Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 1,056 total)
  • 100 days of exercise until Christmas
  • larry

Day two was a extra long walk/run with my dog and tonight I’ve done a 35 min run. 3 days down just a few more to go 😉 Loving the extra motivation.

scotroutes

Is anyone doing a before-and-after weight-in on their poor dogs?

Caher

For me it’s really upping the intensity to shed a stone before Xmas. Friday big bike ride then 7k dog walk. But travelled back to UK overnight so got a gym session today.
    Would like to go out on the bike tomorrow but…

soobalias
    Free Member

well today was the first without obvious exercise opportunity, so i jumped on the bike just before sunset to test a 30min emergency exercise loop, it came up a bit short, but ive an idea to extend.
    planning a full day out tomorrow.

welshfarmer

Today was a good day. Arrived in chamonix under perfect skies. Put running shoes on and just hit some amazing woodland paths. 6.5km and 500+ metres climbing in a bit over an hour (loads of photo stops). Not sure if I can do anything tomorrow so pushed it today.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Gentle dog walk tonight but the dog is only here for the weekend so it’s a walk I wouldn’t normally have done. Leg much better than it was last night so might try and get out for a decent ride on the gravel bike tomorrow.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Never got out on the bike but 4 hours walling and a weights work out whilst cooking the roast will do.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Took it easy today and did a YouTube workout.It was called,”Chair exercises for seniors with Sharon”.I still ended up sweating.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Was that the exercises or Sharon,….Andrew?

ayjaydoubleyou

Got off to a good start with three bikes rides on a long weekend planned befire the queen died and before I knew of this challenge.
    Now lying in bed contemplating getting up, too tired to make best use of the bank holiday.

mogrim

Went running with the dog this morning, not quite as continuous as I’d have liked as the damn animal saw a rabbit and shot off into the undergrowth which meant 5 minutes of standing around calling her 🙄

Anyway, she enjoyed it and is now by my side, dead to the world…

mrb123
    Free Member

How’s the rabbit?

jodafett

How’s the rabbit?

Dead to the world?

mogrim

No idea, both dog and rabbit disappeared… she didn’t come back with anything so I’m guessing it got away.

keefezza
    Free Member

Day 4. Bike ride to Darwen tower and home, usually around 7 mile round trip. Went up with the other half and my son.
    Pic of my lads bike;

IMG_20220919_115712129_HDR

walowiz

Day 4 – turbo session 20.06 km in 45:19, can’t wait until I’m able to get out on a bike, but at least this morning I kept the boredom at any watching the silencing on Netflix.

jimster01

Day 4, another couple of hours on the hills walking the dog, he needs to lose weight anyway.

willard

Have fallen off the wagon already. The weekend was a bust due to shitty weather and I just stayed indoors. At least I got four good commutes in at the end of last week.

Now I am starting to feel the onset of either sinusitis or a cold, so my desire to exercise tonight has been destroyed.

Mister-P
    Free Member

9 miles on the paddle board today. I was the only person on the river, it was bliss.

gastromonkey
    Free Member

I did my first 3 sessions in a hotel gym while away. Back at home today so going out on a bike for today.

piemonster

A good day

pondo

Just had a lovely, leisurely half hour swim in the sea. 🙂

retrorick

30 minutes of stair climbing. More up n down rather than up, across, down, across, up.

fazzini

C25k week 1 run 1 this morning, then a pleasant little walk with Mrs fazzini.

sandboy

A nice but chilly ride up to the coast and a detour through Sandringham to see the flowers only the Police wouldn’t let me.
    Almost 60 miles when I got home.
    Yesterday’s extended dog walk and pub lunch was great as I needed a rest from turning pedals.

AndrewL

Lots of keen efforts today!

I am in the lakes, loop over Garburn and sadgill / green quarter

garburn

K

Couple of hours on the paddle planks with the Wench this afternoon.

jeffl

Cycle out into the Peak today and along Curbar/Froggat edge. Was as busy as I’d ever seen it. Just under 30 miles, followed by a dog walk.

Day started like this with added drizzle…
    view of Chatsworth

And ended like this…
    View of some fields

Stopped at a pub halfway for a pint of lemonade and they had a free spread on for the funeral and the village vicar there as well. Proper middle England stuff.

MoreCashThanDash

Ended up taking a scenic route round the village to the shop.

Provisional evening ride planned with a mate for tomorrow

Mister-P
    Free Member

Just had a lovely, leisurely half hour swim in the sea.

That sounds spot on. I’m rather envious.

reluctantjumper

Just a 30 minute ride on Zwift this evening behind a slow Pace Partner, legs are still a bit sore after yesterday’s effort. Got a small sweat on though so it counts.

scotroutes

As planned. we walked into Loch Avon today. For those that don’t know of it, it’s a fairly sizeable loch hidden in the Cairngorms at an altitude of 720m. The day started off fine, with some low cloud hanging above the Strath.

We were soon into the cloud and had the occasional light shower drifting through.

Then we began the descent down to the loch

We got round to a lovely wee beach

Whereupon we obviously had to go for a swim!

welshfarmer

I did a 20 minute walk into town for a pizza and a 20 minute walk back to the campsite. I hope that it counts

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Nice photos scotroutes,you must love living in that part of the world.
    I managed 90 minutes along the Tees on a sunny but cool ride.Plenty of wildlife on view.I even disturbed a heron on the way home.Very few cyclist’s knocking about…….the cowards.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

I would be interested to hear from Pondo and scotroutes about wild swimming at this time of year.As an asthmatic,I was wondering if it would result in illness 🤒.

mrb123
    Free Member

Pity the Strava thing re-sets at the start of each week. Would have been good to have a running total for the full 100 days.

scotroutes

you must love living in that part of the world.

it’s not an accident that we moved here 🙂

Asthma shouldn’t stop you from “wild” swimming, though you need to be careful – as should anyone else. There are lots of resources around regading temperature acclimatisation, swim duration, preparation and after-care. The main one is not to go alone. You really need someone to be keeping an eye on you once you are out of the water, especially as you become more acclimatised. The risk then is that you ignore the duration guidelines and chill too much. I’ve seen it happen with friends and have come very close to it myself. A rough guideline would be no more than 1 minute per degree Celsius. (The water today was 10C and we were in for around 10 minutes). That’s without wetsuits. They obviously extend that period considerably. There was no way I was carrying a wet wetsuit back over to the car park though!

sc-xc

Late to the party…hope it’s ok to join in.

Day 1,2 & 3 were long walks with the dog, but after a word with myself I figured I needed some motivation.

Gym this morning, weights and a 5k run on the treadmill.

fazzini

Would have been good to have a running total for the full 100 days

Make yourself a spreadsheet 🤔

mogrim

Another run with the dog this morning, but didn’t let her off the lead (we’ve got a harness thing for running, so not as bad as it sounds) as I needed to be back on time and couldn’t risk her disappearing off. She didn’t seem to mind, and that’s another 35min run done. I’ll probably try and do a quick 30min workout at the gym later.

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 1,056 total)

The topic ‘100 days of exercise until Christmas’ is closed to new replies.