Home Forums Chat Forum 100 Day Challenge 2024 – Exercise every day til Christmas

• This topic has 398 replies, 57 voices, and was last updated 1 hour ago by reeksy.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 399 total)
  • 100 Day Challenge 2024 – Exercise every day til Christmas
  • scotroutes

Looks like I will have to make my activities more visible and spam my followers feeds for the rest of the year though

Yep. Private activities don’t show. I’d normally my audience so that only “interesting” activities show up but I’ll just go Public for a while.

Dickyboy

COVID scuppered my early start, requested to join Strava group & should be up to a walk tomorrow I recon ?

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

I will join you all but do the 75 hard challenge . I need the no alcohol and food discipline requirement.I think a number of you do this challenge already,it just doesn’t have a name.Good luck all and avoid dem bugs!

ads678

Oops, looks like I started early. My mate was bored and wanted to go for a run so we just did 6.5k up the canal.

Also sent a request for the Strava group, Adam Branston.

timc
    Free Member

Joined the strava club, will give it a whirl!

MoreCashThanDash

Asked to join the group – ready for some walks and YouTube yoga to fill the days

ayjaydoubleyou

Requested to join.
    probably won’t put everything on Strava as I don’t want to here the pants off my regular followers.
    will just post on here and annoy you lot instead.

sandboy

I’ve just got back from a pre breakfast 5k run. Best of luck to everyone having a go!

scotroutes

And we’re off…

DrP

50ish minute ride into work today – felt lovely to be on fast rooling tarmac, after SSUK this weeked!!

Good luck everyone

DrP

seriousrikk

Asked to join the club.

Covid has buggered me up somewhat which is a shame, but reckon I can still do some active stretching in between coughing and generally being a miserable old(ish) sod.

ahsat

Good luck all. Dont think I’m going to join this year. Already know I’m away for work for 11 days in the next 2.5 weeks, a chunk of it teaching a field class, plus life is a little complex atm. However I have this in the forefront of my mind to get out more, even though it won’t be every day.

mattcartlidge

I’m in, joined the strava club, need the motivation and also to drink less beers!

TiRed

Henry is in, 9km walk. I may add a tracker to his collar.

stanley

I’m in again.

First joined the challenge in 2022. I was having chemo at the time and found it tough! Nonetheless, I managed to do something most days. Coincidentally, I’m typing from the Christie whilst waiting for a blood test… Fingers crossed.

This year I’ve started early… Already 21 days in and, apart from having a cold, I’m feeling good.

Hoping to work the Festive 500 into this as well… It’s all about setting goals and achieving them ??

chambord

Ah go on then, have requested to join. I always get injured whenever I try running so just riding and walking for me.

MoreCashThanDash

There’s a very unflattering pic of me marshalling the CX at the weekend on our club page, so I need to add some dietary discipline to the activity.

Leading the local health ride tonight, will take us half an hour to do a lap of the CX course!

scotroutes

That’s 32 folk in the Strava club. I’m sure I’ve missed a couple of folk who’ve committed on here can’t be arsed with the Strava bit too.

toby1

Question from an mildly interested potential participant, if you regularly commute you need to add something different in, does the same apply if you regularly walk the hound? I’m assuming counting that walk is a bit of a cop out? For context usually 2 walks of at least 40 minutes a day.

sandboy

I count extended dog walking, it’s additional to the normal.

As the challenge progresses, I need days of active recovery. Walking is essential.

stanley

Hi @toby1

I think we all set our own “rules”. Mine is to do at least 30 minutes of purposeful exercise every day.   I mix things up: Strength workouts, yoga, lots of cycling, indoor trainer if the weather is dire, maybe even an occasional run. I don’t have a dog, but if I did, I’d count it if at least 30 minutes of it elevated my heart rate (Zone 2 maybe).

My wife simplifies things… “If a Garmin can record it, then it counts!”

rockbus

Done my first weight session this lunch time – only 1/2 hour but I have no strength so using this to try and encourage me to do it regularly.

I posted it to strava group, but now thinking don’t need to post but it will just show in activities for the group?

ads678

Yeah, I’m going to not count normal dog walks (already done 35 minutes this lunch time), but if I’m wrecked cos I’m pushing too hard then that will be my fallback/rest excercise I think. Although I’ll do longer and/or faster than normal.

A big weekend walk with the dog can be 20k easily so I’ll deffo be counting that though!

I’m camping weekend of 27th Sept, (load of us, piss up type camping) so going to take a bike to get out for a ride in the morning. Also going to Rhodes for a week end of Oct, so will do a few runs down the sea front and make use of the hotel gym/pool. All it’ll be doing is working off the all inclusive indulgence though!!….

Gym to night for me.

snotrag

Set your own rules as above, but personally, Yep, walking is fine.

Its probably Alien to most of us but its unbeleivable how many people dont even do that – just ‘walking’.

I’ll certainly be counting it, and as above, if your recovering from a huge ride the day before, or dont fancy the gym etc, then its amazing how good a decent, brisk-ish walk for 30-60 minutes makes you feel. I always start the day feeling a bit fresher and standing taller when I’ve walked back from the School run. Just being outside is a start.

midlifecrashes

Went to bed last night with good intentions , then woke this morning with a stinking cold. Out with the gravel bike blast, and in with an extra walk in the woods. Out is better than in! Something is better than nothing. Build the habit.

PXL_20240916_133651283

walowiz

Day #1 done, pool swim 2.5 km in 53 mins and then the boring boring boring physio exercises for 1/2 hour.

bonni

Day 1: 5 k run at lunchtime and some walking home as a warm down. Was a bit warm tbh.

chestrockwell

Edmund joined the group! 30 mins in the gym today, easing in to it.

Rubber_Buccaneer

One down, ninety nine to go.  Sorry, no pic from the gym as no one wants to see that!

AndrewL

burbage

Off work today so managed to get out towards burbage and back via Blacka Moor and the local woods.

Not sure if the image will work.

Good to hear what everyone else is up to.

rockhopper70

Joined the Strava. I may win the award for the lamest 30mins exercise but I need something to get me moving more. With one thing and another it’s been a bad year for biking this year and it’s showing on my weight and fitness.
    May even dust off the Wii Fit board and do some yoga!

sandboy

I’m sorry but I really can’t be arsed with Strava. I’ve been riding bikes since my teens and never had it and definitely don’t need it now!

Besides, the last thing I need is a record of how much time I spend on a bike, the wife might see it.

bonni

“I may win the award for the lamest 30mins exercise”

@rockhopper70
    – Trust me, if that was an award, I’d have plenty of entries at the end of this, based on my experience last year!

Whatever works for you and you can fit into your schedule is what it’s all about.

ditch_jockey

I spent a good chunk of day 1 in protracted conversations with our health insurance about various bits of my body that are in need of some TLC, so a 40 min dog walk is how I’ve kicked things off. Might jump on the bike this evening if my knee/shoulder feels up to it.

Can I count physiotherapy appointments – wonder what the physio would think if I have the Garmin running while they’re putting me through the grinder?

stgeorge

Membership requested, Kingsley King

eulach

Day one done.  Don’t forget – it’s supposed to be fun, too.

seriousrikk

Managed to get something in. Stretches and some basic exercises from a random mtb fitness video from lockdown.

It’s a start.

May everyone to better than me today!

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

^ Similar, woke up feeling sheet and had to battle through some weights.Walk for 45 minutes later.

convert

I really need the motivation this year so I’m in. Nice gentle 5K plod just now.

Requested to join the strava group to cheer others on but I don’t really do making my stuff public unless it’s interesting. Hopefully something will be interesting in the next 99 days!

scotroutes

30 or so minutes weights in the (home) gym this morning.

10km social run with the club this evening.

PXL_20240916_181656638PXL_20240916_174723847PXL_20240916_180821205PXL_20240916_181456691~2

PXL_20240916_184231520-EDIT

Got back just before the moon came up over the mountains. It’ll be mandatory head torches next week.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 399 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.