Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Pikes charger vs Xfusion HLR Damper
  • spicer
    Free Member

How do they compare?

I’ve got x-fusion vengeance hlr dla which i’ve transferred over to a new frame (27.5 trek remedy), and am just using the DLA adjuster to keep them at 140mm.

I’m considering swapping to some 140mm pikes, mainly because the vengeances are heavy and I no longer need to be able to flick upto 170mm travel, but would like some feedback from people who have used both if possible.

The vengeance are incredible with the HLR damper, never ridden anything as controlled as them (massive difference to the motion control 2009 revelations I had before) so I won’t bother unless the pikes are as good as or better!

No comparisons to the sweeps/slants etc please! They use a different damper, so not really relevant 🙂

benpinnick

OK, so I am breaking your rule here… but you might want to google ‘Sweep Roughcut’, and keep hold of the Vengeance a little while longer 🙂

superfli
    Free Member

No help really v Pikes, but I can say that my old 2011/2 HLR Vengeance were just as good if not better (they were more easily adjustable) than my recently bought Marz 350 NCR in terms of damping and riding. I loved my Vengeance forks and always recommended them, yet most ignored and went for RS/Fox. They still dont get the recognition they deserve. My only gripe with them was the weight and 650b clearance. 2.4kg v 2kg for my Marz.
    If using at 140mm, I would look at the Pike however, just because of the weight penalty. Pikes do have excellent damping and will save you 1lb. It seems a lot to throw away.

daveh
    Free Member

you might want to google ‘Sweep Roughcut’

+1

spicer
    Free Member

Ooooh. Interesting. Anyone know when this is likely to be out?

And superfli I completely agree, completely underrated fork!

deviant
    Free Member

Love my Sweep with its RL2 damper, think it feels better than any Fox or Rockshox fork I’ve ridden thus far….I can only imagine how good the twin-tube HLR damper is!

LoCo
    Free Member

2015 ‘Roughcut’ (not the best name?!) equipped forks due in a couple of months.
    The damper for retro compatabiltiy with older Xfusions not due till 2016 (so this time next year)

daveh
    Free Member

The damper for retro compatabiltiy with older Xfusions not due till 2016 (so this time next year)

Boo! 😥 😆

spicer
    Free Member

Shot an email over to martin at upgrade, can confirm a few months wait for the roughcut forks, but “much later in the year with no confirmed date, or even possibility” as of yet for the retro-fit damper.
    I sort of hope I don’t come across a really good deal on pikes at the moment…

spicer
    Free Member

Hmmmm, after seeing the video on pinkbike earlier today, I think thats got me decided to wait for these to come out!

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/damper-testing-norcal-brian-lopes-x-fusion-video-2015.html

simonbowns
    Free Member

We’ve just had our first delivery of Sweep (the 650b Slant) Roughcut HLR arrive. Bloody lovely, decent adjusters with proper detents. NICE!

Here on our site

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Pikes charger vs Xfusion HLR Damper’ is closed to new replies.