Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)
  • On One Whippet- Show Me Yours.
  • rossi46
    Free Member

I’m getting one of these – Iv’e finally decided to sell my Intense Spider (Frame only, offers around £500- pics on request). I really fancy a carbon hardtail and this ticks all the boxes.
    Looking at it i’ll need a new integral headset, a bolt on front mech and a shorter stem as the top tube is two inches longer than the norm but now iv’e noticed the bottom bracket is a bit weird. Will my Shimano Hone set up work? On One say it needs a BB 92 press fit- whats the difference?
    Who owns one, what’s it ride like?

Show me yours 😉

hopefiendboy

I think you’ll like it.

You will need a new bb but it should work ok

fluxhutchinson
    Free Member

Hey if you need a front mech i have an xtr hdm front mech that i cant use anymore, front my whippet before i swapped it for a 29er you can have it for £35 posted. its only seen 6 months use. this is a bit shamless i know 😀

sefton
    Free Member

new price – £999!!!

rossi46
    Free Member

You will need a new bb but it should work ok

Which bb would i need- i have a Shimano hollowtech Hone. I think the BB92 is for FSA only… 😥

xtr hdm front mech

Shameless indeed 😉 £30 posted? 😉 😉 :mrgreen:

Also, anyone know if the black frame is painted or is it lacquered over bare Carbon? I’m hoping it’s bare Carbon 😉
    Hmmmmmm, red or black?

fluxhutchinson
    Free Member

You can have it for £30 posted. if you pay the paypal fees 😀

rossi46
    Free Member

You can have it for £30 posted. if you pay the paypal fees

Deal!
    Can you hold it for a couple of weeks for me (current cash flow crisis should be over by then 🙄 )

mr_mills
    Free Member

This thread needs pics. Behold:-

whatgoesup

Ah, you barstewards, I just sold mine today and now you’re making me regret it already !

rob-jackson
    Free Member

I know of a 5 ride old one in red with bb, headset, and front mech for £220 – anyone interested?

Tom83

Still got my 20″ matte black frame for sale, good frame, but going full boingy!

johnnystorm

Haven’t got any pics as its still in bits but mine is silver, SS, XT crank, hope/flow/crossmarks, on-one carbon mono forks, kcnc stem, carbon flat bars, Ti Spoon and tatty twelfty post (for now), just need to sort some brakes.

MrGreedy

Here’s a photo of mine when it was box fresh and shiny. Kit is all XT 2×10, the rigid forks in the photo were a temporary measure before I got some Magura Durins on. Depends what kind of riding you’re into really, but there’s no doubting that they’re fast bikes. They can handle a lot more than you might expect too.

P1010660 by markxknowles, on Flickr

Merak

These look looooong in the top tube area, no? Those saddles are slammed forward on the rails, not cool. 🙂

backinireland
    Free Member

Waiting on my frame to arrive!
    Still not sorted bottom bracket or any other parts of drivetrain.
    Was thinking this…….
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=78801

whatgoesup

Halfway between Hollins Cross and Mam Tor

Untitled by markwsf, on Flickr

In the work bike shed the day before selling her

Untitled by markwsf, on Flickr

Janesy
    Free Member

Merak – Member

These look looooong in the top tube area, no? Those saddles are slammed forward on the rails, not cool.

Yep I was thinking that aswell. I would say they bought a bike to large for them.

flange
    Free Member

No slammed forward saddle, and now for sale

In a previous rigid setup

EDIT: and its a large.

whatgoesup

Mines not, i anything the bike was a little on the small side for me
    20″ frame and i’m 6’1″)

stimpy
    Free Member

rob – YGM 🙂

mr_mills
    Free Member

Merak – Member

These look looooong in the top tube area, no? Those saddles are slammed forward on the rails, not cool.

They’re not actually massively long. I thought it was going to be too long for me but it’s spot on. I don’t like being stretched out so mine fits me (5’10”) perfectly with a 60mm stem and a straight seatpost (clamp right in the middle of the rails if we’re measuring 😉 )

MrGreedy

Merak – Member

My photo was immediately post-build, before sorting position, so yes the saddle does look a bit far forward in that one (short a-c of the rigid forks probably exaggerates the effect too). I can’t access Flickr at work but there might be a more recent picture in my photostream somewhere that looks more normal.

Once set up, the top tube length is spot on though, I’ve done a *lot* of 6hr+ rides on it and not had any comfort issues, and it still handles pretty well if things get rough.

rossi46
    Free Member

Im feeling that iv’e made a good decision in buying one (well i will when the Spider sells- 16″ Intense Spider frame anyone? ).

Yellow looks pretty good actually 8)
    Iv’e noticed that they don’t have any chain suck guards on them- wouldn’t this kill the frame if you ever got a chain suck incident?
    I’m thinking that sticking some alloy plates on that area of the frame might be a good idea? 💡

Also, i’m 5ft 6ins. I normally ride a 16″ frame- will the 16″ Whippet come up too long for me? I’d normally have a 110mm stem, so what stem? 60mm?

Iv’e got to cost it all up 😆

cp

They aren’t that long. The geo is exactly the same as the inbreds and scandal, albeit with an effectively shorter headtube due to the internal headset.

sefton
    Free Member
    flange
    Free Member

Iv’e noticed that they don’t have any chain suck guards on them- wouldn’t this kill the frame if you ever got a chain suck incident?

I run a rear mech with a clutch and despite the mud at SITS and some regional races this year I’ve had no chain suck or even chipping of the chainstays. Stays are immaculate and thats without any tape or owt.

For the money, you can’t fault them. With decent kit it builds up into a very light bike too

JamieMc
    Free Member

here is mine

Garry_Lager

Nice whippets – a grand is a great price atm. Had mine about a year – v good. Would be perfect but I think I’m between sizes on it a wee bit.

rossi46
    Free Member

Stunning looking bikes 😉

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Stunning looking bikes

spoke too soon

Stevo210
    Free Member

p7rich
    Free Member

love it.

backinireland
    Free Member

pentlands garry?

rossi46
    Free Member

spoke too soon

😯 Holy mother of God, where did you get those white tyres?
    That’s pimped in a Shaft kinda way 😉

I know of a 5 ride old one in red with bb, headset, and front mech for £220 – anyone interested?

What size? Got any pics? What H/set, BB, Front mech is it?
    £220 posted?
    I’m interested if it ticks all the boxes 😉

Garry_Lager

backinireland – Member
    pentlands garry?

No mate, that’s shining tor in the Peak, looking toward the Cheshire Matterhorn. Used to ride a lot in the Pentlands but have moved away.

backinireland
    Free Member

Trig point just looked familiar from somewhere
    Pentlands used to be my playground too

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Holy mother of God, where did you get those white tyres?
    That’s pimped in a Shaft kinda way

I swear to god, it’s not mine. I can’t believe someone in the UK would own that, must be a Euro citizen.

sambob
    Free Member

Take it I’d want a 20″ at 6’1″? Would a Whippet be alright with 120mm forks? I’ve got a set of Reba Maxle 120’s that I want to use, or a set of Pike Coils, but they’re heavy. Cheers all.

p7rich
    Free Member

I’m 6’2″ and my 18″ fits perfect. 100mm SIDs here.

Garry_Lager

I’m 6′ and the 18” with stock stem defo felt too short for me. Longer stem (like 110) and it’s fine. I reckon I could defo accommodate a 20” frame with the stock stem (which is pretty stubby).
    All in your dimensions as always.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘On One Whippet- Show Me Yours.’ is closed to new replies.