or if I need to update the privacy settings.

This challenge has all the makings of being killer difficult around the halfway mark, but it is encouraging me to get up and do something when otherwise I’d not do any activity.

Rest of today is teams meetings, but I do at least stand up for them.

AndrewL

Hayes water view

Still up in the Lakes, very misty with low cloud which lifted as the ride went on.

Other half was reccying a fell run so I rode out to retrieve the car – via high street and Ullswater single-track. I definitely need an easier day tomorrow!

Good to hear what everyone else is getting up to.

scotroutes

Original plan for today was to go riding with a mate. However, he had to call off so that left me with the opportunity to do a bit of exploring without the responsiibility of potentially spoling someone else’s fun. It started well enough as I found two lovely sections of maintained trail. However, the third bit lookslike it’s not been used in maybe ten years. It’s overgrown and difficult to find amongst the deer tracks. Still, the bits I found will provide an alternative route to/from Carrbridge.

jeffl

Well a very mundane walk to the hospital for an OP appointment and a run home. No exotic photos but still good to get out and about as I managed to go via the fields and golf course.

keefezza
    Free Member

Day 6 – walking around the football pitch my lad trains on for an hour. That’ll do.
    I noted that of the many adults in attendance, I was the only one moving for any period of time, other than coaches.

retrorick

I’ve completed 30 minutes of drinking 😂

jodafett

First week nearly done 🥳🥳. 90km on my bike and some fast walks. Breaking myself in gently as I don’t want to risk this knee flaring up. Hopefully manage some runs by the end of this!

reluctantjumper

Had my first ‘fail’ day yesterday as I was just too sore to do anything, thought I might have picked up the dreaded virus I was feeling so rough! A good night’s sleep though and I feel much better so will slowly get back into it this evening.

K

Was hoping for an evening paddle with wife but it didn’t happen, did do longer than standard dog walks though so over 15k steps.

sc-xc

Weights and run done, will take dog out later

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 1,056 total)

The topic ‘100 days of exercise until Christmas’ is closed to new replies.