Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 100 total)
  • Toys that you never had when you were a kid but want now
  • mos

Reading this & looking on Brickfactory makes me realise i wasn’t as badly done to as i thought.
    Mind you i nearly creamed in my elasticated waist bry0nylon britches every time i saw a schumacher cat or an associated RC10

fuzzhead
    Free Member

stumpy01

Just remembered, I had one of these & loved it:

How about this too?? Big Loader:

Our Boxer stood on the ramp & snapped it about an hour after I got it. Boo Hoo. We fixed it, but it would only get up the ramp unassisted after that with really fresh batteries.

Cougar

This was AWESOME.

Best thing was, it was three separate ships that all docked together.

Which reminds me, I need to go put something in the TV Shows thread.

rossi46
    Free Member

I always liked the look of the Avante & Egress, but I think for the money they were considered pretty mediocre compared to the competition. If I’d have been spending that sort of money, it would have been on something like a Kyosho Optima Mid. A mate had one and it was fantastic

Very true, but just like real cars, say Lamborghini, they are really just for posing arent they? Well when i was at school they were.
    That Schumacher Cat was also on my list of lust! But for racing not posing!
    Top of that list was one of these:

And that Death Star was just a bit of cardboard really wasnt it?
    My 3 years old son has a Peppa Pig Grandad Dog garage. Made of cardboard. £30…… thirty f***ing quid!
    Some things havent changed!

rossi46
    Free Member

Ah Evel Kneivel was the daddy!

Harry_the_Spider

I can’t see Monkeyflyingcorps’ picture. Was it this?

I had one. It was indeed awesome.

This version of the Evel Kenievel was rubbish though. It just used to fall of the launcher and twitch about on the floor… Much like Evel himself during his drinking days.

unovolo
    Free Member

Residing in a drawer currently I have a “Pocket Simon” which sounds slightly disturbing but I’m sure folks will remember it..

Also have a Nintendo Game & Watch “Snoopy Tennis”

Shame its not one of the more collectable ones.
    Also have a Raleigh Burner that I have recently restored ,Had a Falcon Pro BMX as a kid but always hankered for a Burner like my bro had with Mag wheels so decided to build myself one.

rossi46
    Free Member

Loving all this stuff!

That Raleigh Mag Burner is just like my old one that i used to ride for years. Mine was white with black wheels and my mum and dad bought it for me when i was 10. It was to replace my Raleigh Tomahawk that i put through a wall in my first downhill race with Brian from down the road. I found the brakes didnt work half way down the hill!

Although mine was much rustier than this- my grandad rescued it from a skip!

Klunk
    Free Member

mini drift
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCmIDIn-emk[/video]

Rorschach
    Free Member

I actually did have a schumacher cat 😀 but I was spoilt…

slimtubing
    Free Member

I always lusted after the Henshin Cyborg range- so much cooler than action man.

rossi46
    Free Member

Love those Mini Z’s. I actually have one now!

Great for wazzing round the front room!

Im looking for a Midnight Pumpkin, anyone remember those?

They were quite crap (compared to Schumachers, Associated etc), but huge fun and ‘cool as F*** ‘. Plus my mates had either one of those or a Lunchbox, Blackfoot or the ultimate Clod Buster.

Nearly had one on ebay for £50. Havent seen one since. And they make stupid money still…

sharki
    Free Member

Would like an original rubiks magic, to see i i can get anywhere near the 2.08 sec i used to when i unofficially broke the record time to do it.

Deveron53
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GG3IV6VI8-c[/video]

one day…

matthewjb
    Free Member

I had meccano and lots of Technical Lego.

What I wanted was a R/C car and a Momod steam engine.

A few years ago I looked into getting a R/C car. After some research I’d almost decided to spend around £500. In the end I reluctantly concluded that I wouldn’t use it enough to justify the money.

I’ve got a wood burning stove to compensate for the lack of Mamod.

lord
    Free Member

got this bad boy , its just great , put a layback post , fresh tyres and the aeroyal saddle , get yourself one

Cougar

I can’t see Monkeyflyingcorps’ picture. Was it this?

OH MY GOD!

I had that kit. It was awesome. Thanks for posting, I’d no idea what it was.

Would like an original rubiks magic

My OH got me the Master’s Edition Rubik’s Magic for Christmas, because she rocks. I reckon I wouldn’t be far off your time on the original, but I’m scared to open the Master’s…!

aracer
    Free Member

I wanted planes not cars – and now I’ve scratched that itch (currently up to 6 helis, 3 planes with a couple more in build). For anybody else tempted by them I should point out that Spitfires are really bad beginners planes (Mustangs almost as bad) as they’re hard to fly – far better off starting with something like this instead:
    http://www.brentfordrc.co.uk/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=2478

rossi46
    Free Member

I also loved my boats, a Kyosho Fairwind was one i wanted.

And a bloomin fast powerboat to go with it!

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 100 total)

The topic ‘Toys that you never had when you were a kid but want now’ is closed to new replies.