Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 170 total)
  • Pootle
  • Pook

The sharp eyed amongst you may have noticed a few clues over the past fortnight or so, but I think it’s about time we had another Peaks Pootle!

So, on November 2nd we’ll have a little run out from Hope, 10am. Meet at the car park next to the loos – conveniently across the road from the woodbine cafe and 18 Bikes.

As always, it’s a social affair – cakes are encouraged – and the normal Pootle principles stand ( though I can’t find th original ones, my Google fu is week today)

Basically…

If you’re fast, be prepared to wait at the top of hills and count people through
    If you’re slow, you’re not alone – bring banter! You’ll be with good company. And hora.

Basically, I set up the Pootles for those people at the back. We don’t have people at the back in a Pootle. We have a rest, a chat, enjoy the view.

See you there!

[video]http://vimeo.com/45793817[/video]

nbt

My google-fu is teh awsumz

I’m in.

Pook

Thank you Mr W.

allthegear
    Free Member

\o/

solarpowered
    Free Member

Wooooohoooooo!!!!! I’m in!

*sad when thinks of Bunnyhop* 😥 Gonna miss you girl xx

dawson

Hoping to make it!

rOcKeTdOg

Rigid compatible route?

nbt

Yes, I’ll be rigid

portlyone

Sounds good, if I can get a bike to work properly in time!

GregMay
    Free Member

Yes, I’ll be rigid

Dirty

Pook

It’s a rigid compatible route. Except for the 40ft double and 20ft step down….

I’d say it’s ‘red’ graded

lowey

A Sunday pootle. In that case I’m a definite maybe. 😀

nbt

Probably, I do tend that way

Pook

To quote my wife…. ‘If you must, do it on the Sunday cos then the shops are open if we need anything for decorating at the weekend’.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Would really like to go however I normally travel via public transport and the first train of the day wont get me there in time. Anyone travelling from Derby area?

GregMay
    Free Member

I’m away in Cuba so can’t join you all. I’ll drink some rum for you though 🙂

mintimperial

Damnit, I’m in Wales that weekend. Have fun.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Any clue as to the route?

I’m a possibly maybe depending on expected distance (or more importantly, which hills!) and my fitness, I’ve barely ridden for a year!

Would really like to go however I normally travel via public transport and the first train of the day wont get me there in time. Anyone travelling from Derby area?

Maybe, pending the above.

ton

bugger, I am away in the lakes with a load of loud sweary blokes from the north. which will be ace tho.

nbt

“ladybower classic” is the rough plan. There will be people of all abilities so please come along

chipster

In.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

“ladybower classic”

Better dust off my climbing legs then!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Registers interest, but I need to check the calendar…

MrNice
    Free Member

I’m in.

Will be my first mtb ride in quite a while so I’m better off on a pootle than my usual re-introduction after a break of trying to follow @nosedive in the dark down some precipitous flight of greasy off-camber steps he hasn’t bothered to mention.

EDIT: suppose I’d better check the bike still works and consider fitting tyres that actually have some tread…

grenosteve
    Free Member

Me and my brother may be along if thats ok. Sounds like agreat idea, and I need to do all the pootling I can!

Will confirm for sure closer to the time.

Tracey

Doing a stall at Peatys do in Sheffield to try and make more room in the garage so we cant make it

flyingmonkeycorps

Potential yes, but will confirm closer to the time. I likes a good Pootle me.

GHill

I’ll probably be at Peaty’s thing too. Pretty sure 18bikes is going to be closed for the same reason.

Pook

We can look through their window.

GHill

The shop’s upstairs, so stand on Hora’s shoulders. 😉

stumpy01

Will check the calendar, but will…….

Gah! Sudden realisation that I am down in Bristol visiting my Sister. Bu66er.
    Should be a good weekend though, as I am trying to persuade my Bro-in-Law to sneak off to Cwm Carn for the morning to try out his recently purchased Trek Superfly….

Bunnyhop

*sad when thinks of Bunnyhop* Gonna miss you girl xx

Aw thanks.
    Will be thinking of you all.

As a regular pootler I’m aiming for a summer pootle 2015 – bring it on 🙂

Pook

Crikey – summer pootle 2015?! I’ll have a 2 year old and a two month old. Jane, you’re an optimist!

Onzadog
    Free Member

Pants! Just about the only weekend I can’t make. Might have to send Redwoods on her own.

vickypea
    Free Member

I’ve been wanting to join a peaks pootle for ages, but I can’t come on this one because I’ve just had major surgery to my spine. Looking forward to being back on the MTB next spring.

nbt

Bump for the friday afternoon crowd

hora
    Free Member

Will there be cake, rain and mud? 🙂

nbt

And flat trails

LoveTubs
    Free Member

Oh pleeeeeeeeaaaaase let my wife not be working a weekend shift 🙂
    I’m in …..almost.

6hours
    Free Member

Probably 2 or 3 of us coming over from N. Lincs for the Pootle on some proper hills. Some may be weather dependent, but I expect to be there whatever, as the scenery is better and the mud is less sticky than ours.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 170 total)

The topic ‘Pootle’ is closed to new replies.