Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 1,056 total)
  • 100 days of exercise until Christmas
  • Lankysprinter
    Free Member

Gym last night- started trying out some of the hyrox events and decided I don’t really fancy it.
    Yoga with Cassandra this morning with a lovely sunrise.

MoreCashThanDash

Extra Dad Taxi duties last night and a small crisis with my parents meant I missed yesterday and this mornings ride on my day off is also cancelled. Will aim to squeeze something in tonight.

walowiz

Day 7, got up early doors to get a turbo session in before school run, getting to work etc. so this 100 days of exercise malarkey is doing the trick.

19.99 km in 45m, wahoo systm app said 20km, but strava recorded it as 19.99 km.

kimbers

Short bike ride with the kids on Monday, yoga on Tuesday (still knackered from racing at the weekend)
    Then started on my exercise app last night- great way of getting a quick workout in
    There’s a few apps from the same people

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=homeworkout.homeworkouts.noequipment

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Urban meander with Bob last night.Parks and gardens to observe the wildlife.Some of the animals were interesting to.Anyway…at least a 90 minute walk.

stanley

First week completed. A mixture of mountain biking, running and walking. Just a quick 2km walk today as it’s first day of chemo… Which felt better than I expected tbh 🙂

pondo

Tired legs today so just a lunchtime stroll by the reservoir.

Good luck @stanley, hope it all goes well. 🙂

walowiz

@stanley

Just a quick 2km walk today as it’s first day of chemo… Which felt better than I expected tbh 🙂

Good luck, hope it all goes well.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Walks of various length/distances, couple of runs, an easy sufferfest/wahoo vid, yoga everyday ….. a nice easy start into it.

Saw a thing the other day…. 100 days of pull ups…. Day 1, one pull up, day 2 two pull ups etc etc….

That will be tough come November !! So Im trying every other day, to get to 50 pull ups on last day.

ayjaydoubleyou

Saw a thing the other day…. 100 days of pull ups…. Day 1, one pull up, day 2 two pull ups etc etc….

Have tried this with pressups starting new years day.
    Jan first, 1 pushup in the morning, one befroe bed.
    2 on the next day and so on.

Next christmas suprise your family by busting out 360 continuous pushups effortlessly.

I normally get bored and forget after about the second week of january so I give up. deosn’t work if you skip a day 😉

mogrim

Gym done at lunchtime, I’ll try and get in a Systm/Sufferfest vid later.

dexa

Off road ride 32.4 miles, I did stop for Coffee and Cake. The cake had a Cherry on top which was nice….

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Did you eat the cherry first?

scotroutes

Zwift Academy Workout #2 today. I did the short one, but I think I should have manned up and done the long one!

K

Half hour yoga this morning, then decided to run the dog walk.  Had a walk with friends at lunch and slightly shorter dog walk tonight.

reluctantjumper

Walked another local park this evening, plan to tick off them all over the 100 days. This one had a gravel path, so much better on the feet than the tarmac of the one on Tuesday.

Twodogs

So, this week, 4 walks of at least 1.5 hours (over and above the regular morning/evening dog walks,a 1.5 hr off road ride, yoga, and then rowing machine today. That’s the first week done and dusted 😀

MoreCashThanDash

Half an hour with Kassandra this evening, having done no core work for weeks/months, I think I’m gonna be sore tomorrow.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

32 minutes achilles tendon exercises using YouTube .I could really done with a foam roller.Anybody think of a substitute for one?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Techno powered weights #2, Jeff Mills. Spot of Sven Vath on Saturday perhaps. Did a 45 min run last night steady but OK.

sandboy

I know I should have had an easy day today but got home a really had to get out on a bike ride. Went out for an hour on the road which was just the therapy I needed.
    Spent the evening watching television on my foam roller which I’m hoping will sort out my legs for tomorrow.

jeffl

A 5k run this evening. Finally getting back into the rhythm of running, so this challenge is definitely positive.

@stanley
    – hope it goes well and you don’t feel too crap

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Yeh,take it steady stanley.

ayjaydoubleyou

Fun play ride on the trails tonight.
    Tomorrow is a challenge. Full day of work including site visit, then evening commitment.
    Will need to force myself to do a quick run or zwift at some point.

jodafett

30mins of weights this evening. First time doing weights in a long time. First week done which is longer than I managed last year!

Is this the 3rd year we’ve been doing this on STW?

scotroutes

4th IIRC. 3rd year I’ve been doing it.

keefezza
    Free Member

Day 7 – fail*, and I’ve only just realised.
    Hell of a busy week (for me) and completely forgot to make time for this. Bugger.

Tomorrow I’ll be aiming to walking my you get to school, around 50mins round walk. I’ll make up for today with some home workout, drumming, cleaning and painting (hopefully).

I’ve done approximately 6 days more exercise this week than I have for the last 6 months. I will class that as success!

sc-xc

Gym done, trained legs which meant I couldn’t quite manage my 5k run (total jelly). Did a couple of miles then finished off in the static bike.

Will go for a wobbly walk with the dog later.

sandboy

4th IIRC

Is it really? I thought it was the third but I think you’re right. Sandboy jnr did it the first year and as a reward got a gym membership which he still has. Just goes to show how positive this challenge has been.

nickjb
    Free Member

Week 1 done. Ran at least 5k every day. 48.6k for the week. I started running (slowly) last year as a lockdown activity, last night I ran the 7k back to the car from the theatre. Quite the contrast. Even ran up the mall and past Buckingham palace.

First time I’ve run 7 days in a row and by far my biggest weekly total. I need to mix in some other activities and its going to tricky with a big holiday coming up. Let’s see how it goes.

mogrim

Squeezed in a quick 30min run with the dog – did mean getting to work 20min late but not a major issue. The 100 day challenge is obviously far more important 😀

onehundredthidiot

Nice pedal with dogs. Picked some porcini/ceps on the way. Today’s dog run will be a slow check of 10km or so

retrorick

I missed yesterday’s 30 minutes. I’ll need to test my resolve today.

dexa

monkeycmonkeydo

Sorry for the late response, I saved the Cherry until last, it’s the law in this parish…

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

I,m a cherry first man myself!Still it all goes down the same way.

walowiz

Day 8, 3.06 km swim in 68 minutes. Longer swim and despite how sluggish it felt, somehow faster rate than normal. Go figure.

Week one done and weighed myself on Day one and Day 8 and just from this and dropping alcohol and all other rubbish foods, chips, chocolate (though some snuck through), crisps, managed a 1.8 kg weight loss in this week.

Before some smarty pants comes along and points out “you’ll never make it to 100 days whilst restricting calories”, I haven’t been, I’ve trained within the lower HR zones, kept up a good calorie intake and eaten and rested vey well.

Despite having trained every day I feel quite good.

soobalias
    Free Member

really feeling it now.

90mins Ju Jitsu on Wed eve, which felt like throw after throw after throw, most throws are pretty effortless but being thrown means getting back to your feet (over and over again)
    90mins on the mtb last nightf

gym this afternoon

thestabiliser
    Free Member

5k trail waddle this lunchtime. Just measured the blubber mountain lost about half an inch. Although probably within margin of error for a trapped fart or a lodged steak and kidney pudding.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Soobalias-Its a long way to
    Chriatmas I hope you dont blow up early.Maybe your a youngster so it’s manageable.Do you have any easy days?

scotroutes

I’m going to be a bit pushed for time and opportunity over the next 4 days so I thought I’d better get a good one in today. 50km gravel ride down to Glen Feshie and back.

Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 1,056 total)

The topic ‘100 days of exercise until Christmas’ is closed to new replies.