Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 89 total)
  • 'Litter picking' on a farmer's field
  • cinnamon_girl

Right, took the bike for a walk and spotted a creature in the middle of a field. It did not appear to be alive. Went to investigate, clapped my hands first just in case it was having a snooze but it was definitely dead.

So … to get to the nitty gritty … it was a young badger and I wanted to take it home to be the first in my mammal collection (looked in pretty good nick). But would I legally be entitled to do this? Or does the farmer 'own' it? Could I get arrested?

Someone on STW is bound to know! Thank you so much. 🙂

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Mammal collection?????

joolsburger
    Free Member

You seem a nice woman CG but this is quite possibly the most disturbing thing I have ever read on Singletrack.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ourmaninthenorth

c_g

You are weird.

Seek help. Quickly.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

😯 😯 😯 😯 😯 😯 😯 😯 😯 😯 😯 😯 😯 😯 😯 😯 😯 😯 😯 😯 😯 😯 😯 😯 😯 😯 😯 😯

sofatester
    Free Member

This has to be a troll!

sofatester
    Free Member

You seem a nice woman CG but this is quite possibly the most disturbing thing I have ever read on Singletrack.

That’s quite an accolade!

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

forget the badger

show us yer beaver

ill get me coat 🙁

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Not just me that found this a little……odd then

joolsburger
    Free Member

How a dead badger can be in "pretty good nick" was the best bit..

IanMunro
    Free Member

And in this room..
    In this room I display the bodies of all the men who have crossed me.

cinnamon_girl

I am definitely not weird! That is quite insulting. 😥

Some animals are beautiful creatures. I have a large deer antler in my lounge, nobody has been freaked out by it. What's the problem?

Lifer
    Free Member

?

IanMunro
    Free Member

I think it's lovely thing cg.
    Do you have an old pet dog mounted on wheels so you can take it on walkies?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

CG, an antler is one thing, a rotting badger is quite another!

You are, I'm assuming, thinking of getting it stuffed?

I'm half amazed, half intrigued by this

joolsburger
    Free Member

Seriously CG animals are indeed beautiful, frolicing about, doing animally things. Being stuffed and sitting in a lounge they do not reflect well on the homeowner.

cinnamon_girl

No, I don't want to eat it. But I could see that it wasn't 'damaged' so not sure of the cause of death. Bit worried about Bovine TB to be honest.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

My mother has a collection of animal skulls of nearly all the british mammals – from shrews to badgers to dear to goose to wrens. I don't think there are any human skulls amongst them

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

"What Camelbak for badger transportation?"

😉

midgebait
    Free Member

Ah… the old 'found it in a field officer'!

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

That badger would be supplying food to lot of other things in the local ecosystem. Let them have it instead.

Swiftacular
    Free Member

I am definitely not weird, now will someone help me decide if I'm allowed to collect dead badgers
    Weirdo 😉

cinnamon_girl

Yes, it would be stuffed. I do actually have some animal remains in my house – not on public display though.

Love the pics btw. 😆

cinnamon_girl

Well, I was thinking of borrowing a Bob trailer but am not strong enough to do that. My next request was to ask if anyone had an all terrain pram I could borrow?

Bunnyhop

Its going to be a bit whiffy if not kept in the freezer.

Swiftacular
    Free Member

You're lucky you're known in these parts CG, if this was a newcomer, you'd get totally flamed for this.

MrsToast
    Free Member

😆

Sorry, mental image of someone peering into the pram to coo over baby and being confronted with a dead badger amuses me greatly!

Eccles
    Free Member

There was that chap from IoM a while back on here, he's likely to know if he's still about? Name escapes me…

Swiftacular
    Free Member

What tyres for dead badger collecting……

mogrim

Mmm badger, tis BBQ season after all. Young is better, tenderer.

Let it hang in the garage for a couple of days, then skin 'n baste with honey/English mustard and on the grill. Boil up the remains to remove the skin/remains and mount the skull on your handlebars.

falkirk-mark

and mount the skull on your handlebars

That conjures up the most disturbing image of this thread (is badgering a bit like dogging)

mogrim

That conjures up the most disturbing image of this thread (is badgering a bit like dogging)

The real pisser is that badgers don't have horns, but I guess a half-open mouth with fangs will have to do.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

serious jawbones and skull on a badger – looks well 'ard

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

(is badgering a bit like dogging)

I'm certain most forum users have been accused of badgering their partners for sex at some point!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I can categorically state that c-g will not be having sex with a dead badger! She's not its type…

mogrim

serious jawbones and skull on a badger – looks well 'ard

Yeah, but horns? Horns rock on your handlebars. Jawbones? As in suck-your-cheeks-and-pretend-you're-Andrew-Eldritch? Pfffff

daveagiles
    Free Member

I managed to get a rabbit stuck in my front wheel yesterday on the way back from uni.

Its probably a bit tatty, but I know where it is and could post it to you if you wanted it for your collection C_G?

Bunnyhop

Badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger MUSHROOM.

sofaking
    Free Member

i know its a honey badger . but you get the idea

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘'Litter picking' on a farmer's field’ is closed to new replies.