Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 615 total)
  • Website redesign – Update
  • Mark

As you all know by now, yesterday we launched a new responsive website. Contrary to some comments we have been testing it quietly behind the scenes prior to yesterday’s launch 🙂

However, there’s always bugs that only surface once you are live and it’s those bugs that we are now working hard to fix. The iPad display bug is top of that list and I’ll update you later when I have more to report.

So, sorry it’s a bit buggy for some of you. We are working very hard to fix the new bugs.

[Mod Edit – please see previous discussion here, as any questions may already have been answered: http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/adaptive-stw ]

funkmasterp

Thanks for the update. The mobile version seems great on the iPhone.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Oh! Hadn’t noticed on my android phone

ulysse
    Free Member

It’s great on an Android phone here, and last night on a Windows 10 desktop was flawless.
    Great work!

Alphabet

Thanks for the update, all good on my Android phone.

stevious

Looks really good – much more usable on the iPhone than before. Looks better on desktop too.

leffeboy

Loving it on windows phone. Much easier to read

Pook

Chrome on Android phone. No zoom.

swavis

Overall I love it, including the new green buttons. Only thing I miss is the pinch zoom on my android phone, it helps when looking at pic’s and stuff.

Mark

It looks great on most devices now but not all yet. We are working to fix that.

There’s some design changes that will need to be made too. The fact the Forum overview button/link is not displayed when you are in a forum thread will be sorted soon. I know that makes navigation on a mobile easier. Plus we have a few ideas for improving the forum page layout on mobiles so you can get directly to the last page on the post, even when the forum thread title is truncated.

So, sorry for the glitches but please bear with us 🙂

scotroutes

Pinch-zoom on Android-Chrome…

Settings
    Accessibility
    Force Enable Zoom

Mark

And the zoom… 🙂

Which still works in some browsers but not others. Safari works. Chrome doesn’t. Definitely on the list.

mt
    Free Member

Well it’s not working so well on my IPad. Those adds in the middle of the thread are very irritating. The zoom in n out does not seem to be working.

Happy Christmas.

acidtest
    Free Member

Thanks for the update.

ulysse
    Free Member

In chrome I’d previously set the default text size in accessibility, so the forum text is now the same as all other web content without needing to pinch zoom as with the old style forum code

tthew

Is this the default issue reporting thread? Anyway, only thing I’ve noticed font sizes not being consistent in quote text on the mobile version, (which is what I’m getting when reducing the window size at work to be a bit discrete)

Stoner
    Free Member

As someone smarter than me posted on the other thread, in android chrome, go to settings, accessibility and select force pinch zoom to override the website settings.

Cougar

Is this the default issue reporting thread?

I have no idea. TBH, I think I’m going to say “yes” and close the other one. If nothing else the URL is a bit more obvious as to what it means (either that or the redesign has broken people’s bloody eyes as well).

poly
    Free Member

there’s always bugs that only surface once you are live

perhaps with very weird or unusual bugs, but there are plenty of services that will let you test across many devices. my developers only get away with saying “but there will always be bugs” once. Anyone who continually argues bugs are the norm gets shown the door!

molgrips
    Free Member

Poly’s post on this thread is in a smaller font size than the rest…?

Also.. all the text is really quite big, with no option to make it smaller? It is larger than the default I have set in chrome (android)

IHN

Contrary to some comments we have been testing it quietly behind the scenes prior to yesterday’s launch

Testing it thoroughly would have been more useful.

there’s always bugs that only surface once you are live

This is true, but many of the bugs that you’ve gone live with are the type that should be caught by testing.

Ewan
    Free Member

Working well on windows 7 + chrome, my Lollypop android device (vodafone smart ultra 6) and also my marshmellow device (vodafone smart ultra 7).

Good update.

peteimpreza

Zoom not working in safari on my iPad today .

scotroutes

molgrips – Member
    Poly’s post on this thread is in a smaller font size than the rest…?

Quotes break the font size setting

FWIW I love the button colour. Is there a RAL colour for that?

anagallis_arvensis

Too busy skipping to the top to post

Junkyard
    Free Member

thisTHIS on a chrome book

also quoted text is the size it used to be and any other comment MASSIVE again
    Not great to look at

PS why did you o something like this at Xmas? everyone in work should be freewheeling today….you should be more like your users and less dedicated 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

not a fix on a chromebook as no setting in chrome to do this- may be my ineptness

vinnyeh

Just realised, the redesign has seen the end of Times New Roman on my browser… 🙁

hammyuk
    Free Member

You need a “back to top” link Mark on the pages regardless of device.

Cougar

You don’t need a “back to top” button, you need whatever’s so important at the top putting at the bottom as well. (Which TBF was always a bugbear of mine with the ‘classic’ site design.)

Mark

Ok.. So if iPad/tablet users could hit refresh now….

dannybgoode

Way better on mobile devices. Top work…

teethgrinder

Now bearable on android if you request desktop site.

whitestone
    Free Member

You don’t need a “back to top” button on iPad you just tap the top of the screen, it’s an inbuilt feature to Safari on iOS

bikebouy
    Free Member

Thanks Mark and Team, but you really ought to out riding bikes rather than being brow beaten by MAWCBs, just sayin.

swavis

Settings
    Accessibility
    Force Enable Zoom

No such option on my Galaxy S6 😕

Cougar

No such option on my Galaxy S6

What browser?

andybrad

If we report a bug can we get 6 months free subscription or something?

leffeboy

Free coffee tamper of course

hammyuk
    Free Member

Cougar – Moderator
    You don’t need a “back to top” button, you need whatever’s so important at the top putting at the bottom as well. (Which TBF was always a bugbear of mine with the ‘classic’ site design.)

perhaps Cougar however on PC/Mac scrolling back to the top to do anything else is antiquated – especially when pages here can run to the number of posts they do.
    either put the forum headers there too or a “back to the top” link.

edit – oh look – there’s now a puce green “skip to top” button….

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 615 total)

The topic ‘Website redesign – Update’ is closed to new replies.