Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 148 total)
  • whats better, cats or dogs?
  • wrecker
    Free Member

I could be wrong, but I don’t think dogs do that either.

No matter how much you train them.
    I like dogs. I like cats, and ducks and bears and hedgehogs and geese and pigs and spiders and etc etc.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Well that’s dog owners, not the dogs

I reckon it’s the dogs. I’ve never met a dog owner who says they do it, but the evidence is there for all to see, so it’s got to be the dogs. Or maybe the cats trying to frame them.

molgrips
    Free Member

I could be wrong, but I don’t think dogs do that either.

Quite right, they don’t put it in trees, they leave it right in the middle of the trail instead. Much better.

Blerch.

Pigface
    Free Member

For some reason cats mouths are so choc full of bad bacteria its a wonder there is room for teeth, bad news to get a bad bite off one.

I have met some realy agro cats but on the whole they are pretty mellow and will leg it they dont want to be bothered. Used to have a cat that followed us on walks, one day she didn’t come home so I went to where we had seen her last, shouted “Sonic” and she came flying out of some bushes climbed up on my shoulder and got a lift home. She was a very special cat 😆

On my bike trip down the west coast a few years back I went past this house and the rotweiler that lived there went beserk, it was chained up but charging at me and reaching the end of its chain and somersaulting like in a cartoon, if that thing had got loose it could of killed you. The first thing the people I was travelling with said when we reached camp was “Did you see that dog”

Cats and dogs rock 😆

clubber
    Free Member

Cats definitely

wrecker
    Free Member

Quite right, they don’t put it in trees, they leave it right in the middle of the trail instead. Much better.

Do you think cats only pooh in litter trays? 😯

unklehomered
    Free Member

Cats poo in which ever bit of the garden you’re currently planting things the evil little ****.

Cat owners should pay into a fund to provide the rest of us with those sonic noise things. I’m always disappointed the scale only goes up to “Strong”. Thinking of modding one to add the settings, “Alarming”, “Terror”, “Occular Bleeding”, “Palpatations”, “Involuntary Cranial Eruption”.

philconsequence
    Free Member

one of the cats i grew up with dribbled like a leaking tap the moment he started purring, which was 90% of the time cos he was a little slut who’d cuddle the table leg if you weren’t 110% committed to devoting every little ounce of your being into cuddling him. the other cat noticed the dribbling and copied.

had 4 dogs so far in my life, none of them have drooled.

never been bitten by a dog, been scratched/bitten by several cats.

they’re both cool animals and i think they’re both winners for different reasons.

molgrips
    Free Member

Do you think cats only pooh in litter trays?

Not once have I had to clean cat poo off my bike, my shoes, or myself.

Cat owners should pay into a fund to provide the rest of us with those sonic noise things.

Only if those lovely responsible dog owners pay money to have lots of wardens patrolling the trails prosecuting owners who leave their shit everywhere.

It’s actually really bad where we live. I can’t let my young kids run around on the playing fields, or examine the plants and trees etc, because of the amount of dogshit everywhere.

binners

I’ve also never been kept awake at night by a cat in a nearby back garden, endlessly meowing at a ridiculous volume, and for absolutely no discernible reason whatsoever, ALL ****ING NIGHT!!!!! 👿

unklehomered
    Free Member

My sister binned a pair of pumps she was wearing while gardening at my Dads over the weekend after they got so covered she didn’t think they could be saved. Why leave your home to find pet poo and when the pet can bring the poo to you. I’ve never ridden through dog poo (have had to remove from trails once or twice, does annoy me), but I tend to stand in cat poo in my garden more than dog poo out and about.

Also spend much of the time weeding knowing I can smell it but unable to locate source cos the little **** weasels hide it.

Binners – if you live in leeds the Cats will eneact some form of Vagnerian opera of a similar length to the Ring Cycle for your entertainment. The plot is difficult to fathom, and the tunes distressful to the ear but it sounds epic!

molgrips
    Free Member

Has cat poo rendered your local play area unsuitable for playing?

Also spend much of the time weeding knowing I can smell it but unable to locate source cos the little **** weasels hide it.

Ah well, that’s where dogs clearly win, since it’s easy to locate dog poo. All over my bike, my camelbak, my saddle.. the stench is so vile there can be no doubt if a spec is mud or poo.

MSP

It’s actually really bad where we live. I can’t let my young kids run around on the playing fields, or examine the plants and trees etc, because of the amount of dogshit everywhere.

It’s health and safety gone maard!

Back in the good old days, white dog poo was almost as much fun as a cardboard box.

unklehomered
    Free Member

Has cat poo rendered your local play area unsuitable for playing

by local would that include my own GARDEN?

wrecker
    Free Member

I’ve never had to clear up dog pooh in my own garden left by a neighbors pet.
    Whilst we’re at it, what about those birds? A dog’s never poohed on my car…….

I can’t let my young kids run around on the playing fields, or examine the plants and trees etc, because of the amount of dogshit everywhere.

In all fairness, that’s disgusting. It’s not the dogs fault though.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Do you think cats only pooh in litter trays?

what is this give a nearly related fact in response to a question day?

Ok so now we have established that cats and dogs poo in different areas what next?
    I think we have established than neither set of owners clean up after their pets either and no one supports this

molgrips
    Free Member

by local would that include my own GARDEN?

Is it really that bad that your kids can’t play in the garden?

grum
    Free Member

I think we have established than neither set of owners clean up after their pets either and no one supports this

Difference is though most cats have litter trays and use them at least some of the time.

I think it’s reasonable to suggest that dog shit is more of a blight on society than cat shit.

bearnecessities

My cat is quite easy to wash.

camo16
    Free Member

There’s nothing funnier than an annoyed cat in a wig. Fact.

unklehomered
    Free Member

I think it’s reasonable to suggest that dog shit is more of a blight on society than cat shit.

Cat shit is a blight on the individual. There’s a Thatcher gag in there somewhere… just can’t quite get at it…

philconsequence
    Free Member

excellent, i’m glad we’re all in agreement on this then. a good dog is generally the product of a good owner (bit like kids) whereas there’s no such thing as a good cat, just psychopathic little killers.

camo16
    Free Member

just psychopathic little killers.

hopefully wearing wigs

Junkyard
    Free Member

Probably but I rarely hear folk on here complaining about their neighbours dog shitting in their garden so I guess it depends but you are probably correct.
    Neither are big issues in my life tbh.

footflaps

hopefully wearing wigs

Will ties do?

George by brf, on Flickr

Jeff the killing machine by brf, on Flickr

molgrips
    Free Member

It does happen, my inlaws have that problem.

If you think there’s no such thing as a good cat, you never met Kennedy. Who is now owned by flippinheckler.

camo16
    Free Member

😆 footflaps

Now engineer up a cat safety helmet and your work is done.

piemonster

Somewhere in Thames house, the computer counting how often “Thatcher” gets typed into the Internet is on the verge of exploding.

Rorschach
    Free Member

We should all just get along
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSEd6O0bBFs[/video]

flyingmonkeycorps

Friend of mine has an aggresive cat. Not kidding, its an asbsolutely ****, to everyone. It actually bits if you go pet it. ONly one like that I’ve ever encountered. Sits on me, stares in my face basically saying “You so much as touch me and I will shred the skin from your bones.” – thing is its ginger and fat and I find it hilarious, convulse in laughter, which also gets me bitten…

Ah Gavin…

See I think both are awesome… I wouldn’t trade our Maisie for a dog in a million years, but I’d like a doggie as well.

I think what you need to know is this.

Cats: Completely self centred, cold hearted , utterly adorable bastards. Much smarter than you, me, or him. Also really stupid.

Dogs: Thick as two short planks. Possibly thicker. Dead easy to train – if you do it right. Also dead easy to make into slobbering babies face eating snarlmachines.

NormalMan

Ah! But cats read Singletrack

molgrips
    Free Member

Cats are more beautiful though.

binners

Vicious cats? The recently squashed departed cat in our local – Eric Catona – used to come and curl up on your knee, and nuzzle you, being a big softy. Lulling you into a false sense of security, as you’d be casually chatting, while stroking him. At this point the little sod would get his claws out, then absolutely sink his teeth into your hand.

Loads of people used to bring there dogs into the pub, but they all knew not to mess with Eric. Still sadly missed. The psychotic little bastard! 🙁

derek_starship
    Free Member

Cats because they are beautiful and no where as needy as dogs.

This is Button Starship!

binners

Oh, is it turning into a ‘show us your….’ thread

Here’s our two…

The cats by binlidski, on Flickr

Che, and Nelson reclining….

The cats by binlidski, on Flickr

and the afore-mentioned Eric, the pub cat…

Eric Catona by binlidski, on Flickr

anagallis_arvensis

Dogs are better than cats as when you go out you can put leads on then and then they dont get run over by cars. Lost two cats like that when i was a kid.
    Dogs can be worse though, depends on the owner. As an example of the best and worst a few weeks ago I was in the park playing football with my two year old son. My lurcher was off searching the trees for something to chase. A small yappy type dog ran up to the ball and tried to bite it. Anagallis junior got the hump at this ( hes lost a few balls to dogs) bent down to pick up the ball and shouted no to the dig. All this time I’d been running over to him as i could see what might happen. Yappy dog snapped at him just missing. It didnt get the chance to try again as Kea had it in her mouth and bought it to me! A cat wouldnt do either of those things.

Drac

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3dm7thiicY[/video]

khani
    Free Member

Thomas and Nasty cat..

When they’re not fighting and tormenting each other they’re like this

With added Poodle..

MSP

See, I knew this would happen, needy bloody cat owners posting pictures of their baby substitutes.

piemonster

Needy cat owners you say

P1020603 by piemonster, on Flickr

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 148 total)

The topic ‘whats better, cats or dogs?’ is closed to new replies.