Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • Origins of "Own him with some bombers"…
  • afrothunder88

As per the title really, not been knocking around long enough to know why/where it started??

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Chappie off here was in bike cave in his cellar when he heard someone breaking into huis house, via downstairs WC. Nearest thing to hand was an old pair of bombers, so he saw them off with said bombers.

Ergo, a legend was born.

afrothunder88

Ha, genius!

Cheers.

retro83
    Free Member

what ever happened to that bloke? Was he also the chap who had 'manly arms'? 😆

MarkDatz
    Free Member

Ha ha wikid funy lol

geoffj

what ever happened to that bloke? Was he also the chap who had 'manly arms'?

And had the spoke snapping/cutting incident in a Leeds LBS. 😆

mudshark
    Free Member

I remember he got a bit touchy about the jokey responses to his moment of fear; strange bloke….

nobtwidler
    Free Member

Wasn't it oneeyedwilly? with his "big guns"

Jamie
    Free Member

Bit of a muscle bound beefcake if i remember right.

the-muffin-man

Was he also the chap who had 'manly arms'?

'42' was the man with the manly arms – that photo of him bare chested is etched into my brain for the whole of eternity!!! He also had a 'death stare'!

hora
    Free Member

OneeyedWilly. I remember there were about 4 different subjects running parallel on that thread. Then he posted up a picture of a young Leo Sayer and the comedy really began..

I remember my talk of being a Gay Pron movie star. Conan the manslayer with a pile of men at my feet who had fallen onto my sword..

anonymouse
    Free Member

While we're recycling old threads, has anyone got a link to the legend that is picolax?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

The original was lost in the 'incident' where the hamsters accidentlay got hold of some picolax form some kid in Norfolk (allegedly).

There were eddited highlights on the front page?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member
    chakaping
    Free Member

Sounds interesting, but I'm more intrigued about whether somebody actually did a wee in somebody else's shoes.

MikeT-23
    Free Member

Isn't timing great?

I was just wondering, this very morn, about the roots of being 'owned with bombers', and young afro up there asks the question. Well done, sir. And well done to to anotherdeadhero for answering.

My STW training is now complete. Now for the initiation rites of:
    1 Being owned with bombers
    2 Having my balls shaved
    3 Knocking a ped off their feet
    4 Asking the 'which tyres' question

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Pwned with Bombers->oneeyedwilly

Thread got lost with the rest of the forum history/members in the great xmas hack disaster.

It was class, up there with picolax.

nosemineb
    Free Member

Didnt the track cyclist whose name escapes me wee in Graham Obrees shoes?
    Think it mentioned it in Grahams book.

binners

Are we allowed to mention the Badger?

StirlingCrispin

"

I'm more intrigued about whether somebody actually did a wee in somebody else's shoes."

My memory is that a forum member got bike oil on the living room carpet.
    It was suggested that, in order to distract his wife's attention from the damage, he wee in her shoes.

Graeme Obree – he had his bed wee'd in (by Chris Newton I think)

nosemineb
    Free Member

Chris Newton Hes the 1! Thought it was shoes though.

beamers

Thanks for the link to the Picolax thread. I've only read the first couple of posts and my sides are already hurting.

lowey

Ahh yes…

Oneeyedwilly was indeed the guy.

42 was a classic as Tim points out. A total self destruct performed in full view of the baying internet.

My personal fav however is Team McCoy. That guys was just utter genius.

ziggy
    Free Member

I have to say this week has been classic STW, the Badger however was easily the funniest thread of eva.

Didn't oneeyedwilly look like David Essex IIRC?

Are there any Badger pics with the 747 still floating around on anyones hard drives?

edie; oh yeah it was Leo Sayer, whatever happened to 'chasealex'? Did he ever grow into that 661 kit?

z1ppy

Cressers should be given an honourable mention too, after being banned from the site by the mods for being too "depressing" with his daily doomed threads.

I thought the "wee-ing in some-one shoes" also had something too do with some guy boasting about pee-ing on his bosses laptop keyboard.

afrothunder88

Damn, now I need to know what the Badger thread was about?!

uplink
    Free Member

Are there any Badger pics with the 747 still floating around on anyones hard drives

Concorde do?

stevomcd
    Free Member

There is a photo doing the rounds of a bloke manning a track pump. The tyre he's inflating has just exploded. On the patio in front of him, there is a big splodge of white stuff. The bloke has a fairly comical surprised expression on his face.

Said photo got posted up very regularly every time someone asked the "Tubeless – should I or shouldn't I?" question until the bloke in the photo (who's screen name was "the badger") lost the rag.

Apparently:
    1. He was a big fan of tubeless.
    2. The tyre in the photo wasn't even tubeless and had exploded due to existing damage or something.
    3. The white stuff in the photo wasn't acutally latex, it was an old paint spill.

Needless to say, this did not result in the desired decrease in the frequency with which the photo appeared.

uplink
    Free Member

Unzip it & click on the html file

http://rapidshare.com/files/358872376/Badger.zip

hillsplease

Anyone else feeling slightly saddened that they know what all this is about? Picolax makes me chuckle just thinking about it.

Is the Badger simply running his own 'what tyres for' thread?

StirlingCrispin

Here it is!

ziggy
    Free Member

:cries:

:cries some more:

😆

Dylan08
    Free Member

The guy with bombers was the spit of Screech out of Saved by the bell!

🙂

deadlyhifi
    Free Member

In the interest of history i've put the tubeless thread here: http://deadlyhifi.com/tubeless/
    I wasn't around then but have heard about the legend. I took out all the email addresses…

slowjo
    Free Member

Oh yes, Badger lost it big time didn't he? Wot a laff! 🙂

As far as "owning with bombers" was concerned, isn't that what he claimed to do but later 'fessed up to not actually doing it? Maybe I'm wrong but I'm sure there was a twist in it somewhere.

yoshimi

just read picolax…………….'I showered my skin' genius

Swiftacular
    Free Member

kaesae or whatever his name was, in the "Whats this joker on about?" or similar…. Modern Classic, at the time it was as funny as Picolax.

MrKmkII
    Free Member

no one mentioning the aeroplane on a conveyor belt, then?

ChrisL

Badger's picture got used without his permission on the Ollie's Yes Tubes site and he was a bit miffed about that. It then snowballed from there.

muddy_bum
    Free Member

Chickenshit poltroon!

Oops wrong forum

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Origins of "Own him with some bombers"…’ is closed to new replies.