Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • STOLEN haslingden new build cove shocker 2012 fox 40s STOLEN BUILT 7 WEEKS AGO
  • watsontony
    Free Member

my mate yellow cove shocker has been stolen im so pissed off with the thieving scrotes. he had it locked up at work in the bike hut. the lock has been cut and the bike taken. this is nearly a world cup spec bike if anyone hears anything please let me know. this is some of the spec. 2010 cove shocker small and yellow (frame bought brand new 7 weeks ago) 2012 fox 40’s brand new saint cranks halo wheelset black, crank bro 50/50 pedals hope m4 brakes with floating rotors……..

please please get in touch. the friend of mine is realy upset and not got insurence he has been saving for this build for 3 years. if you see anything please text or call me on 07751746299 or just post in the thread

philfive
    Free Member

were abouts in haslingden?

watsontony
    Free Member

cars inds estate was locked up at 12.30 and gone by 1

binners

Will keep my eyes peeled for this. It sounds quite distinctive

Got any pictures you can post up?

jedi

i have tweeted it for you too

chorlton
    Free Member

I’m in Rawtenstall so will keep a look out. Should be easy to spot a yellow bike.
    Scrotes pinched my P7 earlier this year. Still looking though probably ended up on the back of a pikey wagon.

watsontony
    Free Member

no pics. we would have pics but its not even been used yet a day at gisburn and a few rides to work. really wish i had took some pics. it does stand out. bright yellow frame with kashmire fox 40’s with black lowers. saint cranks e13 chain guide and bash guard fox dhx 5.0 will try and find a close copy of it on google later but of out now to meet my mate…. dunno what we gona do to sort this shit out…..any one think the work should have it covered. at first they had complaints about him keeping it in the factory so they built a bike hut outside so he has left it locked up and covered in a bike cover after 30mins it had gone

xiphon
    Free Member

Saving for so long, yet forgot to budget in insurance.

When will people learn?

wwaswas

Saving for so long, yet forgot to budget in insurance.

When will people learn?

nice timing.

dustytrails

Thieving Scum – I’ve had bikes stolen & it’s not nice, especially when it’s your custom pride n joy!! Hope your mate get’s it back

njee20
    Free Member

Saving for so long, yet forgot to budget in insurance. Riding a woefully inappropriate, incredibly expensive and very ‘attractive’ bike to a place a work then leaving it unattended for hours, day after day.

When will people learn?

FTFY.

Hope he gets it back!

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

😥 :cry:ALL round.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Hope he gets it back. I’ve been on the receiving end of bike theives twice but as others have said, no insurance and riding an expensive (looking as well) downhill bike to work and leaving it locked in an unattended shed? Madness…

montylikesbeer

I’m in the valley and will keep an eye out, grim news

watsontony
    Free Member

i understand that riding a nice dh bike to work for most people is needless but this was his only bike and is locked and coverd up. there is cctv footage of a white transit van (2010ish and the diesel cap was either missing or black) turning around in the car park at the time but the camera was not working near the bike shelter. also the footage of the van is that poor that the number plate is unreadable.

would anyone know if the work insurance should pay out?

on other days he has used it for work he has left it inside the factory.

there had been complaints so had been asked to leave it outside in the bike shelter.

so he has left it where instructed coverd up and locked and the scumbags have take it

tomhoward

The company insurance will only cover company property so unless work own the bike, he’s knackered on that front. Hope he finds it.

xiphon
    Free Member

Smells of an inside job…. how did the thieves know it was covered up, in a shed?

watsontony
    Free Member

not a clue but he has had a recent feud with “the window shutter” to cut a long story short one guy walks around saying he is cold (only wearing a tee-shirt) closing windows when everyone else is hot…………………… this would seem a bit extreme for a petty thing like that?

bones76
    Free Member

It makes me wonder if someone at your work is involved??!! No cctv and someone not wanting the bike left inside??!! just my thought…But i have to agree and i know its hard not too but riding that type of bike to work is asking for trouble, that said i hope it turns up in one piece

watsontony
    Free Member

cheers for the help guys. we are hope full such a distinctive bike will turn up. we just know it could be months, if anyone even thinks they have seen it either in the woods on the street anywhere please let me know asap all leads will be followed up!!!!

watsontony
    Free Member

the bike is believed to be in waterfoot area still.
    someone has been trying to sell it in the pub and around town

watsontony
    Free Member

has anyone seen this bike on there travels? we are still looking for her and still hopeful to get her back… maybe.

just thought i would try and keep this bike fresh in the stw’ers minds. cheers tony

trailster
    Free Member

I cant describe the feeling of hatred I get towards the scum that steal 👿 Bring back Hanging Please 😈

philfive
    Free Member

Is that Accrington skate park?

watsontony
    Free Member

yea it is phil

philfive
    Free Member

That will stick out a mile around here.

konadad
    Free Member

is that the owner or a scrote in the picture ? skate park down the road from me. will keep an eye out

philfive
    Free Member

Where in accy are you konadad?

watsontony
    Free Member

is that the owner or a scrote in the picture ?

that was before it was stolen not the owner in the pic but think the owner took the pic. my mates pretty much got over it now but would be nice to have the bike back in whatever state it might be in.

ohhh and we have heard it might be black now but built with same parts……. hopefully someone will see it soon.

konadad
    Free Member

oops

konadad
    Free Member

bullough park

philfive
    Free Member

I’m up burnley road.

watsontony
    Free Member

kona dad is there any riding to be had in bullough park?

any big drops or jumps and things like that?

i used to live at the top of ormrod street as a child. can you still go right from the top of fern gore into town through the park ect..?

konadad
    Free Member

nothing in the park but you can drop down through priestly clough and catch the old railway track up to Holland pies or down to the skate park. hi Phil I used to work up at Hugh Davies . I pass through carrs estate quite a lot on way to peel tower etc. will keep eye out

watsontony
    Free Member

bump to keep it fresh

watsontony
    Free Member

another bump

watsontony
    Free Member

has anyone seen this bike yet? or maybe cheap parts meeting the description?

gonzy
    Free Member

tony your friend must be gutted….my guess is whoever took it probably spotted him riding it to work and has followed him there and scoped the area out before taking it…
    most likely its someone local…
    you should mention it to all the local bike shops so they can keep a look out in case it gets brought in
    its most likely though that its been shifted away from the area or will have been stripped down so its easier to get rid of…
    i know haslingden well and i wouldnt be surprised if it been nicked to fund someones drug habit…

Northerner

Hi Guys

I have heard through a local bike shop that the Police Station in Uppermill, Saddleworth have a Yellow Cove Shocker which they discovered at someones house shall we say…

Maybe worth calling them as it could be the same bike.

Good Luck

Bregante

Unfortunately tony won’t see this as his internetz is broken.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘STOLEN haslingden new build cove shocker 2012 fox 40s STOLEN BUILT 7 WEEKS AGO’ is closed to new replies.