Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • WHY so many roadie threads?
  • jonrambo
    Free Member

I thought this was a mountain bike forum! I for one dont like to be associated wid a roadie cos its an entirely different sport init!? Simples! 🙄 and if this carries on i will have to leave this forum and go elsewhere!!!! 😐

mogrim

Bye then!

What’s the mean frequency for this thread topic? It seems to come up with monotonous regularity…

wwaswas

I don’t know what you get out of these threads.

Every month or so you post something like this trying to wind people up – your ‘threads started’ list is like a beginners guide to trolling.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Grow up mate – a bikes a bike..

phil.w
    Free Member

don’t forget your coat on your way out.

trickydisco
    Free Member

Not this again!

Rules

Topics on the Bike forum should be restricted to discussion about bikes. A non exhaustive list of allowed topics include, bikes, components, rides, biking holidays, travel, mags…. Without stating the bleeding obvious we will assume you get the idea.

sc-xc

I love Jon Rambo threads. I’m going to sell my road bike if it keeps you here…

atlaz
    Free Member

You know, because a lot of us just like riding bikes, no matter what they are

Gary_M
    Free Member

and if this carries on i will have to leave this forum and go elsewhere!!!!

**** off then.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

grum
    Free Member

Every month or so you post something like this trying to wind people up – your ‘threads started’ list is like a beginners guide to trolling.

😆

It does get a bit silly during the TdF IMO but each to their own I suppose.

mogrim

Still, this thread’s never going to be a classic like “Why are trails centres full of lycra clad le pan de choco bouys?”, though. The title alone was pure class.

slimjim78
    Free Member

dont push him!

ton

i reckon rambo dont like road rides cos he can only ride his bike for 2 hours max, and only on a tuesday night, and then only downhill.
    i reckon he wears flats too, so he can walk uphill in em…………………. 😀

mogrim

He can only ride for two hours cos his mum won’t let him out on his own for any longer than that. Nothing to do with fitness.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I agree STW never used to have a single thing muttered about road bikes because:

People on the forum didnt ride them

You would get ridiculed for talking about them and accused of being gay etc.

The reasons I think they are talked about more now is:
    The STW forum user is getting older and their old bones can not handle the Gnar’ness of mountain bikes.

Some STW folk have only ever ridden mtb’s all their life (see above narrow mindedeness) and now realise they are actually ok.

People have too much disposable income and need at least 10 bikes.

hammerite
    Free Member

I fell asleep watching Rambo III last night.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out…. And risk damaging the remaining brain cell.

MrKmkII
    Free Member

JON RAMBO MIGHT LEAVE?! that’ll be a sad day in hell. or something. a happy day here mind…

cynic-al
    Free Member

WHAT A TOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/u]

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

See this is the kind of abuse you got a few years back for posting about riding road bikes 🙂

sefton
    Free Member

bet your glad you posted this up ey???? 😆

Taff
    Free Member

It’s not a shaving or running forum either but hey ho

peakmonster
    Free Member

Average Stw’er too fat too risk using proper rodie website!

ton

i reckon rambo has been pretty succesfull in his quest……… 😆

JonR
    Free Member
    TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I only start roadie based threads to draw all the lurking pink lycra loving wimps out into the light, then I sit here at my desk laughing at them.

God, I’m frickin’ Awesome!!!

mikey74
    Free Member

WHY so many roadie threads?

Because you touch yourself at night, that’s why.

mudshark
    Free Member

JON RAMBO MIGHT LEAVE?! that’ll be a sad day in hell. or something. a happy day here mind…

Maybe we should have a ‘vote poster off’ button, once enough people vote the poster is deleted…well the account is.

winterfold
    Free Member

“peakmonster – Member

Average Stw’er too fat too risk using proper rodie website! “

This.

Roady threads on here are not proper roady threads.

Roadies never ask each other about bikes or clothes or upgrades. Its a sure sign of being slow and not hard enough.

These are threads about road bikes by people too gay for MTBing and who dont like it anymore cos its no longer niche.

sefton
    Free Member

😆

FuzzyWuzzy

Lots have MTBs and road bikes for starters and apart from Bike Radar there’s not many other UK forums for road stuff (the road.cc forum would be the logical place but that’s like a ghost town).

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Bikes are fun. Doesn’t matter how wide the tyres are or where there ridden really. It’s all better than sitting on the sofa.

will
    Free Member

mcboo
    Free Member

Anyone who gives themselves jon rambo as a forum name deserves all the pant lifts that are coming to him.

HermanShake
    Free Member

Isn’t Jon Rambo someone’s troll name on here? 😆

justatheory
    Free Member

Don’t you know what happens when you back John Rambo in to a corner?

diawl2
    Free Member

Does he eat things that’d make a billy goat puke?

diawl2
    Free Member

Let it go, let….it…..go.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

“peakmonster – Member

Average Stw’er too fat too risk using proper rodie website! “

This.

Roady threads on here are not proper roady threads.

Roadies never ask each other about bikes or clothes or upgrades. Its a sure sign of being slow and not hard enough.

These are threads about road bikes by people who are interested in riding bikes but possibly have more knowledge of and a background in mountain biking, and don’t want to ask simple questions on a road-specific site where they feel they will be bullied and ridiculed for being ignorant noobs. As this is primarily an MTB site there is less willy-waving and snobbery about road bikes, and more chance of a useful reply.

FIFY.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘WHY so many roadie threads?’ is closed to new replies.