Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 615 total)
  • Website redesign – Update
  • CountZero

EDIT: seems to be working, perhaps the internet doesn’t like or approve of my nuggets? Nothing to see here, move along. My coat is just there.

There are some things that, once seen, cannot be unseen… 😉

Cougar

Anyone else getting asked if they want to save racingpost.apk when browsing the forum on an Android device?

I’ve reported that. Screen shots would help I expect.

fifeandy
    Free Member

Forum running like a hog on chrome both on android and desktop for last week or so.

Had dodgy popup trying to get me to download bogus chrome update earlier whilst on here earlier.

milky1980
    Free Member

Anyone else getting asked if they want to save racingpost.apk when browsing the forum on an Android device?

Yep, no screenshot as Chrome is flagging it as a dangerous link so it redirects to the Play Store. Only way to clear it is to restart Chrome otherwise it sucks huge amounts of data in the background.

First time I’ve tried accessing this site via mobile in a while and it’s still a pile of poo, back to desktop only (with Premier Experience Plugin* 😉 ) for another few weeks.

* I’m copyrighting that 💡

shermer75
    Free Member

Got this little beauty just now..

scotroutes

Let me help you with that…

Cougar

Reported, ta for the screenshot.

shermer75
    Free Member

Thanks! 🙂

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Scotroutes, i can’t believe you’re spoofing shermer’s ip!

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

“it sucks a huge amount of data in the background”

I’ve mentioned it before, but I’ll mention it again : This site seems to swallow megabytes of data in the background if you leave it open in Chrome (mobile).

I guess it might be my device (and the Huawei background data notifications are notorious for being very annoying) but the usage significantly ups my daily figures if I don’t actually close chrome, or, leave it on another page.

Noticeably less so with a P, like down from 5 megs an hour to a few KB.

mrblobby
    Free Member

It’s still rubbish on an iPhone 🙁

scotroutes

🙄
    😆

zippykona

Then I woke up and it was all a dream

leffeboy

we have long since realised that the target of being able to go straight to the last post never mind page is one that is only in the mind of the user and involves way too few clicks to be of any interest to anyone with an analytics page in their shortcuts

bikebouy
    Free Member

Is it 2009?
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-wGMlSuX_c[/video]

Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 615 total)

The topic ‘Website redesign – Update’ is closed to new replies.