Home Forums Chat Forum 100 Day Challenge 2024 – Exercise every day til Christmas

Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 648 total)
  • 100 Day Challenge 2024 – Exercise every day til Christmas
    mogrim

Monday was a very easy pilates session with my wife, then yesterday I was back at the track for the first time since getting shingles. Had a good run, too – longish warmup, then a pyramid of 400/800/1200/1600 and back down again. Ended up doing just under 12km running.

surfer
    Free Member

@mogrim I have shingles at the moment. I think I developed it whilst away on holiday in Crete (60th present from Mr Surfer) came back on the 21st with an itchy rash on my back which became raised. Some odd symptoms such as minor headaches (unusual for me) some aches and pains in my back (that I put down to sleeping in a different bed) and more recently tingling down one side. On anti viral drugs for a few more days. Strangely enough not stopping me from running at the moment and managed 40 miles last week though I know it hits many people very hard. I am hoping mine doesnt suddenly get worse before it gets better…

mogrim

@surfer mine hasn’t stopped me running, just that the doctor recommended not overdoing it – one of the reasons shingles appears is due to a weakened immune system, and doing hard intervals or long races clearly won’t help there. I can’t imagine the rubbing you’d get from a sweaty t-shirt would help with the rash, either.

FWIW mine is radiating out from the spine, following the line of the ribs, and round to the sternum. It’s not too bad during the day, but makes sleeping very difficult.

fazzini

Scottish leg of our toad trip complete with Ae ticked off this morning. Safely ensconced in Keswick now…time for some proper beer ? Whinlatter tomorrow.

bonni

Day 16 and Day 17: 45 min walk on both nights. Finally lurgy is abating, apart from this rasping cough. Managed to keep steps above 10 k everyday since infected… a small win.

ads678

Just a fast walk with the dog tonight. Set out to do 10k, but only managed 7, as I was bored, hungry and needed the toilet (not the sort you can do outside! Still sweaty and puffing though so it counts!

jimmy

Just a gentle stroll today. Eyes on the forecast tomorrow, might chance a pre-work trip to the hills to catch an inversion.

Alex

Another zwift run tonight. Feeling pretty good which is very unusual for me when running. Probably going to get injured now I’ve said that.

Zwift bike tomorrow and then a proper MTB ride in Friday. First time in nearly three weeks. Hopefully without putting me back into elbow rehab. Don’t care if it’s muddy, just can’t wait to ride outside!

scotroutes

Wednesday speed session with the running club.

I took a couple of photos but the forum is being shit(tier than usual) at the momemt so probably not worth uploading them.

It occurs to me that I’ve not been on a bike much since this challenge started. I’ll try to rectify that!

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Nearly choked tonight, just tired, made the mistake of lying on the bed and nearly never got up again but did manage 1/2 hr of lacklustre bag work intersprsed with a couple of chin sets and lowers. Crap. Will up the intensity a bit tomorrow hopefully.

MoreCashThanDash

Walked to and from a Scout committee meeting, bang on 30 minutes!

walowiz

Day #17 – quick pool swim, 2.5 km in 51 minutes, might switch to some drills in the pool for the next few weeks, as I’m not getting any quicker doing 1km splits, which is fair enough really.

reeksy

Day 18: a quick home gym upper body workout. Saving my legs for the weekend.

ton

Delightful 40 miler yesterday along La Rance.20241002_17374520241002_174917

sandboy

Yesterday I did an hour of weights after work and this morning I’ve been for a run.

It’s really cold this morning but at least it’s not raining!

Alex

First dry, sunny (but chilly) dog walk for at least a week.  Definitely feeling autumnal out there. Legs feeling a bit  of “Zwift” lethargy. Still back on the horse/bike later.  I could get away with saying this extra hour dog walk I never used to do is my 30 mins but that’s increasingly feeling like ‘cheating’, so a Zwift session it is at the end of the day.

IMG_5828IMG_5823

chestrockwell

Run Tuesday, walk yesterday, PT upper body today.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Been out on the MTB three times this week, and did 60km on the gravel bike yesterday. I’ve not done anything other than running or riding so far this session (and only two runs) and, on top of my race season, I’m a bit cooked. Legs feel hollow and power is down. I’m on holiday next week and might count a week of walking and maybe yoga.

While we’re on about yoga – for those of you doing it for the first time and using an online source, I’d really recommend going and getting some in person classes. I started that way then went to my wife’s yoga classes and it was really useful – as a cyclist your hips are likely pretty tight, and an instructor seeing you will be able to help you adapt the poses you’re seeing online to suit that better. It’ll reduce your chance of injury a lot, and make it more useful for you. They may also be able to give you specific poses to help. When I went in and did my first pose the instructor immediately went “you’re a cyclist aren’t you?” because my hips were so inflexible. I basically only bend in one plane – forwards and backwards to reach the bars.

ton

25 miles done today.

Tour completed.  730 miles total.

Awesome trip.

20241003_143010

scotroutes

As promised – actually cycled today.

Lovely conditions for it too – even if there are still quite a few tourists around.

PXL_20241003_134347838

Dog and sun dog

PXL_20241003_135315280

Maiden voyage for my Restrap custom frame bag

PXL_20241003_135216374

Re-roofed Ryvoan

MAX_0400 - frame at 1m11s

Alex

Great pics. I’m very excited to ride my MTB tomorrow even tho the views won’t be as good as those ^^^

Agree on Yoga/Pilates. I was going to regular classes before Covid. In lockdown I definitely went backwards even tho I was watch vids etc as getting one one one help makes a massive difference. I’m hoping to get some more flexibility back (and make better use of home sessions) once I go back to in person classes next month.

Just finished week 2 of 8 on the Zwift cycling to 10k plan. It’s official, I hate hill sprints. And looking at what’s coming in weeks three and four, I can see that hate just getting deeper! But by then we’ll be 25% ish into the 100 days and I’ve no intention of giving in!

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Another 5k lunch run. God I’m boring!

fazzini

Re-roofed Ryvoan

Ah, Ryvoan…how I’ve missed you (smiley emoji) Lochan looking nice and green too!

Road trip now complete with a double dose of Whinlatter today. Superb trip with @nobbingsford of this parish. Home now, drinking wine (well, it is my birthday) and looking forward (euphemism for terrified) to final running prep for the Hadrian’s Wall half marathon next Sunday.

IMG_20241003_101101IMG_20241003_112200IMG_20241003_182824IMG_20241003_095848IMG_20241003_101039

scotroutes

Oh, you’ll need to report on that. I might be interested in that next year.

ads678

Gym session tonight. 20 minute stamina routine on the elliptical, 20 minute fat burning routine on a bike, then 24 minutes on a treadmill doing interval training, 3 minutes at 12kph then 1 minutes walking at 6kph repeat.

jimmy

There was no inversion beckoning today, and I woke up late, so went for a lunchtime run (7km) instead. I bloody love autumn round here.

scotroutes

I bloody love autumn round here.

It’s one of my favourite things about this thread – seeing folks photos as autumn arrives and then turns into winter across the country/ies.

rockbus

Still going, not been updating or adding photos as mainly me in garage doing weight workout or rubbish IndieVelo ride.

I’m sticking to something every day but bit worried that means lots of half hearted efforts…think might need to focus on 3/4 proper workouts a week and other days just a decent walk.

Caher

Still on at least twice a day. 1k swim outside at lunch and a Zwift session this evening.

MoreCashThanDash

Another missed day today – eldest unexpectedly had to come back up to drop his girlfriend at her parents after a death in the family, and popped round for tea, the ladies of the house went out to Guides and I got 3 hours alone catching up with my lad for the first time in 2-3 months.

No regrets.

walowiz

Day #18 – indoor ride using my new (to me anyway) toy a Wattbike Atom, so hour on it tonight at an average 176w indicated 30 km. quite like it.

iainc

3 decent dog walks today, and just in from pub with a neighbour – it’s a 15 min brisk walk each way and I had 2 bottles of Peroni Zero, so 2 boxes ticked !

ads678

It’s one of my favourite things about this thread – seeing folks photos

There’s certainly some sights in the gym, but I’m not sure I should be taking photos!!

reeksy

Day 19…only just time for a 30 minute walk.

Took photos to keep myself interested. Love a good mail box.

IMG_8604IMG_8603IMG_8602IMG_8601

walowiz

Like others have.said, love the pics on this thread. Best part of the thread.

@fazzini
    great pics, your tour looked a lot of fun and where do you get that t-shirt ?

@ton
    ‘s tour pics looked amazing too

never really considered doing a tour by bike, done plenty on a motorbike over the years. Hmm.

slightly envious of where you guys all live with easy access to the countryside and hills as I prep to head to work in town.

Alex

Fantastic dog walk this morning starting in mist and finishing in sunshine. I’m sure the dogs prefer it when it’s sunny like this as well.

IMG_5845IMG_5838IMG_5837IMG_5841IMG_5834

Alex

IMG_5844

And this is how I expect the rest of my day to go :)

onehundredthidiot

PXL_20241004_053430631PXL_20241004_053944467Had a couple extended dog walks but today was a 5mile run but had to be early as heading for dept lunch and have to go as I’m the boss.

Not a bad morning though.

munrobiker
    Free Member

slightly envious of where you guys all live with easy access to the countryside and hills as I prep to head to work in town.

Every bit of exercise I’ve done on a weekday so far has been from central Edinburgh! You just need to live in the right town ;)

warton
    Free Member

Thursday was running club  session – Lamposts. hard 30 mins, and Warm Up and Cool Down

Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 648 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.