Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 148 total)
  • whats better, cats or dogs?
  • philconsequence
    Free Member

i’m having a fight with molly on facebook at the moment after he took an oatmeal cartoon personally

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/cats_actually_kill

so which is the better pet, cats or dogs?

you gotta post a reason why though, or at least a photo, everyone loves photos of cats and dogs

camo16
    Free Member

I like dogs better, but cats make better ninjas.

z1ppy

Neither, there both ace in different ways.

camo16
    Free Member

footflaps

Our cats inspect all my joinery, not sure you’d get a dog to do that….

Jeff inspects the joinery by brf, on Flickr

binners

Cats are miles better. They’re ace, and they don’t make your house smelly. Theres the nagging suspicion they’re plotting to kill me in my sleep, but hey ho! Thats the risk you take

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0ffwDYo00Q[/video]

People with dogs – you may have blanked it out as you’re no doubt used to it, but your house smells like an open sewer in a South African Shanty town! Sorry, but that’s the way it is

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

<pedant>

*Which* is better. There are only two.

Tsk!

</pedant>

mintimperial

Cats.

They just are.

unklehomered
    Free Member

Dogs.

much more personality.

Drac

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NRVlyX5N7Y[/video]

Thread closed.

z1ppy

unklehomered – Member
    Dogs.
    much more personality.

Never had a cat then eh?

grum
    Free Member

Dogs are for the emotionally needy. Cats FTW.

camo16
    Free Member

Thread closed

See, that’s the difference.

Dog fetches beer.
    Cat drinks beer.

Drac

camo16
    Free Member

Meanwhile, back in dogtown…

molgrips
    Free Member

I like cats better. Dogs are stupid and annoying, mostly. And not as soft. And you have to pick up their poo, they don’t bury it. And they smell bad. And they bite kids.

Cats harm local wildlife though, if there are too many. Best thing is not to have either.

Drac

camo16
    Free Member

Meanwhile…

IanMunro
    Free Member

Tricky one.
    I like dogs, cos they’re easy to impress, and constantly happy.
    But cat’s are great because they need less maintenance than a pot plant, and you don’t have to go to the effort of training them to shit in the neighbours garden.

binners

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA_Tl1kvlQU[/video]

thepurist

Anyone been bitten by a cat while out riding?? Thought not, so that makes cats a clear winner.

willard

It depends.

Dogs give you unconditional love and encourage you to have an active lifestyle. They are soulmates and your best friend and can be trained to find drugs, bombs or people hidden under debris or up mountains. They will also guard you and your loved ones if required and are loyal to the grave.

Cats are lovely if you want a low maintenance pet that will give you fuss when it wants it, but provides that added touch of risk for which you might get scratched.

Cats make better lolcat photos though.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Anyone been bitten by a cat while out riding?? Thought not, so that makes cats a clear winner.

Good point!

camo16
    Free Member

Good point!

Yeah, but when I was a kid a cat’s ‘up yours, human’ paw swipe almost took my eye out… and it wasn’t even trying.

Cats would bite cyclists if they could be arsed running that fast/lying in wait.

footflaps

I think people underestimate how sociable cats are.

Our two can hear either of us at the front door and rush there to greet us when we come home. They follow us round the house (inc waiting by the bathroom door if you go to the Loo). One of then even comes when called no matter what he’s doing.

unklehomered
    Free Member

I like cats better. Dogs are stupid and annoying, mostly. And not as soft. And you have to pick up their poo, they don’t bury it, in other peoples gardens, where the lettuce and rocket is planted.

FTFY

And they bite kids.

Yeah, all the time, just none stop child biting. I’m out on the moors, turn my head for one moment, look back – there he is with a baby’s skull in his jaws, take it off him, throw it away, 2 seconds later he’s got it again. And don’t even get me started on walking through town on a busy saturday, bite bite bite bite bite bite, none stop child biting.

Rorschach
    Free Member
    footflaps

they don’t bury it, in other peoples gardens, where the lettuce and rocket is planted.

I’ve had to put weed proof membrane on a neighbours flower beds (with plants poking through) to dissuade our cats from using it as a loo. All in the name of good neighbourly relations….

bearnecessities

CountZero

Thank you, this thread has got Monday off to an excellent start, good thing I can’t be heard giggling in the other room here at work… 😆

bearnecessities

khani
    Free Member

Both good, the main difference is dogs have masters, cats have servants…
    Apart from toy poodles, which have some weird dog/cat split personality thing going on.. and Siamese cats which are batshit mental murdering bastards..

molgrips
    Free Member

Yeah, all the time

Look I wasn’t being serious with that, but as a kid I must’ve been bitten properly, with puncture wounds and blood, five or six times by random dogs when simply trying to get away from them, and only nipped once by a cat when I obviously pissed it off.

camo16
    Free Member

That’s a high dog bite quota, molgrips… I have one in my back catalogue, but a far higher quota of abuse from cats with a low tolerance level and an eye for carefully aimed damage.

mightymule
    Free Member

They are both ace.

Cougar

They look joined at the hip. Is it a siamese?

molgrips
    Free Member

That’s a high dog bite quota, molgrips

Yeah, the thing is you come into contact with dogs all the time, when out walking, at a car park, in cul de sacs, all over. And they have this aggression thing going on. Just last night when out running I saw two dogs being walked by their owners, they were both on leads of course but both of them kicked off at me. Never had a cat look like it wanted to attack me as I was just out and about…

Also never ridden though cat shit on the trails or sat in it on a picnic but that’s another issue.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJFp272w9u8[/video]

unklehomered
    Free Member

So they bite you. Fair enough then, but as a dog owner saying all dogs bite kids is like saying all fathers are like joseph fritzel or all men are rapists.

Some dogs bite (very small fraction, tiny), either as a result of previous mal treatment, or just some dogs are a bit mental in the head (poor breeding can be a big contribuer), but there’s often a clear sign before the event. Out of the blue bitings are very rare. Behind a biting dog is the irrespsonsability of people somewhere along the way. But then most violent criminals have given warnings along the way too.

EDIT: I’m wondering now following your other posts if you give off some kind of anti dog vibe, Can I borrow you and do some tests? You seem like a dog anger bomb.

Junkyard
    Free Member

when you die a cat will not vist your grave. FFS if you stop feeding it it will never even visit you.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 148 total)

The topic ‘whats better, cats or dogs?’ is closed to new replies.