Home Forums Chat Forum 100 Day Challenge 2024 – Exercise every day til Christmas

• This topic has 398 replies, 57 voices, and was last updated 1 hour ago by reeksy.
Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 399 total)
  • 100 Day Challenge 2024 – Exercise every day til Christmas
    ton

43 miles into wind n rain.

A day on the bike in the rain is better than no day on the bike…..

bonni

Day 12: still got lurgy-lite so did another yoga vid (yoga for weight loss!), plus I got just shy of 10 k steps outside at work.

chestrockwell

Core session today for me.

scotroutes

Out for another brisk 5km post-lunch walk with Mrs S today.

PXL_20240927_131811094

Smile!

PXL_20240927_131823727

And I’ve a post-dinner date with Kassandra later.

walowiz

Day #12 – nearly had my first fail today. Work has been a bloody pita today, but instead of staying at my desk, frustrated and annoyed trying to fix problems caused through the stoopidity of others, I went to the pool for 45 minutes instead. Then went back to it after.

swim 2.3 km in 45 minutes. Done.

TiRed

Skipped velodrome with a tummy bug. Decent walk with Henry dog through the deer park to listen to the bellowing. Ride tomorrow. If I can get up early enough

IMG_5420

MoreCashThanDash

Skipped velodrome with a tummy bug. Decent walk with Henry dog through the deer park to listen to the bellowing

If my tummy was bellowing, I’d have stayed nearer home.

Did a different half hour with Kassandra today. Lots of creaks from my back after yesterday’s gym session.

seriousrikk

FIrst time trying some yoga today.

Now I understand why folks keep recommending Kassandra

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Ya dirty old men!

reeksy

Appropriate weather for Day 13. Did a 43km loop on the hardtail – first time taking it on singletrack. Ran into a mate and an accomplice in the Boneyards (very techy and best avoided in wet conditions) so tagged on with him. The heavens opened and it got a bit hectic. I now have a bruised sternum and shin, burped a front tyre and the other guys beat a hasty retreat. Fought horrific headwinds and sinking gravel for the rest of the ride. Type 2 fun.

IMG_8575IMG_8576

scotroutes

Now I understand why folks keep recommending Kassandra

Also check out Adrienne, Cat Meefan and (Run Better with) Ash. The latter is mainly aimed at runners but lots of it is very relevant to cycling too. I’m sure there are other great channels available too but I find that accents, styles and overall approach are all important, especially if you want to find your zen moments.

matt_outandabout

I’ve managed to walk or cycle every day so far. Today I’m trying a wee run…

sandboy

A run first thing yesterday in horrible conditions was the start of a hectic Friday.

I spent the rest of the day erecting scaffolding at my parents house for roof repairs today. I’m counting that as exercise, I can barely move this morning!

AndrewL

Trot about after work, probably should have taken the head torch as the steep muddy descent through the woods at the end was not done in optimal visibility

view from above eyam

bonni

Day 13: still lurgied-up so took a 45 min stroll at a contemplative pace after work at sundown to top up today’s step-count.

IMG_9351IMG_9349

nickingsley

Still in

20240928_123021Nice, though shame about the trail of coal behind it.

I need some Ti

20240928_140336

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Failed yesterday due to life schizzle.

Hour on the mtb this afternoon. Most refreshing!

Caher

Just back from a 65kms fast road ride. Had me shower and now drinking the best cup of tea in the world.

MoreCashThanDash

Hour and a half digging over the veg patch and raking a bin full of crap out the smaller lawn.

Definitely felt like exercise.

chestrockwell

Walk up the moor today. Managed to bust my thigh muscle which is typical as was planning a ride tomorrow.

fazzini

Yesterday managed, just about, wandering between the 2 running shoe shops as my trusty trail shoes are not so trusty anymore (crying). None fit my stoopid wide feet. Today was 10 mile training run preparing for Hadrian’s Wall half marathon. Sunday will be walk and I’m going to try a bit of Kassandra.

seriousrikk

Day 13 was an few hours or doing sketchy stuff in the woods.

Terrible photo of terrible drop technique as proof.

samsondrop

Day 11 got skipped as I was driving back home and absolutely exhausted after the number of thunderstorms which hampered my journey somewhat. I plan on banking that and doubling up another day… see how that works out.

walowiz

Day #13 – work this morning, then family life stuff meant a rushed turbo session TrainerDay for an hour at an average 169w, had to keep stopping to relieve godawful cramp at the top of right calf, mainly as my right leg is still quite week and not  adjusting well to the daily load. Total pain, but still in the game.

sandboy

Just back from an hour on the road. First night ride of the season and I loved it!

I feel much safer riding road at night and had it not been for this challenge,I’d be sat watching Strictly for the sake of it!

scotroutes

Day 13 was time for the “big run” I’d been preparing for these past few weeks.

Started at Linn of Dee, just before 9am, heading past the Luibeg Burn and Beinn a Bhuird

PXL_20240928_090144220

Time for photos and laughs en route

nWLxJve026QJjGmQmy-hHmUYISA-QibjzMpov5BpJNI-1536x2048

Into the mouth of the Lairig Ghru

PXL_20240928_093930294

Up to the Pools of Dee

PXL_20240928_105921166

Within sight of home in Aviemore

PXL_20240928_115547182

34km and 640m of ascent. A bit slow in the middle, negotiating the boulder field, but weather was pretty much ideal, never dropping below 4C and I still had a wee bit of a sprint left for the run to the Old Bridge Inn.

reeksy

Day 14 and 1.5 hours with the kids sessioning flow trails. Reeksy2 getting to grips with his new bike but everyone is a bit frazzled.

warton
    Free Member

back to it after 5 days of illness. lovely autumn afternoon yesterday for 6 mile run.

Alex

@scotroutes – good effort, looks a fantastic route as well.  Oh and the running with Ash YT recommendation was useful. I’ve started doing his 10 and 20 minute post run stretches.

Not close to some on here, but I’ve run (all on treadmill this week) six out of seven days for around 30-40 mins each session.  Not sure I’ve ever managed that before. Back on the Turbo this PM for an hour or so. Plan is to see out October doing similar stuff to this week (hopefully with some added actual riding MTBs again) then join the Gym on the monthly package in November and see if I can get 2 or 3 classes in a week.

If I’m at home, I reckon I can make this a habit. Enjoying it so far. It’s working away when it’s likely all to go to poo.

ton

Not sure what day we are on,  but another 40 miles down the Loire done today.  570 miles so far whilst on this challenge.   All good.

Caher

Day 14.

Today, gym then swim. Got a little Zwift session lined up tonight.

MoreCashThanDash

Is it Day 14? Only missed one day so far.

Led a very steady club ride this morning, 32 miles and 2000 feet of climbing which was challenging for some in the group. Distinctly autumnal down here this morning, a couple of folk hadn’t quite got the layering right. Delicious cake at the cafe and the woodburner proved equally distracting.

Tomorrow’s off road ride likely to be cancelled as we are in the yellow weather warning.

Have a gratuitous cafe pic

20240929_102303

bonni

Day 14: Still got lurgy. I’m hoping it peaked (or troughed?) today as I was feeling pretty sh!te earlier on. I ran out of paracetamol, so saw a local medic here who gave me some large tablets that taste like Vim amongst a bundle of other assorted meds, but no paracetamol!

So, taking it pretty easy again: a 40 min walk after work. Meh!

kimbers

Cub camp this weekend,

Spent the day at Whipsnade zoo then a 6km hike to our campsite, walked 21km in total yesterday!
    5 hours of interrupted sleep then activities and breaking camp this morning
    Some gentle yoga before bed I think…

mogrim

Volunteering with my club’s race today – 4km/800m climb to the top, where I was on chip-reading duties. Lulu enjoyed her walk, and I had fun too.

20240929_093138

scotroutes

I’ve been hillwalking with poles on and off for 35 years, but having just bought myself a pair of (Alpkit) ruining poles, I thought I’d try them for a little Nordic Walking practice this afternoon. I can see how it could be a great workout, I definitely went out over-dressed. Could be something else to add to my activity selection over the next few months.

Much of the recent snow has already vanished, so I hope to get another high-level run in soon too.

PXL_20240929_153545176

Alex

@mogrim – nice wolf :)

Back on the turbo for me today. Felt pretty good and the hour passed mostly painlessly. I do think my days of 2-3 hours (four horseman on Zwift for example) are probably over, but I’m pretending it’s quality over quantity.

4 (Zwift) runs lined up next week plus,  if Physio gives me even grudging approval,  go ride MTB with the – not fixed but how bad can it be – elbow. Not ridden for two weeks and not ridden in UK for nearly 4. That’s the biggest gap in about 20 years. I don’t even care if it’s raining and filthy and dark, I’m riding my bloody MTB this week!

walowiz

Day #14 – 2 mile pool swim in 70 minutes, not the fastest but as a starter I’ll take it ((3.3 km in new money). No actual cramps for once, but calves pinging like crazy for the last km. stomach muscles were in agony for 3 hours after this swim, so I’ve definitely overdone or strained something whilst swimming. Hey ho.

@scotroutes
    superb effort on the big run and cracking scenery to run through.

@mogrim
    that’s a great pic.

@Alex
    possibly a stupid question, but what kit do you need to do a Zwift run ?

Alex

@wolowiz- as per earlier in the thread, we bought a Smart (ish) treadmill last year so Zwift connects to that on BT and then I use a Zwift foot pod for cadence. When we were on hols, I managed to connect Zwift on my phone to the treadmill in the hotel Gym, it’s just a bluetooth connection but Zwift does seem to have a limited set of devices it can work with.

It’s not like bike Zwift as you have to manually change the speed/incline. There’s no reason Zwift couldn’t control the treadmill but there are definitely safety issues so I guess they don’t want to get sued! The experience in Zwift is defo “second class” compared to the bike one, but it works well enough for me because I’m following the “Cyclist to 10k” programme – did that last year and it definitely got me reasonably run fit and I lost a chunk of weight I’m not sure I’d have on the turbo.

iainc

I missed yesterday due family stuff, so caught up today, hopefully..

mogrim

@mogrim that’s a great pic.

Cheers! She’s certainly a very photogenic dog :)

And as a suggestion, to liven up an already lively thread: how about we have a weekly “best photo” competition? I know @scotroutes will probably win most of them, but as an idea to get the rest of us to post photos? No prizes involved, just as a bit of fun?

Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 399 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.